PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats 5th most winningest team in NFL history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the most wins of the original 8 AFL teams ( KC, OAk, Den, SD, Buf, NY, PAts and Hou)..........

Tom Brady....you have to admit he can cover up drafting/free agent mistakes because he is that good. We get rid of or give away our 1st and 2nd round picks lately.
Correct.

The presence of Tom Brady is the single difference in making the team elite.

Instead of taking credit for keeping the team here, providing stability and building the new stadium on his own dime, the Patriots' media guide, when describing Kraft, provides an endless list of on-field accomplishments attributable to Brady, NOT Kraft.

The Drew Bledsoe era: Regular season: 64-66 Post season: 3-4

...not even as impressive as the team's success in the 60's, 70's or 80's

Furthermore, two first-round draft picks stolen by the league in '07 and '15 along with other losses and penalties, with zero resistance from Kraft despite overwhelming evidence of nonculpability by the coach and the team.

I would say the 3rd or maybe 4th most talented Patriots team of all time was the '76' Pats. The tuck rule doesn't compare to the gift the refs handed Kenny Stabler and the Raiders in the divisional round. The Pats were the only team to beat Oakland that season and they crushed them. The winner of this game was going all the way. Horrendous call gave Oakland the game and the rest is history.
I rate the 1976 team 3rd best in history, behind '04 and '03.

07 team is the best Pats team of all time.
Oooops. Well, maybe if they'd called the holding on Seymour...

You've got a great case.

The presence of Randy Moss, the play of Randy Moss, the greatness of Randy Moss, elevated that team to - near - immortality.

There were some major coaching boo-boos in SB42, which left the door open for an upset.

They have to be included in a full evaluation of the team.

Hey, while we're on the subject, check out these all-time Pats teams:

Season......................Got their doors blown off:

2004___________at Pittsburgh
2003___________at Buffalo
1976____________at Detroit
2001____________at Miami
2014____________at Kansas City

This year, I hope the Buffalo thing qualifies...

God-awful dredges of the history of pro football?
Why, yes, according to the NFL for the last thirty years.

On a more fun note, remember my hero Steve Zabel successfully kicked an extra point in '76?

...Eat your heart out, Bill Belichick.

It will take 7 more seasons at or around 12-4 to get to .571 and take the number one spot from Chicago. Potentially less if Chicago turns in some more bad seasons and Dallas stays around where they are. Hopefully Bill has this one in his sights.

It will take 7 more seasons at or around 12-4 to get to .571 and take the number one spot from Chicago. Potentially less if Chicago turns in some more bad seasons and Dallas stays around where they are. Hopefully Bill has this one in his sights.
its a possibility since Brady has 9 more years left

I'll go out on a ledge and say Brady has n years left, where n is a positive number. :p
n=py(2)/nfl>moron*x(H+E)/4%{O}

p=personnel
y=years
x=C.B.A.
H=health
E=energy
O=officiating
*=Kraft bending over for league

Enthusiasm and Patriots are constants.

So obviously, the answer is eight.

Browns are 16th!?
th
Is that too high or too low?

Does the author of this thread know we lost last Sunday, the sky has fallen and BB has early onset dementia..

Where are the mods when you need them???..

Oooops. Well, maybe if they'd called the holding on Seymour...

You've got a great case.

The presence of Randy Moss, the play of Randy Moss, the greatness of Randy Moss, elevated that team to - near - immortality.

There were some major coaching boo-boos in SB42, which left the door open for an upset.

They have to be included in a full evaluation of the team.

Hey, while we're on the subject, check out these all-time Pats teams:

Season......................Got their doors blown off:

2004___________at Pittsburgh
2003___________at Buffalo
1976____________at Detroit
2001____________at Miami
2014____________at Kansas City

This year, I hope the Buffalo thing qualifies...
The thing is if we are going to include the 76 team in this discussion, (higher than 2001 team, etc) which I do, and think they were awesome... the 2007 team, 18-1, 16-0, easily is way better than the 76 team.. and likely really is the best single season football team of all time, championship loss or not. The 72 Dolphins have it officially, but the 2007 team is a far superior team to any team of the past.. and likely is better than 03 and 04 Pats which in my opinion are the 07 team's only competition for greatest Pats team of all time.

I would say the 3rd or maybe 4th most talented Patriots team of all time was the '76' Pats. The tuck rule doesn't compare to the gift the refs handed Kenny Stabler and the Raiders in the divisional round. The Pats were the only team to beat Oakland that season and they crushed them. The winner of this game was going all the way. Horrendous call gave Oakland the game and the rest is history.

To take it a step further, before the Pats got Dreithed in the 4 o'clock game that day against Oakland, the Steelers won but lost both Rocky Blier and Franco Harris to injury and were toothless for the AFCCG. Oakland then cruised to an easy SB win over Minny.

Does the author of this thread know we lost last Sunday, the sky has fallen and BB has early onset dementia..

Where are the mods when you need them???..
you have 53,000 posts?!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST