PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots UDFA signings

Yeah there are not any clips of him backpedaling, should probably watch a game or two before I start making predictions off highlights. Jennings was used in a few different roles at Bama, Mitchell looks like he was a DE

I should have said "explosive", not "fast", which we can see as a DL player's "burst". IMO Mitchell does not look like he has much burst or explosion (I said fast). At the NFL level I think Mitchell will anchor the end as was noted, but, for example, will look very slow as Josh Allen very easily runs away from him.

I should have said "explosive", not "fast", which we can see as a DL player's "burst". IMO Mitchell does not look like he has much burst or explosion (I said fast). At the NFL level I think Mitchell will anchor the end as was noted, but, for example, will look very slow as Josh Allen very easily runs away from him.
Allen is going to run away from every first level defender. The problem last season was our 2nd level defenders couldn’t catch him either. That’s why the emphasis on improving the speed and range of the linebackers or 2nd level defenders overall has been a off-season goal as Mayo said it would in his pre-Super Bowl media appearances.

Allen is going to run away from every first level defender. The problem last season was our 2nd level defenders couldn’t catch him either. That’s why the emphasis on improving the speed and range of the linebackers or 2nd level defenders overall has been a off-season goal as Mayo said it would in his pre-Super Bowl media appearances.

Agreed. I used Allen as an example, probably a poor choice. My point was that Mitchell does not look explosive enough to me.

Patriots always have 1-2 UDFAs that make the team each year and usually these guys contribute when they do so. It's exciting to welcome new UDFAs to the team but your guess is as good as mine who the lucky 1-2 guys will be that actually stick to the 53 or at least make the practice squad.
who contributed from 2021

Patriots always have 1-2 UDFAs that make the team each year and usually these guys contribute when they do so. It's exciting to welcome new UDFAs to the team but your guess is as good as mine who the lucky 1-2 guys will be that actually stick to the 53 or at least make the practice squad.
I would guess they are the players that help the most on STs.

As I mentioned before, a lot of us thought Austin Carr deserved a spot based on his WR play, but with Amendola and Edelman on the team, his lack of ST play led to his getting cut instead.

Rookie Minicamp invite. Longest of the longshots. Montana Tech. Lol.

That name is pretty badass though...

Kody Russey has 60 starts in his collegiate career, 46 at Louisiana Tech and 14 at Houston.

He’s our backup center.

After his playing career he wants to coach offensive line.

In an interview while LaTech he said he and his two roommates go through 125 eggs a week. He says his favorite style is sunny side up.

That’s fighting words to those of us of the over easy proclivity.
Why would anyone care how someone else liked their eggs?

Rookie Minicamp invite. Longest of the longshots. Montana Tech. Lol.

I can’t find a single draft prospect blurb about him. He tested well athletically at the Montana State Pro day and they probably just said “What the hell, give him an invite to rookie minicamp. We need more warm bodies.”

Yeah it's a little bonus at the end to think "which one"

So Hafford the free agent CB puts up 24 bench presses and our seventh round OT puts up a paltry 17.

Okay, then.
This is looking bad for us during the part of the game where the CB's have to throw telephone polls. Wait I was thinking of the Scottish games. Relax dude.

But yeah now I do want to see the free agent CB clock somebody

DT LaBryan Ray is going to have a Seymour impact for us. His injuries have been fluky.

I'm calling it now - the UDFA to make the team this year is EDGE DeMarcus Mitchell.
Started watching some tape. He has the patience and toughness to be a better all around edge guy than Winovich or Uche. He seems stronger than both of them, and good pursuit angles and solid tackler. He's not as "athletic" as Uche - but what has that done for him? Mitchell looks like he can set the edge and has a nose for the ball and instincts reminiscent of Bruschi. I think he could displace Uche & Jennings as a OLB/DE depending on scheme alignment.

Ian wrote a good article on him. He’s pretty damn athletic. He's already big, strong and fast.

Here’s an interview with him. I like this guy. He could fit in here.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back