PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Monday August 8th

Historically bad ... during training camp in the second week of August? What does that mean in this context?

The practice, the repetitions, the work, are all extremely meaningful to the players/team and will affect how good they ultimately become ... but our perception of how good they are is meaningless (especially at this point in time).

I won't deny that the offense hasn't been performing well in TC (I haven't personally witnessed it, but I'll take everyone's word for it). But I know the offense struggling right now during TC doesn't have any meaningful consequences at this point in time, and I don't believe that them struggling now guarantees they'll still be struggling in September, October, November, etc (sometimes adversity/struggle is necessary to improve and I'd rather the growing pains happen now than when the games count).

Stop with this nonsense. "At this point in time" is where we are. "As this point in time" is what the discussion is about (it's a daily camp thread, for crying out loud). "At this point in time" the offense has been hot garbage. "At this point in time" the offense is concerning.

If you're such a honk that you can't accept that, despite reporters universally noting that, and despite multiple people who've attended practices saying the same things, and despite Andrews holding an offense only meeting yesterday, that's a you problem.

Stop with this nonsense. "At this point in time" is where we are. "As this point in time" is what the discussion is about (it's a daily camp thread, for crying out loud). "At this point in time" the offense has been hot garbage. "At this point in time" the offense is concerning.

If you're such a honk that you can't accept that, despite reporters universally noting that, and despite multiple people who've attended practices saying the same things, and despite Andrews holding an offense only meeting yesterday, that's a you problem.

You’re still alive?

Last edited:
That is telling if Bourne and Agholor can't separate from Journey man CB's I am sure T Thornton can. Maybe our Offensive problems lie with our WR's where is Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith?? You're telling me our LB's and Safeties are blanketing them?? We want our money back! :headscratch:
Imagine a person being so dumb that he writes that Bourne can’t separate, after watching him consistently separate in 2021, based upon early training camp practices that he hasn’t watched.

Where do you get that Uche isn't meeting expectations?
Where do you get that Onwenu isn't meeting expectations?
I believe Lazar (and possibly others) had talked about Onwenu not appearing to fit as well in the scheme being implemented and about his spot at RG not necessarily being secure.

Uche I’m pretty sure I read about him not really popping so far and jennings looking to have the advantage in their competition. Don’t recall exactly where, though.

My point is it's Aug 9th. We don't play a regular season game for another month plus.

In addition the team always starts measured as they try to figure things out and never firing on all cylinders in Sept. It's a process. Fans forget or don't know that.

The offense finished 7th in points with a rookie QB. Yes, we all expect Mac to improve but the cast is better around him. Improved Smith. Parker, Thornton, etc. Do people think Mac will be horrible all year based on 10 practices? Really?

I think some posters are impatient, knee-jerk in their reaction to news (positive and negative), shallow in their talent evaluation, and in constant need of real-time affirmation.

This is a place for uninhibited, unfiltered raw reaction to news about the team and that's fine.

It's also a place for a measured take on what is going on with the team.
At least you could console me about the 10 bad practices and not point out my knee jerk and emotionally charged reactions to it

At least you could console me about the 10 bad practices and not point out my knee jerk and emotionally charged reactions to it
LMAO

I don't name names.

The only solace I offer those who are ready to give up on the season is to have patience.

Would onwenu be a foxborough flu casualty this season?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back