PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Patriots Training Camp 7-27-2023

Breaking New England Patriots Team News

LIVE: Patriots Unfiltered at Training Camp, 9:30am ET​

With the addition of Chris Board, plus the rookies who are projected to be ST, Davis feels like the perfect guy to start on PUP. Then, after six weeks, you can see who's hurt and how the ST unit is doing on the whole, and plug him in for a jolt if you need him. I doubt he'd need a ton of time to get back up to speed there.

understanding that all 3 phases of the game have to be covered, it seems the league is making a strong case to de emphasize much of ST plays. yet the Pats insist on investing dollars in free agency and draft capital.
I like Davis. a lot. but Schooler, Board, maybe Heilig who we have been hearing a lot, Speed, Bolden, Bledsoe. should a roster spot go to a development player that could be more than a ST player?

understanding that all 3 phases of the game have to be covered, it seems the league is making a strong case to de emphasize much of ST plays. yet the Pats insist on investing dollars in free agency and draft capital.
I like Davis. a lot. but Schooler, Board, maybe Heilig who we have been hearing a lot, Speed, Bolden, Bledsoe. should a roster spot go to a development player that could be more than a ST player?
Not completely disagreeing, but we saw at least 2-3 Pats games decided last year by special teams. Granted, we sucked and needed special teams to bail us out of most games. But I'm also having a hard time remembering any developmental players that we let go of in the last couple of years in order to keep a special teamer who really blossomed for another team.

Not completely disagreeing, but we saw at least 2-3 Pats games decided last year by special teams. Granted, we sucked and needed special teams to bail us out of most games. But I'm also having a hard time remembering any developmental players that we let go of in the last couple of years in order to keep a special teamer who really blossomed for another team.
if the team kept Bledsoe last year over Davis, would he be in the mix to replace DMC (maybe, maybe not) and if he is ready, lessen the need for Mills, and have used those Mills dollars for another position of need?

this season, Speed and Bolden look like good developmental players that can play multiple phases of ST. Jack Jones. Jon Jones, Marcus Jones. Peppers. Phillips. Schooler. all appear to be good to very good ST players as well

if the team kept Bledsoe last year over Davis, would he be in the mix to replace DMC (maybe, maybe not) and if he is ready, lessen the need for Mills, and have used those Mills dollars for another position of need?

this season, Speed and Bolden look like good developmental players that can play multiple phases of ST. Jack Jones. Jon Jones, Marcus Jones. Peppers. Phillips. Schooler. all appear to be good to very good ST players as well
Isn't Bledsoe still on the team? Or do you mean if he hadn't ended up on IR?

376f70886f947792bdef5bc65fa99863.png

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST