PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots UDFA signings

Another signing. CB. WAC defensive POY.

The info from Dan Brugler had Hafford at 5'9 6/8, not 5'11.

Some more info on Hafford:

40 - 4.55
20 - 2.64
10 - 1.52
Bench - 24 Reps
Vertical - 38 inches
Broad - 10'5
Shuttle - 4.15
3 Cone - 7.00

Note: His Teammate, Benjie Franklin, who ran a 4.31 and had a 10'5 Broad, a 4.33 Shuttle, and a 6.81 3 cone, only put up 2 reps of 225. In case someone was wondering why the Pats didn't sign HIM.

40 - 4.55
20 - 2.64
10 - 1.52
Bench - 24 Reps
Vertical - 38 inches
Broad - 10'5
Shuttle - 4.15
3 Cone - 7.00

Note: His Teammate, Benjie Franklin, who ran a 4.31 and had a 10'5 Broad, a 4.33 Shuttle, and a 6.81 3 cone, only put up 2 reps of 225. In case someone was wondering why the Pats didn't sign HIM.
2 reps. Lol. i’ve never seen that before.

On the other hand, Hafford’s 24 reps is very impressive for a CB. Based upon his highlight video, the kid does not shy away from contact.

Unknown CB from Tarleton State? 86% chance that he makes 53 out if camp. ;) (I’m only half kidding)

Last edited:

40 - 4.55
20 - 2.64
10 - 1.52
Bench - 24 Reps
Vertical - 38 inches
Broad - 10'5
Shuttle - 4.15
3 Cone - 7.00

Plays like a CB version of Rodney Harrison: uber physical yet also a ballhawk. A lot faster and a lot smaller than Rodney though. Loved the physicality, maybe he'll end up as a safety.

This is going to be a fun preseason watching all these non-traditional guys with exceptional attributes sort out.

I would just like to take this moment to salute whoever manages the Pats Picker, because I check in this morning to read they've signed UDFA Hafford, and he's already listed there to move around. Cheers to that dedication!

Hafford will have plenty of guys to learn from as far as being an UDFA DB to make the Patriots team. With Butler and Jon Jones around. Myles Bryant as well.

2 reps. Lol. i’ve never seen that before.

On the other hand, Hafford’s 24 reps is very impressive for a CB. Based upon his highlight video, the kid does not shy away from contact.

Unknown CB from Tarleton State? 86% chance that he makes 53 out if camp. ;) (I’m only half kidding)

2 reps is below most kickers lol

The Foxborough flu *coughs* *coughs* is going to be contagious like covid19 this year can't keep everybody.

I wonder if Schooler gets the Gunner treatment. Though Schooler flip flopped between WR & DB at both Oregon & Texas, I wonder if Belichick makes him strictly a WR for the Pats this training camp/ preseason. And I’m pretty sure the CB Marcus Jones will get some snaps at WR as well. Could be one of the reasons they didn’t double dip at WR in the draft or in UDFA (I wish they did). Not saying Schooler makes the team, but hardly anyone expected Gunner to make the team, especially as a WR. Especially since he was a full time defender in college.
During the draft, when they mentioned he’d had some plays as a WR, I wondered if Marcus Jones might be our next Squirrel. Given his speed getting the ball in his hands coming out of the slot seems likely to be fun to watch.

During the draft, when they mentioned he’d had some plays as a WR, I wondered if Marcus Jones might be our next Squirrel. Given his speed getting the ball in his hands coming out of the slot seems likely to be fun to watch.
Maybe eventually. But the need is CB and returner, which is plenty on his plate. Very exciting player. Would not surprise me if he sees a of snaps at CB.

Awesome! Love his attitude on the field. Gotta say though, between him and Panda Jones, I really do not like the number 0 on a football jersey. It’s definitely not sexy.

I'm calling it now - the UDFA to make the team this year is EDGE DeMarcus Mitchell.
Started watching some tape. He has the patience and toughness to be a better all around edge guy than Winovich or Uche. He seems stronger than both of them, and good pursuit angles and solid tackler. He's not as "athletic" as Uche - but what has that done for him? Mitchell looks like he can set the edge and has a nose for the ball and instincts reminiscent of Bruschi. I think he could displace Uche & Jennings as a OLB/DE depending on scheme alignment.

Mitchell is the first front 7 UDFA I've watched since Adam Butler who looked like he could make the team on my first watch. He is strong and looks like a guy who does his job. Looks more capable than Jennings to me.

Mitchell is the first front 7 UDFA I've watched since Adam Butler who looked like he could make the team on my first watch. He is strong and looks like a guy who does his job. Looks more capable than Jennings to me.

Agree with all that, but he does look slow to me. Very slow.

I'm sorry Benjie Franklin is a made up name

D'Eriq King for the win - fills a need at the WTF position and at the apostrophe position. Do not f** with him he will cut you but with a swiss army knife.

Patriots always have 1-2 UDFAs that make the team each year and usually these guys contribute when they do so. It's exciting to welcome new UDFAs to the team but your guess is as good as mine who the lucky 1-2 guys will be that actually stick to the 53 or at least make the practice squad.

Agree with all that, but he does look slow to me. Very slow.
Yeah there are not any clips of him backpedaling, should probably watch a game or two before I start making predictions off highlights. Jennings was used in a few different roles at Bama, Mitchell looks like he was a DE

The Foxborough flu *coughs* *coughs* is going to be contagious like covid19 this year can't keep everybody.

AKA "Redshirtin"....

The Patriots do a great job with UDFAs. It helps to compensate for their drafting.

So Hafford the free agent CB puts up 24 bench presses and our seventh round OT puts up a paltry 17.

Okay, then.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back