PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Apply for Copyright on 19-0. We're Screwed! [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats Apply for Copyright on 19-0. We're Screwed!

It's on the front-page of the NY Post today. Actually, the post applied for Copyright on 18*-1.

Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.

They applied for a trademark, not a copyright.

Not sure if they'll get the trademark, though, since there's the matter of prior art. People have been using 19-0 before the Pats ever thought of trademarking it.

It's on the front-page of the NY Post today. Actually, the post applied for Copyright on 18*-1.

HA, theyre hoping we lose

The Lakers did the same thing back in '89. They wanted "three-peat."

Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.

"Petty" huh? I'd say this is worse than Anthony Smith and Plax Burress's "guarantees" combined... I can only imagine how you'd all be getting your panties in a bunch over this if it was another team pulling this overconfident lil' stunt.

Last edited:

I just saw something on ESPN saying that. Anyone else hear it?

Oh yeah, let's see... somebody is pissed off that I said "we're screwed," blah blah blah... bite me.

Yeah, we wouldn't want them to protect themselves from every two bit douche bag that wants to cash in on their hard work. Besides, only a total D!CKHEAD would even think that anything we say or do, or that any PR nerd-azz dweeb would do, would absolutely have ANY effect on the ACTUAL outcome of the game. Don't be stupid, we are spectators, the players are gonna get it done.

Keep f^cking praying troll. History is happening, no matter how upsetting it is to the rest of the you :singing:

Last edited:

"Petty" huh? I'd say this is worse than Anthony Smith and Plax Burress's "guarantees" combined... I can only imagine how you'd all be getting your panties in a bunch over this if it was another team pulling this overconfident lil' stunt.

Do you see Tom Brady and Belichick out there campaigning for it? No you don't. Obviously it's Krafts decision (or someone in the marketing department, and he OK'd it). but the TEAM isn't pulling this "lil stunt". Is it overconfidence? Yes. But the players and coaches have nothing to do with it other then making it a possible reality.

Last edited:

waaahhhaa. Does it occur to anyone that it might behoove them to do this now before someone else grabs and tries to hold it ransom, much like the .com names in the late 90's?

We're screwed oh no run for the hills.....

And Stan GFY!!! I want you to give me one example of the Patriots being overconfident and losing the game because of it! Good Luck!

God, I can't wait 'til the damn game is over at this point, win or (however unlikely it may be,) lose. On second thought, bitter Clots and Gnats fans will most likely still be here, harping on how we should lose our #7 first round pick from the 9ers, wahhhh.

PFnV

19-0 Pats copyright or whatever will be GRANTED this monday.

I'm going to agree.

This is worse than Anthony Smith.

Anthony Smith ran his mouth, but this implies action

Yeah, we wouldn't want them to protect themselves from every two bit douche bag that wants to cash in on their hard work. Besides, only a total D!CKHEAD would even think that anything we say or do, or that any PR nerd-azz dweeb would do, would absolutely have ANY effect on the ACTUAL outcome of the game. Don't be stupid, we are spectators, the players are gonna get it done.

Keep f^cking praying troll. History is happening, no matter how upsetting it is to the rest of the you :singing:

Goodness gracious, I KNEW that this was going to happen. There are so many a-holes on this message board, and it is really driving me crazy. Look, I'm convinced that we're going to win. Something like this just doesn't sit well with me. I'm not a troll. Get a life a- hole.

was it 18*-1 or 18-1?

I'd be inclined to agree, except for one thing. Anthony Smith and Plax are players on the field, whereas this was done by some legal stiff in the Patriots' organization. This, to me, is a lot more akin to how BB uses the parade planning to motivate his team, and is really nothing like actual player guarantees.

It really is amusing that no one seems to understand that you kind of have to grab it before someone else does and makes you pay through the ass for it.

Some people here are so into "karma" and "jinxing" and the like, and, to be honest, don't come across as very smart.

You can't plan a parade in only a few hours. You can't print up championship T shirts in a couple magical seconds either.

Now go and cry about this to the Tooth Fairy, Santa or the Easter Bunny.

Last edited:

It really is amusing that no one seems to understand that you kind of have to grab it before someone else does and makes you pay through the ass for it.

Some people here are so into "karma" and "jinxing" and the like, and, to be honest, don't come across as very smart.

You can't plan a parade in only a few hours. You can't print up championship T shirts in a couple magical seconds either.

Now go and cry about this to the Tooth Fairy, Santa or the Easter Bunny.

santa is still on my **** list.

the jinxing and karma crap is all b.s. anyways. If you think about it, there have to be hundreds of loonies sitting in a dark room putting pins into tom brady dolls.....

I don't think us predicting anything will offset any negative karma that those loonies would create.

santa is still on my **** list.

the jinxing and karma crap is all b.s. anyways. If you think about it, there have to be hundreds of loonies sitting in a dark room putting pins into tom brady dolls.....

I don't think us predicting anything will offset any negative karma that those loonies would create.

I remember back at the season's beginning, when the undefeated talk started, people were worried about the "karma" of making such a prediction. I thought it was stupid then and I think it's stupid now. It's like this weird self-important trip to actually think something Joe Whomever does will influence the outcome of a game. I mean, if that's the case, why even prepare and practice? Just pray to the "karma gods" every night and you'll be all set.

Goodness gracious, I KNEW that this was going to happen. There are so many a-holes on this message board, and it is really driving me crazy. Look, I'm convinced that we're going to win. Something like this just doesn't sit well with me. I'm not a troll. Get a life a- hole.

Well, since you just got here friggin 3 months ago bug the hell off then. It means absolutely ZERO that some PR dork decides to caption something that MIGHT VERY OCCUR before someone else does to protect the organization. It doesn't need a thread from you. You don't like it, fine, but it's got nothing to do with squat.

I'll get a life when you get a f^cking clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes