PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats backroom let down Brady AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not Jimmy Garoppolo, then whom? - espnBoston

Interesting. Reiss's hunches should be considered informed hunches, I'd say.

I was booming for an interior O-line upgrade at C and RG, since the end of the season, because Brady was sacked 40 times and big DTs just abused the game but too small, tough guy, Wendell at C. I thought you'd need two starters, and one would be a guy like Zack Martin, Xavier SuaFilo or Joel Bitonio for conversion. But BB thought he only needed two mid round picks, as he had the now seasoned Cannon, if he could be freed up from his swing tackle duties.

So he drafted the Biggest Center, who had an injury marred Senior season but still won the Rimington Trophy symbolic of the best collegiate C. He also drafted in the same round, a swing RT who played in a pro type Offense, and blocked for the likes of Andrew Luck. So he could free up Marcus Canon to take the starting RG position, finally.

I suspect the draft of Jon Halapio in the 6th was a just a case of good G, who had fallen that was too good to pass up. BB as much as said so.

If so, the G Jon Halapio adds depth on the interior, as both Connoly and Mankins are in their early 30s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back