PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp 7-27-2022

It’s been 11 years since the CBA changes regarding camp, please for the love of god can everyone among fans and the media collectively STOP being an old man yelling at the clouds about how camp is now so much easier than back in their day? We know. Thank you.

Old man decides to set Old men yelling at clouds straight, does so by yelling at clouds. Film at 11.

If Trent Brown says lt "feels like home", are YOU gonna evict that man from his house?

haha, yea if i had him over and he sat down on my couch and was like "This feels like home," id just be like, "Well, i guess ill pack my things"

Love hearing Trent Brown @ LT Mac should sleep a lot easier with that mountain shading his blind side.:cool:

I like the idea of the rookie being between the two most experienced OL we have in Brown and Andrews. Make the kid's job as easy as possible while he gets his feet wet.

Last edited:

Lol, looks ridiculous. On the other hand, if the tech actually works and prevents one of their key guys from suffering a concussion in a meaningless practice, I have no problem with it.

Mandated for OL/DL , TEs and LBs during training camp through second preseason game. They have some players outfitted with mouthguards that track impacts. This is an important step - helmets were originally designed to prevent skull fractures, not prevent concussions. I could see a device like this reducing the force of impacts to the brain dramatically, particularly for the many smaller impacts that likely have a cumulative effect in at least some players.

Glad they are streamlining the offense. I guess Josh truly had "carte blanche".

Old man decides to set Old men yelling at clouds straight, does so by yelling at clouds. Film at 11.
Old man narrates an Old man's decision to set Old men yelling at clouds straight by yelling at clouds, does so by posting on Old forum full of Old men. Following Mass for Shut In rerun.

It’s been 11 years since the CBA changes regarding camp, please for the love of god can everyone among fans and the media collectively STOP being an old man yelling at the clouds about how camp is now so much easier than back in their day? We know. Thank you.
nolan north retro replay GIF

Good stuff folks, but I will always miss the excellent write ups by Mrs. B.... she is from the "way back machine"
She left a void in the "who is signing autographs today" reporting that has not been filled to this day.

Dumbing down the offense that led you to Super Bowls basically every other year is not something any of us should be "glad" about.

perhaps if it’ll help the receivers know what they are doing it will help shut up people like you who complain about Bill’s drafting…

One of the best forms for a RHP that I can recall seeing, right up there with former teammate Tom Seaver...
Not to get too far off topic…. But the real interesting thing about him is for how hard he threw and how wild he was, he never really suffered a major injury. I remember stories at the time saying he had average upper body strength, but he had the strongest legs trainers had ever seen on a pitcher. And the key to his not getting injured — even with all the extra pitches he threw because he was so wild — was that he threw from the legs and had a compact delivery for his arm. Seemed to work out well for him; I’m curious if more leg training among pitchers would help reduce their injury rates and allow them to pitch longer today.

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back