PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats and Gronk working on changes to his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You implied that they are not valuble enough to warrant leverage in negotiations and for their petulance would be jettisoned

They warrant leverage, but I believe that Brady and Gronk (partially because of Brady) get special treatment, as they should.

I don't think Gronk would be successful as a wrestler because he is not a very good communicator. The wrestlers that become really successful do so because of their shtick, not because of any athletic ability.
It is extremely unlikely that ground would make $19M (his new money in 2018 and 2019) outside of football.

I’m not sure if they’d add additional years onto a pact that’s already good for two more years, particularly when it’s to a guy that has some fairly serious health issues (as it pertains to the relevant topic of playing professional football), and who also openly pondered retirement in a power statement type of move, but we’ll find out soon enough.

So far, the reports that I’ve read state that they’re willing to increase his 2018 salary, much like they did last season.
With all due respect to Gronk he ought to be happy with restructuring his current contract to let him get some extra money. At this point of his career and some issues with health,multiple injuries, talking about retirement Gronk should know that giving him a long term deal by the Pats is very risky.

Wrasling is no where close to the punishment playing NFL football.

Other than Brady, there is no other Patriot that cones close to his popularity. I would argue that Gronk is even more popular because he is single and you never know what he is going to do next. People outside NE know all about him.

Are you sure?

wrestling is the silent killer. Showmanship and grit quality of life at a far greater percentage than helmet-crashing tackles. Big hits are only part of the equation in football. Devastating injuries, even melodramatic ones, are at the heart of what make wrestling entertaining. They are its pulse — until eventually, inevitably, it stops.

Is Pro Wrestling America’s Most Dangerous Sport? Ex-WWE Wrestlers Sue Over Lifelong Injuries

This article is NOT comprehensive. A lot of "wrestlers" die young.

Last edited by a moderator:
They warrant leverage, but I believe that Brady and Gronk (partially because of Brady) get special treatment, as they should.
agree 100%

I'll just leave this here ...

Considering he has missed 26 games due to injury and over his career averages .75 TDs a game, if he played in all the games he'd be at 95 TDs.

Also Jerry didn't start his NFL career until he was 23. All the others were 21.

At any rate, incredible list for Gronk to be a part of.

Considering he has missed 26 games due to injury and over his career averages .75 TDs a game, if he played in all the games he'd be at 95 TDs.

Also Jerry didn't start his NFL career until he was 23. All the others were 21.

At any rate, incredible list for Gronk to be a part of.

And he has another year to add to this record, right? All TDs in 2018 should count as “by age 29” since he doesn’t turn 30 until next May. Could surpass Jerry Rice.

And he has another year to add to this record, right? All TDs in 2018 should count as “by age 29” since he doesn’t turn 30 until next May. Could surpass Jerry Rice.
Yep!

supafly nailed it.
Tbh that’s misleading. HHH wrestles a couple times a year and he gets 2.8 for appearing on the show and cutting a promo every once and awhile. He’s also the COO of the company and gets a much larger corporate salary as well as stock that’s worth a lot.

Gronk still wouldn’t make what he makes now. He’d be better off acting

Tbh that’s misleading. HHH wrestles a couple times a year and he gets 2.8 for appearing on the show and cutting a promo every once and awhile. He’s also the COO of the company and gets a much larger corporate salary as well as stock that’s worth a lot.

What is misleading? Gronk would not make more than HHH as a wrestler yet he makes quite a bit more right now as a football player.

Gronk's stats & rankings since his 2nd season:

2011 (16 games):
yds/gm = 82.9 ... #6
TDs = 17 ........ #1
20+ yd = 22 ..... #5
1st downs = 69 .. #5

2012 (11 games, 733 snaps):
yds/gm = 71.8 ... #15
TDs = 11 ........ #4
20+ yd = 13 ..... #24
1st downs = 45 .. #26

2013 (7 games, 384 snaps):
yds/gm = 84.6 ... #9

2014 (15 games, 826 snaps):
yds/gm = 74.9 ... #16
TDs = 12 ........ #4
20+ = 19 ........ #10
1st downs = 60 .. #8

2015 (15 games, 937 snaps):
yds/gm = 78.4 ... #14
TDs = 11 ........ #7
20+ = 22 ........ #4
1st downs = 52 .. #16

2016 (8 games, 352 snaps):
yds/gm = 67.5 ... #18
YPC = 21.6 ...... #1, 65.8% catch rate
(among players with 25 receptions, minimum)

2017 (14 games, 903 snaps):
yds/gm = 77.4 ... #8
TDs = 8 ......... #8
20+ = 18 ........ #8
1st downs = 57 .. #9
YPC = 15.7 ...... #12, 65.1% catch rate

I'm working on how many WRs are currently scheduled to receive more "new cash" (excluding signing bonus money) than Gronk over the 2018 & 2019 seasons. My preliminary guess is that it will end up being about 20.

EDIT: Whatever the final count, please keep in mind that none of those WRs are in-line blockers.

The fact that Triple H is a COO of the company is completely irrelevant since that obviously wouldn’t apply to Gronk.

I chose him because he was in the top 3 of highest paid wrestlers, and Gronk sure as hell isn’t making top 1-2. My comparison is more than fair. If anything, it’s being too generous.

The fact that Triple H is a COO of the company is completely irrelevant since that obviously wouldn’t apply to Gronk.

I chose him because he was in the top 3 of highest paid wrestlers, and Gronk sure as hell isn’t making top 1-2. My comparison is more than fair. If anything, it’s being too generous.

True. Oh and by the way the idea that WWE style wrestling is safer than being an NFL player is debatable... There is no "off season" for the WWE however most of them disappear for months at a time.

No my point is Gronk could theoretically make more as an onscreen talent than HHH because he's not in a situation where he is getting most of his compensation as an executive. HHH's contract is misleading.

True. Oh and by the way the idea that WWE style wrestling is safer than being an NFL player is debatable... There is no "off season" for the WWE however most of them disappear for months at a time.
Thing is Gronk would probably wrestle maybe a handful of matches every year imo. There's also no gaurantee that he would be good at it, however.

Speaking of TEs that are #87, I just saw Travis Kelce on the Desus and Mero show. What a tool that dude is. Gronk may be a free spirit, but he doesn’t come off as a douche. Kelce is too much. What a clown.

How much would gronk make in the UFC?

He is the GOAT. I just hope it makes him Happy so we can get back to shutting up and playing ball. I love our Dynasty. Love the winning but what draws me in even more is the way they win. Everyone has a role, and no one is more important than the team. No distractions. Buy in and stay in line. What can I say I am Old School

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST