PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats and Celtics both 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayward is done for the season, he announced it himself.

I agree with your post except the part about Kyrie and defense. He seems to be a very coachable player when said coach is competent. He is hustling, tipping balls and playing totally unselfish basketball on the offensive side.

He is getting the youngsters involved and in turn they are gaining confidence and accelerating their progression. It felt that way last night when he passed up a wide open three to dish it to Jaylen for the impressive dunk. Questionable to pass up the gimme three but hard to argue with the result.

I don't think he was ever averse to playing this way. He just needed a good coach with a solid scheme. He got a great one with a talented young roster. The results are already showing.

Hayward is sandbagging. Lets sync in April.

Kyrie was brutal on D the first 2 games of the year. Hes been much better on D these last few games

They should be a legit contender next year.

As most of the league floats along in no man's land year after year, Ainge created a championship team, rode it as long as was smart, and has built another contender just a few years later. Anybody that puts him down is a dope. (Trading Perkins still ticks me off though.)

That Perkins trade still KILLS me.
That was the equivalent of trading Seymour, Mankins, Moss and cutting Milloy COMBINED.

Not sure they get by MIA in 2011 with Perk though.

I love Tatum and Brown - they seem pretty deep benchwise too

This Celtics team is super fun to watch. Losing Hayward 5 minutes into the season was a gut punch, but their combination of youth, athleticism, discipline and chemistry is about as entertaining and easy to root for as it gets.
Quickness?

Even though they are playing great right now, every time I watch the Celtics there's always a moment I wonder how much better they could have been with a healthy Hayward (C's would have won the east with ease IMO). On the other hand, reaching the finals will be an even greater accomplishment after that tragic injury.

This team doesn't need their PG to drop 40 to give them a chance to win....huge step forward over last year.
This PG doesn't get swallowed up when he drives to the hoop...huge step forward over last year.
Teams aren't posting up this PG at will....huge step forward over last year.
Celtics defenders don't need to abandon their posts in order to assist the statistically worst defender in the NBA ....huge step forward over last year.

It is no coincidence the Celtics are among the NBA leaders in team defense after purging the little one
It is no coincidence the Celtics are among the NBA leaders in rebounding after the purging of the little one , tweeners Crowder and Bradley, emaciated Amir, Soft Kelly, and those skinny pale guys.

My guy to watch: Semi Ojeleye.
Best 3 point stroke on the team. NBA physique. And his defense on the Greek Freak at the Mecca was special stuff. Stevens is giving Semi important minutes and he already is an early rotation guy. Huge upside IMO

Last edited:
Celtics are now 7-2 after a dramatic comeback in OKC... I also believe the Patriots were 6-2 when they faced the Broncos in 2014. Peyton led them to 6-1 at the time. Guess what? The game was NOT competitive. We smacked them good that time.

Celtics are now 7-2 after a dramatic comeback in OKC... I also believe the Patriots were 6-2 when they faced the Broncos in 2014. Peyton led them to 6-1 at the time. Guess what? The game was NOT competitive. We smacked them good that time.
That was a great comeback last night. They were really off in the first half. Especially the first quarter.

That was a Patriots type of comeback

the C should be in front of OKC = ChOKers

Hayward is sandbagging. Lets sync in April.

Kyrie was brutal on D the first 2 games of the year. Hes been much better on D these last few games
I'd describe it as "better than much better." His play on both offense and defense during this 7 game win streak has been terrific.

The East appears to be wide open. I think Cleveland still has to be the favorite but it will be interesting to see how well they are able to assimilate IT into their lineup and how quickly he returns to his old form. (if at all) Celtics really have a chance to make it to the Finals and their future looks extremely bright as both Brown and Tatum appear to be future all star caliber players.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Even though they are playing great right now, every time I watch the Celtics there's always a moment I wonder how much better they could have been with a healthy Hayward (C's would have won the east with ease IMO). On the other hand, reaching the finals will be an even greater accomplishment after that tragic injury.
It would not at all be a stretch to say the Celts would be in the finals with GSW if Hayward was healthy.

The East is wide open and honestly the Celts have a good chance of making it back to the ECF and probably putting up a better fight than last years team did.

It would not at all be a stretch to say the Celts would be in the finals with GSW if Hayward was healthy.

The East is wide open and honestly the Celts have a good chance of making it back to the ECF and probably putting up a better fight than last years team did.
They may make it anyway...

They may make it anyway...

• Agree
Reactions: ALP

The upside to Hayward's injury (that was hard to type) is the extra playing time for the youngsters. It'll pay off next year when Hayward's back and Smart's gone.

Hey, I used to be 6-0. :D

Now I'm 5-11... o_O

CheeryDisguisedBlackbear-max-1mb.gif

...WTF?!?!
full-bogie.jpg

"Look, it's six, two and even, see?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye