PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Wednesday 11/29/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.

2023 REGULAR SEASONNEW ENGLANDLOS ANGELES
Record2-94-7
Divisional Standings4th4th
Total Yards Gained3,2283,822
Total Offense (Rank)293.5 (25)347.5 (11)
Rush Offense99.6 (23)103.9 (20)
Pass Offense193.8 (23)243.5 (10)
Points Per Game13.5 (31)24.5 (8T)
Total Yards Allowed3,4854,297
Total Defense (Rank)316.8 (8)390.6 (32)
Rush Defense94.1 (7)110.6 (14)
Pass Defense222.7 (16)280.0 (32)
Points Allowed/Game22.5 (21)23.5 (24T)
Possession Avg.27:5528:22
Sacks Allowed/Yards Lost25/14625/196
Sacks Made/Yards24/15336/260
Total Touchdowns Scored1631
Penalties Against/Yards65/47857/548
Punts/Avg.56/47.844/44.8
Turnover Differential-8 (30T)+3 (11)
Field Goals Made / Att.12/1817/18

Mentioned this in the other thread. If Bill does go to the Chargers after the season and the standings hold then the Chargers are visiting Foxboro next season.

Which means BB vs Pats. Patriots Legend vs Pats II. Won't be as compelling a storyline as Brady vs Pats was but it will be fun.

Mentioned this in the other thread. If Bill does go to the Chargers after the season and the standings hold then the Chargers are visiting Foxboro next season.

Which means BB vs Pats. Patriots Legend vs Pats II. Won't be as compelling a storyline as Brady vs Pats was but it will be fun.
Could the Bears be a possibility with their Draft capital?? Also Buffalo I am sure BB loves Allen he ballwashed him after that no punt playoffs game.

Could the Bears be a possibility with their Draft capital?? Also Buffalo I am sure BB loves Allen he ballwashed him after that no punt playoffs game.
I could kinda see the Bears. They likely end up with the #1 overall pick and the #4 or #5 pick, tons of cap space the next several years, and the bones of that team aren't awful. Plus their division isn't too tough - the Lions are good now but only for a short time, and the Vikings had a flash in the pan last year that may have been a mirage, and the Packers just aren't good. The NFC itself also just isn't as good as the AFC. Chicago is also a storied franchise with tons of history and one place he might get GM powers and be allowed to take a slower approach since the Bears have obviously been bad for a while. Plus aren't they angling for a new stadium?

I could kinda see the Bears. They likely end up with the #1 overall pick, tons of cap space the next several years, and the bones of that team aren't awful. Plus their division isn't too tough - the Lions are good now but only for a short time, and the Vikings had a flash in the pan last year that may have been a mirage, and the Packers just aren't good. The NFC itself also just isn't as good as the AFC. Chicago is also a storied franchise with tons of history and one place he might get GM powers and be allowed to take a slower approach since the Bears have obviously been bad for a while. Plus aren't they angling for a new stadium?
Just looking at the NFL as whole I don't see a lot of changing of the guards. You have your usual suspects like Tampa Bay as mentioned Chicago that said the Chargers should be tempting for BB he would have a very good QB again: SD needs someone to fix their Defense. The Stars couldn't be more aligned.

Of course he's playing that game again.

The Chargers must be so scared at the prospect of facing McCorkle or zappy smurf.

For real! If were gonna suck Is it too much to ask for us to just lose conventionally and not draw further attention to this silly ****.

Thankfully most of my friends who are anti pats have actually seemed to get tired of basking in our downfall after a few weeks into this season (knock on wood, I’ll probably get a few more texts soon enough).

For real! If were gonna suck Is it too much to ask for us to just lose conventionally and not draw further attention to this silly ****.

Thankfully most of my friends who are anti pats have actually seemed to get tired of basking in our downfall after a few weeks into this season (knock on wood, I’ll probably get a few more texts soon enough).
Yeah it's ridiculous. The team knows who Zappe and Jones are and what they can do, there's no need to lie and pretend there's some competition going on. It's also not like the Chargers aren't going to be ready for both guys. They know what's happening here.

Lol yeah same here I know what you mean!

These are the actions of a guy who is daring to be fired.
I would hate to see a Black Monday come early for the Pats. That would mean it will be a very bitter divorce and BB seems like a guy who holds a grudge.

Yeah it's ridiculous. The team knows who Zappe and Jones are and what they can do, there's no need to lie and pretend there's some competition going on. It's also not like the Chargers aren't going to be ready for both guys. They know what's happening here.

Lol yeah same here I know what you mean!
I am sure the Chargers know if they score 14 game over: you're playing a Team that scored 13 points in Two games. :rolleyes:

These are the actions of a guy who is daring to be fired.
I'm not sure I see that. Trading for a player and giving up a draft pick is a guy daring to be fired. Or cutting a player, if they're talented enough. Not naming a starter shouldn't move the firing needle as it doesn't impact anything for next year.

So now you're admitting that you wasted a Fourth Rounder on a egregious Trade-up on day 3 last Draft that a lot of us hated now you try out Five Kickers unreal. The proof is right there BB have completely Lost it! :mad:
@State I know you were more pissed than me after that Terrible move.

Has Belichick lost the team? Will the defense start slipping in response to our anemic offense? What’s the mental makeup of Chad Wideleft? Can Tyquan run a 9 route one of these games to use that 4.28 speed? Has Belichick opted to have Zappe take first team snaps? Or is he counterproductively platooning them?

Has he finally realized that Corky Mac is broken? BROKEN!

So now you're admitting that you wasted a Fourth Rounder on a egregious Trade-up on day 3 last Draft that a lot of us hated now you try out Five Kickers unreal. The proof is right there BB have completely Lost it! :mad:
When prior rookie kickers that became all time greats here missed several kicks, do we know if they brought it competition? Anyone who thinks the book is written on rookie kickers 10 games into their first year is mistaken. Gost never cracked above 90% until his 8th year in the league, then he kicked above that in 4 of his next 5.

Nick Folk, seasons 3 thru 6:

18 of 28, 64%
then 76%, 76%, 77%.
It was only after his 7th season that he became a dependable kicker.

Ryalnd kicks the ball true, he has the makings of an excellent kicker, with plenty of leg. He's going thru typical rookie stuff for the position.

Has Belichick lost the team? Will the defense start slipping in response to our anemic offense? What’s the mental makeup of Chad Wideleft? Can Tyquan run a 9 route one of these games to use that 4.28 speed? Has Belichick opted to have Zappe take first team snaps? Or is he counterproductively platooning them?

Has he finally realized that Corky Mac is broken? BROKEN!
I don't understand the Tyquan question. He's not going to use his 4.28 speed on a 9 yard route. Why is Tyquan being asked to run screen routes and short outs? Clearly that's not his game.

Maybe send him on a different route?

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back