PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots to sign Jamie Collins

He’s definitely our ex we continue to hook back up with. Our mistress.

But you’ll never catch me being upset about bringing him back in.

Just like the Cannon signing, no risk but potential reward. I welcome it!

Solid depth I guess, nothing more than that.

He can certainly make plays... something we are missing from LB group right now outside of Judon (Is he technically a DE?)

I like the way the defense has played overall, but they haven't gotten much (that's been noticeable anyway) out of Uche, Jennings, and McMillan, and Tavai has had ups and downs. Not sure Collins actually is better than any of them at this point in his career, but I would put money on him being more productive than at least ONE of them, and that's all it would take to make the move worth it.

Where has McMillen been? Is he hurt?

GM in action........

hungry groceries GIF by VH1

This is always an interesting thing to me. I'm not a coach, so someone can correct me if I'm completely missing this one, but 4th and less than 1 to me feels like a penalty kick in soccer, where the goalie basically just has to guess one of the four directions and hope that's where the kicker is going with it. A defense almost has to sell out on SOMETHING in that situation. If you don't crash down, they could get a yard up the middle easy because it's the shortest path, but that obviously leaves you somewhat vulnerable to outside tosses or quick throws if the offense is set up right. So while it looks bad to give up 17 on a 4th and 1, the fact is they kind of had to guess where GB was going, and when you sell out and guess wrong, the play is going to be bigger than if you have a more conservative playcall.

Not saying Tavai did great there, but I don't think his assignment was outside contain.

During the final Packers kick, I thought about him and said how nice it will have been if he was there .

They pretty much made that leap illegal though. Even when the center isn't touched, the refs still throw the flag.

Was disappointed with Wilson on some bad plays. Tavai hustles and makes some good plays, but no one is truly instinctive enough to make a few important plays in big moments. I guess Raekwon has been hurt again? I'm not sure about Collins, I feel like he's run his course here. But, we know how this will go. He'll show up for a couple games, then become invisible. I honestly wonder if HT would be better.

Not a good sign for Wilson, who from what i saw had a rough outing. Lb seems to be an issue again after an encouraging first 2 weeks. I think this needs to be our focus next year along with dl, run d is still a problem

BB is following the storyline from the Expendables 3, where Sly fires all his old trusted guys, for a group of younger and faster ones, the younger ones get their teeth kicked in and kidnapped by Mel Gibson and Sly has to bring back the old guys to rescue them.

Pretty much what BB is doing here.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back