2. He's a statue with no mobility
3. Throws a lot of picks
4. Was not a mentor to Lamar

Brissett:

1. Young
2. Has mobility
3. Takes care of the ball
4. Good mentor, high character
I've warmed up to Brissett, I liked him as a raw rookie when he played against the Texans his athletic ability is definitely huge. Yeah we should sign him asap.

So you have nothing. Got it.
It’s been well reported on, but you only accept media coverage that states BB stinks at his job and dismiss what doesn’t.

Your biased, it’s a “you” problem.

I’m good with signing Jacoby as a bridge QB on a 2 year deal. Year 1 as the starter while the heir apparent sits and learns and year 2 as the veteran mentor QB2. Something along the lines of Alex Smith/Patrick Mahomes (yes I know it’s not an exact comparison).

This can still work even if we move in a different direction with the draft (taking MHJ or moving down and drafting a starting LT); however, a guy like Cousins might be the better option in this scenario in case our future QB doesn’t come this year or needs more time to develop.

I don’t think Flacco is a real option for us because I can’t see Wolf giving him a multi year deal at his age.

It's a shame we didn't get to see this Rourke play he's better than both Mac and Zapppe he could be our Bridge QB and more. I think BB left us something good in what was one of his last GM moves toast BB. I think we are all going to like Rourke tough gutsy Doug Flutie type kid.
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

I honestly think we might have something in Rourke. He shows some good things in his JAX and CFL tape. I’m not expecting the world, but I think he pushes Zappe out the door which at least purges the recent QB room…I’m good with that.

He’s signed so let’s see what he brings in TC.

I honestly think we might have something in Rourke. He shows some good things in his JAX and CFL tape. I’m not expecting the world, but I think he pushes Zappe out the door which at least purges the recent QB room…I’m good with that.

He’s signed so let’s see what he brings in TC.
Rourke and Zappe are signed and competing for the #3 QB position.

Rourke and Zappe are signed and competing for the #3 QB position.
If the stories are correct that Zappe acts like he should be the starter, I don't want him anywhere near the new guy. Besides, he is as bad or worse than Mac. It shouldn't be hard to find a better option for QB3, the team needs to move on from him as well.

They usually break before you can give them away.
They vary tremendously. I had to drill a lot of holes in concrete when I was building the main bench in my workshop, so I bought a hammer drill for $15 from HF. I figured I'd burn it out and throw it away. I've still got the poor thing: works fine. Here's the beast now, still fifteen bucks:

1710163108048.png

If the stories are correct that Zappe acts like he should be the starter, I don't want him anywhere near the new guy. Besides, he is as bad or worse than Mac. It shouldn't be hard to find a better option for QB3, the team needs to move on from him as well.
Sign a veteran, draft one in the first round and keep Rourke, don't think we can get much for Zappe so let him go.

I think that's probably right, though I do wish the Zapster well, wherever he may roam.

Don't all QBs act like they should be the starter? If they're not driven to compete and win, what's the point of them? If he's me-first, then that's different.

I really hope Jacoby Biscuit is not our Bridge QB we can do so much better.

Don't like Brissett, reminds me of trying to pop a stubborn cork in a champagne bottle.

Surprised no one has done the meme of him starting to throw, cutting to spongebob '1 hour later'.. then seeing the ball released lol

It's a dumb discussion. The difference between Brissett and Jones is negligible. One is on a rookie contract and one you have to pay something. If you are already punting on having a competent starter this year, take the cheaper option that already plays with the guys on the team. Jacoby is for when someone goes down
Jones was a cancer in the locker and quarterbacks rooms. Many players disliked him. He couldn't stay. Players aren't chess pieces: the human factor needs to be accounted for.

Don't all QBs act like they should be the starter? If they're not driven to compete and win, what's the point of them? If he's me-first, then that's different.
Yes, all QBs should want to be starter. Acting like he should be the starter was the language used in multiple press reports describing the tension in the QB room. At the end of the day Zappe's performance on the field is sufficient to look for a new QB, independent of any entitlement issues that he brings to the table.

Don't like Brissett, reminds me of trying to pop a stubborn cork in a champagne bottle.

Surprised no one has done the meme of him starting to throw, cutting to spongebob '1 hour later'.. then seeing the ball released lol
You pop off, not on, a champagne cork.Your problem is not finishing that bottle.

Jacoby Brissett blows, there's a reason he's 18-30 as a starter and went 4-7 in 2022 with a Browns roster way better than this.

If your first round quarterback picked in the top 3 can't beat out Jacoby Brissett even as a rookie he shouldn't be drafted in the top 3, i think you could argue he's a downgrade on Mac Jones they're both mid 80s QB rating type of backups but one is older and more expensive.

There's a reason he's been on 4 teams in the last 4 seasons, he's not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back