PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Friday July 29th

I think my biggest concern going into the year is we seem to have only 5 good OL and we are pretty much guaranteed to see Brown and/or Wynn to miss time. We could slide Onwenu to RT when needed, but we don't really have any good backups (i.e. Karras) this year.
How do you know we don't have "any good back-ups"? Have you seen Desjarlais play? Have you seen Hambright play? What about Russey? Herron is still young. He had a down year last year after surprising his rookie year. Let's wait and see. People surprise all the time.

How do you feel about K Bourne in the slot??
I think that Bourne is going to take the "Edelman" role. Bourne is a catalyst. They need him on the field more often than not. Bourne has shown he can play both the slot and outside.

How do you know we don't have "any good back-ups"? Have you seen Desjarlais play? Have you seen Hambright play? What about Russey? Herron is still young. He had a down year last year after surprising his rookie year. Let's wait and see. People surprise all the time.
I did write “seem”. We don’t have any proven veteran backups that we know we can count on. Rest are wild cards. We better hope they can play if needed.

Herron is probably fine as a RT.

If Brown gets hurt, flip Wynn to LT and put Herron at RT. If Wynn gets hurt, just replace Wynn with Herron at RT.

If Herron isn’t getting it done in either scenario then move Onwenu to RT and replace Onwenu at RG. If none of the young guys pop, there’s always Ferentz from the PS.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back