PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp 7-27-2022

MY observations from the photos and such:
Trent Brown looks to be slimmed down. Like 40lbs slimmed down from when he played at RT last year.
Day 1, unpadded practice. Doesn't mean a lot.
Glad to see Mac having improved his mechanics. The few throws they showed reminded me more of #12 than a former #10 (J.G.)
Mac being the back-up holder in the event that Bailey get's hurt adds the potential for trick plays
Either Trent Brown REALLY has to go to the bathroom or he REALLY hates talking in front of the Mic. He's fidgeting like crazy.
Bentley looks like he might have slimmed down some as well.
In the Thornton/Jones match-up, Thornton seemed indecisive. He also would have likely been called for a push-off.

again, just 1st day.. observations limited to Pics and video.

More I ponder it, the more I believe Uche is the player most needed to step up at a perceived weak spot thannybody else on the roster. Even more than the cbs.
The cbs are at least deep,if unproven.
But Uche is the only passrusher on the team after Judon. And please dont Derrick me no Wise.
If Uche can step up big,like you said it's huge.
Will also make the cbs jobs much easier.
Remains to be seen

Ronnie Perkins was a pass-rusher in College. The Pats spent last year getting him used to playing strictly from a 2 point stance. We'll see if he has an impact.

Ronnie Perkins was a pass-rusher in College. The Pats spent last year getting him used to playing strictly from a 2 point stance. We'll see if he has an impact.
It would surely help the cause if he does.
I'm skeptical til I see it

Anyone know any details about thursdays practice will it be in pads?

His biceps look like my thighs. Big man. Hope he makes himself at home on the left side. Last time he did the outcome was ok iirc.
Ol could be outstanding. All comes down to health. Brown and Wynn both been hurt a lot. Depth is not great so we need them to stay pretty healthy. Onwenu is a beast, Andrews very good,Strange has bigtime potential and a mean streak.
Brown can be great and Wynn is good when healthy. Seems like a big drop-off when any of the starters get hurt

Ol could be outstanding. All comes down to health. Brown and Wynn both been hurt a lot. Depth is not great so we need them to stay pretty healthy. Onwenu is a beast, Andrews very good,Strange has bigtime potential and a mean streak.
Brown can be great and Wynn is good when healthy. Seems like a big drop-off when any of the starters get hurt

I think Justin Herron is an adequate backup OL, but after him, it gets thin for sure.

I'm fine with this. I feel like a veteran WR beating two rookie CBs on day one is what you should expect. How they respond to that in subsequent days will say more about them than this.

But we are gonna be COUNTING on those two rookie CB's this year....just sayin'.....

Who knows of any good podcast that gets into the weeds a little more?Most cannot because of contract. You know, especially Tyquan playing more first team, second team. What's second team personal package. Its no big deal but i would listen for sure.

But we are gonna be COUNTING on those two rookie CB's this year....just sayin'.....

It is the first day of practice, not the season. If the rookies are consistently beating the veterans at this point, the team could be in serious trouble unless this draft is better than last year.

It is the first day of practice, not the season. If the rookies are consistently beating the veterans at this point, the team could be in serious trouble unless this draft is better than last year.

Yea, thanks for walking me back from the ledge...LOL

My observations from attending...

There will be a logjam at WR if everyone stays healthy and look as good in full contact as they do now.

Devante Parker is too big and physical to cover one on one, he just needs to stay healthy.

Bourne hasn't missed a beat and practices like he plays, like his hair is on fire.

Agholor caught a bunch of back corner balls and fades.

Nixon is really quick to go along with that speed, he has no wasted effort in his routes.

Jonnu caught everything, including two one handed grabs that were out of reach on the sideline, he looks really dialed in.

Thornton is lightning fast, he also made a great back corner TD grab towards the end of practice and dead legged it to keep both feet in. Like I said before, the kid has really long arms, he catches balls without jumping.

Keene and Asiasi both caught everything thrown their way, Asiasi caught a back corner fade for a TD, Keene is really quick in and out of breaks for his size.

I didn't see Pierre Strong out there with the RB's?

Kevin Harris isn't just a big bruiser, he caught the ball well also.

Uche was getting a ton of work in pass coverage drills with the LB'ers, hopefully portends a more every down role for him.

The rookie DB's were getting a lot of run, including Schooler back at safety.

Mills and JoeJuan looked really solid.

Jack Jones is why the DB's were doing pushups to end practice, he bit on a look off by Mac and let a man underneath to catch and run right through his zone.

My observations from attending...

There will be a logjam at WR if everyone stays healthy and look as good in full contact as they do now.

Devante Parker is too big and physical to cover one on one, he just needs to stay healthy.

Bourne hasn't missed a beat and practices like he plays, like his hair is on fire.

Agholor caught a bunch of back corner balls and fades.

Nixon is really quick to go along with that speed, he has no wasted effort in his routes.

Jonnu caught everything, including two one handed grabs that were out of reach on the sideline, he looks really dialed in.

Thornton is lightning fast, he also made a great back corner TD grab towards the end of practice and dead legged it to keep both feet in. Like I said before, the kid has really long arms, he catches balls without jumping.

Keene and Asiasi both caught everything thrown their way, Asiasi caught a back corner fade for a TD, Keene is really quick in and out of breaks for his size.

I didn't see Pierre Strong out there with the RB's?

Kevin Harris isn't just a big bruiser, he caught the ball well also.

Uche was getting a ton of work in pass coverage drills with the LB'ers, hopefully portends a more every down role for him.

The rookie DB's were getting a lot of run, including Schooler back at safety.

Mills and JoeJuan looked really solid.

Jack Jones is why the DB's were doing pushups to end practice, he bit on a look off by Mac and let a man underneath to catch and run right through his zone.
Stop it. I demand more pessimism from this board!

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back