PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Team Culcha

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading something about Tedy right after we drafted him that stuck with me. It was from an AU fan who said that Pats fans probably didn't know how good he was. He was right and we all found out.

That team was loaded with those type of players so it was easy for a guy with Brady's personality to stay in line. He respected authority and those teams had it in spades.

You knew Bruschi was special when he first got here. He was only a ST player and a rotational guy at LB (IIRC, we had really good LB'ers here in McGinest (also Elephant), Slade, Vinnie Brown, Ted Johnson, and later Katzenmoyer for a short time). I might be mixing up the players/time line though. Nonetheless, when watching on TV...you would see #54 much like you see #18 all the time these days on kickoff coverage...

Right now, I think the culture leaders are:

Matt Slater, Devin McCourty, Julian Edelman, David Andrews, and Dont'a Hightower.

Right now, I think the culture leaders are:

Matt Slater, Devin McCourty, Julian Edelman, David Andrews, and Dont'a Hightower.

Plenty of leadership in the locker room. That's for sure. I'd add White to your list.

I'm not worried about the culture. But to the OPs point it will be interesting to see how team looks without Brady.

BTW great sig, Wax, an even safer forecast than this one.

Thanks! I swear I was kidding at the time - I damn near ROTFLMAO'd when it actually happened :rofl:

Belichick has consistently spent fewer resources on receivers over the last 20 years because of Brady. When you have the GOAT QB he can elevate the players he relies on, so spend the money in areas the GOAT can’t overcome. This has been a clear as day dynamic.
Brady was coached like everyone else. There are myriad stories of new players shocked that BB chewed out brady just like every other player.

Yeahhhh just like everybody else. His job was on the line every training camp. No, no I'm really with you Ringo.

I think it’s quite ridiculous to discuss what the culture within the team was with no insight into what it actually was and just guessing at how and why you think people you don’t know at all act within the organization

So you don't have to tell us your name, just what position you played - or coached. Or... wait, Estrella, is that you?

Yeahhhh just like everybody else. His job was on the line every training camp. No, no I'm really with you Ringo.
Huh? You think that chance of making the roster determines how you are coached? Really? Meet bill Belichick. You should read some articles where dozens of players talk about how brady was treated like everyone else, coached like everyone else. There is a good one about how he used to say “Brady that sucked. I could get the qb from Foxboro high down here to run it like that”

Real facts.

So you don't have to tell us your name, just what position you played - or coached. Or... wait, Estrella, is that you?
See that’s the point. I wasn’t there which is why it would be stupid for me to pretend I know the culture and how people interact with each other.

Huh? You think that chance of making the roster determines how you are coached? Really? Meet bill Belichick. You should read some articles where dozens of players talk about how brady was treated like everyone else, coached like everyone else. There is a good one about how he used to say “Brady that sucked. I could get the qb from Foxboro high down here to run it like that”

Real facts.

Real facts. Look, I've read the same articles as you, but why gild the lily? Cite me any article quoting even one dozen players and I'll be impressed.

Real facts. What, you read a couple articles, and you're throwing in lots of pretend numbers to what, tell me you believe what you believe real hard?

See that’s the point. I wasn’t there which is why it would be stupid for me to pretend I know the culture and how people interact with each other.

Yet you're attempting to describe the culture based on what you've read and I suppose seen in various interviews, as am I.

************, who pissed in your cheerios.

Real facts. Look, I've read the same articles as you, but why gild the lily? Cite me any article quoting even one dozen players and I'll be impressed.

Real facts. What, you read a couple articles, and you're throwing in lots of pretend numbers to what, tell me you believe what you believe real hard?

Those stories have been repeated many many times. If you think they are a lie that’s up to you.

Yet you're attempting to describe the culture based on what you've read and I suppose seen in various interviews, as am I.

************, who pissed in your cheerios.
No I am relating stories. I have no clue how belichick interacted with Brady other stories I have heard. I’m just refuting what you made up with stories that are factual.

Those stories have been repeated many many times. If you think they are a lie that’s up to you.

No I am relating stories. I have no clue how belichick interacted with Brady other stories I have heard. I’m just refuting what you made up with stories that are factual.

Take a reading comprehension class and come back some time. Later for now, & have fun with whoever you're arguing with.

Take a reading comprehension class and come back some time. Later for now, & have fun with whoever you're arguing with.
My comprehension is fine. If you want to pretend you know what the relationship between people you have never been in a room with is, that’s fine, but I find it silly.

Pats locker room will be much better without salty TFB around. He is older than most of the players and has lost touch with the younger generation. Mark my words.

Pats locker room will be much better without salty TFB around. He is older than most of the players and has lost touch with the younger generation. Mark my words.
You seem kind of “salty.”

add some vinegar and he's a chip off the ol' Joker....:haha:

For those who don't know the 'culcha' is the part of the chicken where the egg comes out.

My comprehension is fine. If you want to pretend you know what the relationship between people you have never been in a room with is, that’s fine, but I find it silly.

This is about the 12th time you've mischaracterized the concept of culture in the organizational sense as some sort of gossip-magazine fabrication. In the same breath you continually make assertions having to do with, drumroll please, culture.

I think you have a vocabulary limitation, so I'm gonna need you to climb all the way off my back now. You find the thread ridiculous, cool, leave it.

This is about the 12th time you've mischaracterized the concept of culture in the organizational sense as some sort of gossip-magazine fabrication. In the same breath you continually make assertions having to do with, drumroll please, culture.

I think you have a vocabulary limitation, so I'm gonna need you to climb all the way off my back now. You find the thread ridiculous, cool, leave it.

this is what you said. The bold are the things you are entirely making up with absolutely nothing to back it up.

you followed up by acting like it was ignorant to assume bb treated brady like other players, at which point I pointed out well known facts.
That likely irked BB, but in typical BB fashion, he made best use of it, making an ally and partner out of Brady, not just another player. Everybody knew the deal, but I'd wager it was an uncomfortable region of departure for BB.

Now that link's broken from Coach down through Tom to the ranks... and the result is, that channel has to be recreated, but since there will not likely arise any such channel in perfect alignment with the coach and management, this one constant aspect of team culture will change.

Did anyone count how many times Richard Seymour in his Pats HoF interview credited Tom Brady as an inspiration to his play with the Pats?

No..I didn't....aspergers much?

For those who don't know the 'culcha' is the part of the chicken where the egg comes out.

Wrong, dude. It's a Spanish slang word.
Used mostly just in Baja. It's pronounced
" Cool-cah". Refers to tricked-out lowriders but really any sweet ride.
Ex. " Yo, Chico that's a culcha".

Wrong, dude. It's a Spanish slang word.
Used mostly just in Baja. It's pronounced
" Cool-cah". Refers to tricked-out lowriders but really any sweet ride.
Ex. " Yo, Chico that's a culcha".

Sorry, I can't hear you through your white hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes