PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots working on a contract with Jimmy G?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Dale Arnold. BB is 68 and doesn’t have time to develop a rookie. If the Patriots are to trade up, I think it will be for Jalen Waddle. BB likes drafting 4 down players.

Leading up to the draft:
Patriots talking to ATL about #4
Patriots all in on Justin Fields
Trey Lance is already talking like a Patriot
Patriots in talks with Car to move up.
Patriots more likely to trade down than up
Patriots want more picks between rds 2-3
McDaniels is texting with Mond.
Patriots doing a TON of research on Trask
Patriots working on contract to trade for Jimmy
Nothing is happening with Jimmy
——————————————————————
What’s really going to happen:
With pick #15 Patriots select OT __________
Orrrrrr.....New England Patriots have traded down.

Ian & Mods. Get those Red Bull’s ready. This place is gonna be a ****ing mess!!!

Dale hasn’t broken any stories. It is not to judge or condemn the guy but he hasn’t. If the Patriots wanted Jimmy G, he would be here.

I get the sense the Patriots are shying away from Jimmy G because they want to look desperate, like they need him in order to win. Look we let Brady leave and we have to go and get the guy we traded away in order to win. It makes the Patriots look incompetent. The Jimmy G talk is media and fans driven, at least by some.

Leading up to the draft:
Patriots talking to ATL about #4
Patriots all in on Justin Fields
Trey Lance is already talking like a Patriot
Patriots in talks with Car to move up.
Patriots more likely to trade down than up
Patriots want more picks between rds 2-3
McDaniels is texting with Mond.
Patriots doing a TON of research on Trask
Patriots working on contract to trade for Jimmy
Nothing is happening with Jimmy
——————————————————————
What’s really going to happen:
With pick #15 Patriots select OT __________
Orrrrrr.....New England Patriots have traded down.

Ian & Mods. Get those Red Bull’s ready. This place is gonna be a ****ing mess!!!
Or...

1. trade for Jimmy G (2021 4th, conditional 3rd in 2022).

2. shock the league, trade up to 4 and take Pitts.

1619661348974.gif

Yeah, winning a ring is hard is an excuse... it’s actually really easy, you should be the GM. You’re really good at telling us who to draft years later.

Which player did I say they should have drafted years later?

Which player did I say they should have drafted years later?
Isn’t second guessing, armchair GM work and dropping a turd in the punch bowl your schlick?

When have I made excuses?

Last edited:
This would be a stupid move, IMO.

You get JimmyG for 1 year. What good is that?

"The injury-plagued 29-year-old quarterback is slated to count $26.38 million against the cap in 2021. New England would be on the hook for nearly $25 million of that. It is currently a mere $20.59 million under the cap after a surprisingly aggressive NFL free agency period. In agreeing to a restructure, Garoppolo would also likely demand that he’s able to hit the open market next March. That’s what happened with Bridgewater."
With everything stated here....that’s a hard pass!!!

Ugh...not a good move BB
Why not? If they can work out a contract I’d love to bring him back. Jimmy has had bad luck with the injuries but if he can play some full seasons he is much more than serviceable. He is a good QB and would be a mighty upgrade from the Cam disaster.

With a deep roster, we can compete. If we can get him, draft a legit stud receiver at #15 and continue shoring up the defense I think we’ll be sitting pretty.

I am sure bb can figure out how to make the money work.

but can bb sell the locker room on jimmy and lots of wins (if by some miracle he stays healthy) when the locker room appears hyped for newton and lots of losses (but having a good time in the locker room even when losing)?

So let me get this straight. Garoppolo and the Patriots are definitely currently negotiating a new contract to get a trade deal done with the 49ers. But the road block is that there are actually no negotiations going on. Did I get this correct?

So let me get this straight. Garoppolo and the Patriots are definitely currently negotiating a new contract to get a trade deal done with the 49ers. But the road block is that there are actually no negotiations going on. Did I get this correct?

kraft is fueling up the jet as we speak.

But he is planning a short pit stop on the way back from Sam Fran in Jupiter Florida to show jimmy all kraft’s new friends.

ps: Kraft asks that no one tells the cops beforehand that they are stopping by! Last time that happened, it did not go so well!

Isn’t second guessing, armchair GM work and dropping a turd in the punch bowl your schlick?

When have I made excuses?

Oh, I see. So you just made that up that I second guess draft picks and then when called out, change the meaning of second guessing draft picks to include non-draft criticism too. The hits just keep on coming from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back