PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp - Wednesday August 3rd

Another pads day I assume? If so, would be great to see the offense win a day. I get why the install would be a few steps behind at this point, but a good day for Mac and the offense would quell a few heebies for me.

The New England Patriots are encouraged by rookie wide receiver Tyquan Thornton’s progress so far in training camp. The speedy but slight wideout was a standout during Tuesday’s session, only the Patriots’ second practice in pads. Thornton is 6-foot-2 and 182 pounds but has speed to burn, so it’s good to see him shining despite the fact that contact is now allowed in practice.

The pats should consider moving Agholor if Thornton continues to improve. It doesn’t make sense having a rookie WR who can play as WR5 nor having a WR4/WR5 with a 15 million cap hit.

The New England Patriots are encouraged by rookie wide receiver Tyquan Thornton’s progress so far in training camp. The speedy but slight wideout was a standout during Tuesday’s session, only the Patriots’ second practice in pads. Thornton is 6-foot-2 and 182 pounds but has speed to burn, so it’s good to see him shining despite the fact that contact is now allowed in practice.

The pats should consider moving Agholor if Thornton continues to improve. It doesn’t make sense having a rookie WR who can play as WR5 nor having a WR4/WR5 with a 15 million cap hit.

I disagree, patriots need injury insurance and having both on the roster provides more flexibility.

Looking specifically to see if the offense rebounds today

I disagree, patriots need injury insurance and having both on the roster provides more flexibility.

I agree, which is why I like seeing Thornton working with the ST as a gunner as well. It's a potential path to keep him engaged and on the gameday roster without having to fully commit to a huge snap rate too early. Basically, use him on ST and for specific routes early in the season, then when the inevitable injuries come in mid-season, hopefully his game has rounded a bit and he slides right in. Of course, if he wants to hit the ground running and start right away, I'm not going to complain about that either ;)

Nice to see Wise back on the field. With him out, Henry Anderson has been having a good camp, so that could potentially be a good positional battle going forward.

Also, hope there is no injury involved with Malcom Butler and he's just getting a day off.

Last edited:
Agree. Parker has durability concerns

First I’ve heard of Butler being injured. Ugh. Hopefully he can heal up quickly. Assuming it’s an injury anyway, given that he’s on the rehab field.

First I’ve heard of Butler being injured. Ugh. Hopefully he can heal up quickly.

Could be a sneaky "vet day" too. If he's even got a little ding, it makes no sense to push him through it. Let's see how the kids do and let him rest. His hurdles to playing this year should be all physical.

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back