PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 'west' passing camp video

Great that these guys are out there working hard and getting ready. What I didn't like was Stidham's lack of eye placement. I've never played QB, but I would think he would want to take every opportunity to work on eye placement, looking off linebackers, only going back to his intended target once he was ready to throw. Stared them down the whole time.

Great that these guys are out there working hard and getting ready. What I didn't like was Stidham's lack of eye placement. I've never played QB, but I would think he would want to take every opportunity to work on eye placement, looking off linebackers, only going back to his intended target once he was ready to throw. Stared them down the whole time.
you deduced that from an 8 min video that mostly focused on the receivers ? you're def better at watching film than i am.

That got me pumped. Stidham is not to be dismissed, he's got the arm and the charisma/intangibles, he could be be our starter. Bourne looks very quick, plus you can see him as a leader among that group too. LaCosse could make the team.

I should have seen this is sarcasm when you wrote that Stidham has charisma. But it took me until the absolutely hilarious LaCosse could make the team to catch up.

That got me pumped. Stidham is not to be dismissed, he's got the arm and the charisma/intangibles, he could be be our starter. Bourne looks very quick, plus you can see him as a leader among that group too. LaCosse could make the team.
LaCosse is only making the team if someone is injured..

On Lacosse, I saw something very different. In drills that required quick feet, he was noticeably more deliberate in his motions. It looked like he made full stops at every cone, where other players were much quicker out of those breaks. But that kind of observation is useless, as evidenced by the hypocrisy of my next quote below ;)

I think you have to take everything you see in these videos with a grain of salt. This looked much more like a prep sessions so the new guys would have an idea what to expect in camp and hit the ground running, as well as just getting to know each other and working on some basic timing on common routes.

Promotional videos of players working out without pads and no defenders does literally nothing for me.
Its not a "promotional" video. It's showing them getting to know one another. Working together. Developing the relationship between QB and Receiver that has been talked about in regards to BRADY and his receivers on numerous occasions. I can remember how everyone got stoked to hear about Brady and the receivers working out together.

K Bourne has incredibly quick feet compared to all the others. I wonder if he played some soccer. Very sudden movements.
I was getting ready to post the same thing. Very quick twitch

you deduced that from an 8 min video that mostly focused on the receivers ? you're def better at watching film than i am.

I deduced that from the limited time spent on Stidham, which btw was a huge issue when he has been on the field during games. But the short answer is yes, I am better than you.

On Lacosse, I saw something very different. In drills that required quick feet, he was noticeably more deliberate in his motions. It looked like he made full stops at every cone, where other players were much quicker out of those breaks. But that kind of observation is useless, as evidenced by the hypocrisy of my next quote below ;)

I think you have to take everything you see in these videos with a grain of salt. This looked much more like a prep sessions so the new guys would have an idea what to expect in camp and hit the ground running, as well as just getting to know each other and working on some basic timing on common routes.

Probably, just has been an issue for him the past, would have liked to see some of it in practice.

Tbh I think Bill likes Stidham's ability but doubts his maturity and leadership. He's doing all the right things here... I'm not expecting anything out of him at this point, but it'd be pretty nice if the answer at QB was already in the building.

Still need to draft one, though.

Last edited:
Its not a "promotional" video. It's showing them getting to know one another. Working together. Developing the relationship between QB and Receiver that has been talked about in regards to BRADY and his receivers on numerous occasions. I can remember how everyone got stoked to hear about Brady and the receivers working out together.
Thing about that, when it was Brady it seemed it was TB and a few of his binkies. This looks like almost the entire receiving corps is there. Great team building exercise. A bunch of true professionals, they know what to do, and could probably prepare for a middle of the pack season without any coaches involved. Bodes well for the foundation that will be in place for training camp.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back