Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who is most deserving of enshirement to Pats Hall of Fame in 2017?

• Julius Adams

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Raymond Clayborn

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Russ Francis

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Rodney Harrison

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Matt Light

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Fred Marion

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Randy Moss

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Richard Seymour

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Mike Vrabel

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronk is special...I think he would be a Pro Bowler on any team.

Coates was a tank. He beat up a defense by himself.

It's not an insult to those guys, to say that during his time with the Pats, Francis was better. It's not like it's by a lot, or even more than a whisker.

No, No, NO! Francis was not better. Unequivocally and definitively NOT better. Not by a lot. Not by a whisker. Not at all. Francis was not better than Gronk, PERIOD. This is not under debate.

Gronk has 4x First Team All Pros in 7 seasons so far and counting. That's more than Seymour or Clayburn or anyone else listed on these polls. Gronk is a beast. Only one Tight-End in the league gets to be First Team All-Pro, and Gronk is so dominant he's an automatic First Team All-Pro when he's healthy. How can you say Francis is better than Gronk. Come on!

Gronk had five 10+ TD seasons in his first six NFL seasons. In NFL history no other Tight-end has had more than three 10+ TD seasons.

Gronk averages 15.0 Yards per catch! Most Elite TEs do 12.0-13.0.

Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Is Gronk Already the Best Tight End Ever?

Bill Belichick on red zone greatness of Rob Gronkowski: ‘Obviously, bigger is better’

Belichick has publicly said we'd have won Super Bowl XLVI if Gronk was healthy. Which is insane considering how tight-lipped BB is about everything, especially games we lose.

Gronk is being called the best Tight-End in NFL history. How can you possibly compare him to Russ Francis. Come on!

I give you facts and figures. Your answer is "What if Brady threw to Francis?". That's all you have?

No, No, NO! Francis was not better. Unequivocally and definitively NOT better. Not by a lot. Not by a whisker. Not at all. Francis was not better than Gronk, PERIOD. This is not under debate.

Gronk has 4x First Team All Pros in 7 seasons so far and counting. That's more than Seymour or Clayburn or anyone else listed on these polls. Gronk is a beast. Only one Tight-End in the league gets to be First Team All-Pro, and Gronk is so dominant he's an automatic First Team All-Pro when he's healthy. How can you say Francis is better than Gronk. Come on!

Gronk had five 10+ TD seasons in his first six NFL seasons. In NFL history no other Tight-end has had more than three 10+ TD seasons.

Gronk averages 15.0 Yards per catch! Most Elite TEs do 12.0-13.0.

Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Is Gronk Already the Best Tight End Ever?

Bill Belichick on red zone greatness of Rob Gronkowski: ‘Obviously, bigger is better’

Belichick has publicly said we'd have won Super Bowl XLVI if Gronk was healthy. Which is insane considering how tight-lipped BB is about everything, especially games we lose.

Gronk is being called the best Tight-End in NFL history. How can you possibly compare him to Russ Francis. Come on!

I give you facts and figures. Your answer is "What if Brady threw to Francis?". That's all you have?
Without looking it up, I'm guessing the majority of passes caught by Gronkowski, like Welker, were from Brady...

Well, I guess Reche Caldwell is better than Stanley Morgan, my bad...

Without looking it up, I'm guessing the majority of passes caught by Gronkowski, like Welker, were from Brady...

Well, I guess Reche Caldwell is better than Stanley Morgan, my bad...

That's absurd. I can just as easily say that you should stop elevating everyone's statistics pre-Brady just because Brady wasn't throwing to them in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

Uh, McGinest better return someone's red jacket if he's not supposed to be wearing it. :confused:

I'm surprised at the disrespect being shown to Matt Light (3 Pro Bowls, 1 First Team All-Pro, 3 Super Bowls, entire career with Pats protecting Brady's blind side) on this thread and in the poll.
underrated, should have been ahead of Faulk

Uh, McGinest better return someone's red jacket if he's not supposed to be wearing it. :confused:
OK, I'm officially embarrassed. As the self anointed #1 Willie fan, I forgot he was already in. I am ashamed. I wear his jersey watching the games. Oh, the shame.

What about Lawyer Milloy? 4x Pro Bowls, 1 First Team All-Pro, 1 Second Team All-Pro, 1 Super Bowl. Why isn't he in consideration over a lot of these? We cut Bledsoe and he went to the Bills and Cowboys and he's in the HoF. Why not Milloy?

Clayborn was amazing, just played for teams that couldn't get it done

I said "other" because multiple picks should be OK so old timers vs. Super Bowl era doesn't happen. I like say, Raymond Claybourne (Sp?) but it isn't a fair fight for him - through no fault of his.

I saw Randy bust his ass when he was here, and I think he treasures his experience here in a more special way than his other stops. But he was here relatively briefly, and he imploded in the end. I didn't see a lack of effort.
Emphasis on imploded. I repeat, one trick pony, not a team player, I'm sure you loved his commitment to blocking and running his routes when he was not a primary. I really disliked him as a player.

I'm surprised that the veteran's committee could not come to an 80% concensus
on Ray Clayborn. How old are the members on this committee? I started following
the Patriots in 1959 at the age of 27. The committee may not have enough old geezers who followed the early years.

The Pats HOF needs a serious senior selection committee to remedy obvious injustices. I'll add two old timers, both unmentioned. The first is Tom Neville, an outstanding Offensive tackle of the first 10 years of the team. Probblya bigger star than Jon Morris. The second is a current NFL HOF member, who DOES NOT SIT in the Pats HOF.

I am talking a bout MLB Nick Buoniconti. I know he was traded to the Dolphins, by the idiot Cive Rush for a bag of magic beans, soldified their Defense, always playing hard as was his wont, won a couple of Super Bowls with them and guided the only NFL undefeated and untied team to a Super Bowl title. But he played most of his career with the Patriots. What kind of injustice is it to be a NFL HOF player, drafted by the Patriots, who made his fame there, and yet was deemed not be good enough for the Patriots HOF?

His story is the ultimate trivia question. "Who was good enough to make the NFL HOF, played most of his career there, and yet not good enough to make the original team's HOF?"

The Pats HOF needs a senior selection comittee to remedy obvious injustices. I'll add two old timers, both unmentioned. The first is Tom Neville, an outstanding Offensive tackle of the first 10 years of the team. The second is a current NFL HOF member, who DOES NOT SIT in the Pats HOF.

I am talking a bout MLB Nick Buoniconti. I know he was traded to the Dolphins, by the idiot Cive Rush for a bag of magic beans, soldified their Defense, always palying hard as was his wont, won a couple of Super Bowls with them and guided the only NFL undefeated and untied team to a Super Bowl title. But he played most of his career with the Patriots. What kind of injustice is it to be a NFL HOF player, drafted by the Patriots, who made his fame there, and not be good enough for the Patriots HOF?

His story is the ultimate trivia question. "Who was good enough to make the NFL HOF, played most of his career there, and yet not good enough to make the original team's HOF?"
I'm afraid I can't support Tom Neville. I still wake from a sound sleep hearing "holding #77. He was a long time left tackle but no emphatically on the hall.
Now Nick Buonoconti is a different story. He should be in there, he was their best player in the 60's.

The Pats HOF needs a serious senior selection committee to remedy obvious injustices. I'll add two old timers, both unmentioned. The first is Tom Neville, an outstanding Offensive tackle of the first 10 years of the team. Probblya bigger star than Jon Morris. The second is a current NFL HOF member, who DOES NOT SIT in the Pats HOF.

I am talking a bout MLB Nick Buoniconti. I know he was traded to the Dolphins, by the idiot Cive Rush for a bag of magic beans, soldified their Defense, always playing hard as was his wont, won a couple of Super Bowls with them and guided the only NFL undefeated and untied team to a Super Bowl title. But he played most of his career with the Patriots. What kind of injustice is it to be a NFL HOF player, drafted by the Patriots, who made his fame there, and yet was deemed not be good enough for the Patriots HOF?

Nick Buoniconti was inducted into the Patriots HOF in 1992.

www.thehallatpatriotplace.com/hall-of-fame/

Last edited:

Chill out mate. Buoniconti was the 2nd guy into the HoF after Hannah, in 1992. Pats HoF was established in 1991. Jeez.

Wow! All them players deserve to be in. I had to go with Seymour though.
Seems he was so critical to the D and the D was so critical to the championships.
All due respect to the offensive players.

I'm surprised that the veteran's committee could not come to an 80% concensus
on Ray Clayborn. How old are the members on this committee? I started following
the Patriots in 1959 at the age of 27. The committee may not have enough old geezers who followed the early years.

Nobody knows much on the Pats before the 90's it seems. If you watched the great late 70's-80's teams I don't see how you could vote for Sam Cunningham ahead of Clayborn. Every running back who ran behind Hanna and that line should get an asterisk. I don't see Don Calhoun getting any HOF votes.

Nobody knows much on the Pats before the 90's it seems. If you watched the great late 70's-80's teams I don't see how you could vote for Sam Cunningham ahead of Clayborn. Every running back who ran behind Hanna and that line should get an asterisk. I don't see Don Calhoun getting any HOF votes.
Amen! I still haven't forgiven Cunningham for not staying inbounds on the final possession in the 76 playoffs

Amen! I still haven't forgiven Cunningham for not staying inbounds on the final possession in the 76 playoffs
wasn't Sam's fault. Shoulder injury excuse is a myth.

Sideline yard marker was moved; Sam ran past it, no way he could have known.

Pats just short of first down after measurement.

On a side note, anyone who thinks Wikipedia is not anti-Patriots, besides noting extravagant descriptions of CameraLocationGate [wiki refuses to acknowledge that alternative, and most accurate, name] and DefameGate [ditto] with lots of quotes from CHBF presented as some sort of substantive supporting reference, ZERO mention is made under "Ben Dreith" of the single worst and most game-affecting, justice-damaging and championship-altering call in sports history, made by him, after deciding to count the dandelions while Russ Francis was being suffocated during the previous series.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back