PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Patriots Training Camp 7-27-2023

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
What size is the gun you're putting to their (and their agent's) head since any contract requires both parties to agree?

Gun Craft GIF

Apparently thornton not taking many snaps. Not a good sign so far

Incorrect. The Red Zone isn't where Thornton thrives. It's the open field. With Schuster, Parker, Gesicki, and Henry along with Stevenson, Thornton is the odd man out unless Parker is injured.

Now is the time to lock him up. They'll save a ton vs. letting him hit the market, especially if he has a great year again this year. No reason to think he will regress significantly. Judon + Uche will hopefully be a dynamite combo for the next several years.

Dugger & Onwenu have contributed in one form or another since they were rookies; Uche since week 8 last year.

If he wants to sign an extension before the season starts, then it has to be on my terms; otherwise I wanna see him pick up where he left off before discussing silly money terms...

Last edited:
Kind of a poor choice of words to include Aaron as a legend around Foxborough.
Well ON THE FIELD we know hernandez was a beast absolutely match up nightmare.. if we can get any semblance of the type of production gronk/her put up we will definitely be a potent offense.

Like Slater said excuses are done and over with time to man up and this team needs to show it can win post brady..

One huge take away from camp so far is that my binkie, Demario Douglas, is running with the first team. Obviously there is a lot going on here and we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg; Demario must have impressed during sessions/workouts that were closed to the public. He is a guy the Patriots really need--a super quick (albeit small) guy who can get open and drive DBs nuts (which he must be doing behind the scenes). It would be huge if he can do this; it would make this draft class truly outstanding.

One huge take away from camp so far is that my binkie, Demario Douglas, is running with the first team. Obviously there is a lot going on here and we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg; Demario must have impressed during sessions/workouts that were closed to the public. He is a guy the Patriots really need--a super quick (albeit small) guy who can get open and drive DBs nuts (which he must be doing behind the scenes). It would be huge if he can do this; it would make this draft class truly outstanding.
Douglas's skillset is one the offense lacks right now, I think he'd add a much needed dimension to the passing game. None of their receivers have short area quickness.

Bedard:

Quarterbacks: I'll say this about Jones — at least he's trying to make plays with a high degree of difficulty as most of his passes were corner routes. Zappe is Captain Checkdown so he's going to compile stats.
"What can you tell me about my blind date?"
"She has a great personality"

@captain stone there were plenty of years Wilfork played at an all pro level but would get snubbed for some reason..
In his 3 seasons, Duggar has shown to be limited at times in coverage and unable to match the speed of his coverage responsibility.
In '22.....
Comp % against: 69%
QB Rating against: 95
Receiving TDs allowed: 5
Tackles: 78
INTs: 3

For comparison sake in '22.....

Tyrann Mathieu [5th season] (3 Pro Bowls)

Comp % against: 62
QB Rating against: 77
Receiving TDs allowed: 3
Tackles: 91
INTs: 3
Note: No Pro Bowl selection in '22

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back