PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots will win Sunday vs Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they lost to the Chiefs and Panthers because you failed to post.... got it.

tumblr_ntd83b3t4b1tv58oxo1_400.gif
Geez have a freaking sense of humor.

Hate to tell everyone, but Sunday's as sure a loss as there'll be...

I am taking my 12 year old son to the game, and thus far he and I have a 1-11 record going to games. The only win was a Revs game several years ago. When I go with a buddy or my wife and daughter as well, things are fine. It's just my son and I are some sort of kryptonite to our teams winning.

We are 0-4 Red Sox, 0-3 Celtics, 1-2 Revs, 0-1 Bruins, and 0-1 Patriots (Philadelphia game, 2015 - and I came on this board and apologized for the loss ahead of time).

Went to the Atlanta game with a friend btw...

So I apologize for Sunday:(:(:(

BTW, I would never take him to a playoff game

I'm betting big on the Chargers! Ive bankrupted myself several times over due to horrible gambling decisions.

You're welcome.

Regards,
Chris

Hate to tell everyone, but Sunday's as sure a loss as there'll be...

I am taking my 12 year old son to the game, and thus far he and I have a 1-11 record going to games. The only win was a Revs game several years ago. When I go with a buddy or my wife and daughter as well, things are fine. It's just my son and I are some sort of kryptonite to our teams winning.

We are 0-4 Red Sox, 0-3 Celtics, 1-2 Revs, 0-1 Bruins, and 0-1 Patriots (Philadelphia game, 2015 - and I came on this board and apologized for the loss ahead of time).

Went to the Atlanta game with a friend btw...

So I apologize for Sunday:(:(:(

BTW, I would never take him to a playoff game

Your son just needs to realize the problems he's causing the team and volunteer not to go. ;)

My boss turned down box seats to game 7 of the ALCS last Saturday because the Astros lose every time he goes. That's a team player right there.

On the contrary. THey did what they do in that game it scored 23 and allowed 7.
If they were the bengals that wouldn’t have happened.

You're talking utter nonsense. Again

THEY are what they are.
THEY are not what they were 2 years ago.
THEY, being what they are today, did what they did.
THEY, being 'IT'S WHAT THEY DO', had nothing to do with it, just as THEY, being "IT'S WHAT THEY DO", had nothing to do with them losing to the Chiefs and Panthers.

THEY are what they are.
THEY, being 'IT'S WHAT THEY DO', had nothing to do with it, just as THEY, being "IT'S WHAT THEY DO", had nothing to do with them losing to the Chiefs and Panthers.
“It’s what they do” will be relevant to the current situation until they don’t do that anymore. :D

“It’s what they do” will be relevant to the current situation until they don’t do that anymore. :D

"IT'S WHAT THEY DO" is fine for some things. "That fullback is going to lead with his head, because it's what he does" might be an astute observation about a particular player. However, the Patriots have never gone 19-0, so losing games during the year is also "IT'S WHAT THEY DO", which means that Andy's version of "IT'S WHAT THEY DO" is asinine: What the Patriots do is win more games than they lose, but lose games.

"IT'S WHAT THEY DO" is fine for some things. "That fullback is going to lead with his head, because it's what he does" might be an astute observation about a particular player. However, the Patriots have never gone 19-0, so losing games during the year is also "IT'S WHAT THEY DO", which means that Andy's version of "IT'S WHAT THEY DO" is asinine: What the Patriots do is win more games than they lose, but lose games.
I get the optimism, but I agree that it’s a terribly simplistic and more importantly, faulty line of reasoning. Each individual game presents its own challenges due to variables such as player matchups, injuries, travel, etc.

I like the Pats this week because I think they are better in some areas and that west coast teams have some issues traveling 3 time zones away.

THEY are what they are.
I’m sorry if you have missed the last 17 years and don’t realize there is an organization, an approach, a philosophy, a set of schemes and the goat coach and goat qb that are the reasons they achieve what they do consistently. It’s a shame you wasted 17 years trying to be cool by thinking you can humiliate anonymous posters on a message board and you missed all the fun.
Now I’ll sit back and watch your response which no doubt will be to try to look cool insult me in front of anonymous people on a message board. It’s almost time to double down and put the act of superiority among the anonymous and really show me by putting me on ignore.

Last edited by a moderator:

THEY are what they are.

Could have saved yourself a lot of typing by just quoting DeNiro from the Deer Hunter: "see this? This is this. This ain't something else. This is this". :)

I predict the Patriots will either win or lose this game. In fact, I will go so far as to say if they do not: mods, please ban me.

Not only will the Pat win. The Bills will lose and leave the Pats well in command of 1st in the AFCE going into the bye. Oakland is about to make waves and get back in the running of things I think. That KC win for them was a season changer. They have had a lot time to get ready for this game and will beat the Bills.

Also I will predict one of the Pitt or KC loses.

Pitt @ Detroit - Sunday night
Denver @ KC - Monday night

should be a great week for the Patriots.

I'm totally loaded, wish me luck.

Not only will the Pat win. The Bills will lose and leave the Pats well in command of 1st in the AFCE going into the bye. Oakland is about to make waves and get back in the running of things I think. That KC win for them was a season changer. They have had a lot time to get ready for this game and will beat the Bills.

Also I will predict one of the Pitt or KC loses.

Pitt @ Detroit - Sunday night
Denver @ KC - Monday night

should be a great week for the Patriots.
Would love to see Pittsburgh lose, but their #1 pass defense is going up against a gimpy Matthew Stafford and the Lions are missing their top receiver in Golden Tate. Not really seeing it this week. Like I’ve said since day one, they play a fairly easy schedule, so I just can’t see more than 5 losses. Hopefully, one of them is to us on 12/17. :)

Would love to see Pittsburgh lose, but their #1 pass defense is going up against a gimpy Matthew Stafford and the Lions are missing their top receiver in Golden Tate. Not really seeing it this week. Like I’ve said since day one, they play a fairly easy schedule, so I just can’t see more than 5 losses. Hopefully, one of them is to us on 12/17. :)

The Steelers are putting up some solid stats in several areas. Nobody is passing against them with any notable success. Maybe/could their Run d is their wildcard. But...
Stafford's gimpy arm + Detroit's overall poor rushing offense + Detroit's generally mediocre D = a Pitt win. Obviously anything is possible but from a stat POV this one leans heavily toward the Steelers in just about every category.

Boy are you spot on about Pitt's schedule. Except for the Patriots not much (I'll buy into the Texans if they can keep doing what they are doing for a longer sample).

From the current 3 top team schedule view(Pitt, KC, Patriots): I'm saying the Patriots have the toughest schedule though KC's is not far behind. Urgh, given we lost to KC and the Steelers very favorable schedule, arguably the Patriots margin for earning a Bye might be tight (I'm in that camp that getting the Bye, seed 1 or 2, is what's critical).
It makes our upcoming 3 game Chargers-Broncos-Raiders schedule look extra seriously important. I have faith that our AFCE centric schedule after these 3 games will be aided by the eventual revealing of suckitude by our AFCE comrades. So need these upcoming 3 or minimum 2 of 3.

(fine print: what seems easy now can change, and who makes it into the top tier list of teams can change too)

From my big comfy couch have noticed that the Pats play best against the better competition in the league, and less so when they play the lower echelon...

Weather could be an issue, dependent on what weather report you believe, and if so that would only support the contention this thread posted by Andy Johnson.. Do not think the Chargers are used to wet and windy football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes