PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Take Action Against Fan Who Threw Beer At Tyreek Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your argument fails because it’s based entirely upon a logical fallacy. There is zero evidence of impending danger to the players when they mind their own business and that’s based on a sample size of thousands of games. If they walk up to a crowd of drunks, they’re inviting something to happen. Hell, they’re INCITING it. A beer in the face and a couple of middle fingers is the best you can hope for and isn’t hurting anyone either physically or emotionally. That this is even a big deal is a testament to how unbelievably soft we’ve gotten.
I agree there is a responsibility on the behalf of the player to act professionally, but even if they don't, their act "isn’t hurting anyone either physically or emotionally". The seemingly requisite act to physically retaliate isn't necessary nor appropriate. If a player were to physically attack the crowd, equal retaliation should be expected. Taunting should be handled as it has countless times before, without physical retaliation, and "that’s based on a sample size of thousands of games".

I agree there is a responsibility on the behalf of the player to act professionally, but even if they don't, their act "isn’t hurting anyone either physically or emotionally". The seemingly requisite act to physically retaliate isn't necessary nor appropriate. If a player were to physically attack the crowd, equal retaliation should be expected. Taunting should be handled as it has countless times before, without physical retaliation, and "that’s based on a sample size of thousands of games".
Nobody physically retaliated against him. It was a liquid. Physically retaliating would be hitting him with a beer bottle or punching his dumb gold teeth out of his mouth. You know... about what you should expect when you go out of your way to taunt a bunch of angry drunks.

Nobody physically retaliated against him. It was a liquid. Physically retaliating would be hitting him with a beer bottle or punching his dumb gold teeth out of his mouth. You know... about what you should expect when you go out of your way to taunt a bunch of angry drunks.
"You can even be charged with simple assault without even hitting or striking the person. If you take a swing at someone or throw something, that can be assault. If you throw something very light, that wouldn’t cause any damage even if it hit them, like a wicker basket or a banana, that still counts.

If you spit at someone or get hit them with any kind of fluid, that will be an assault charge also. Even if you miss, and there was no harm done!"

Home assaultandbattery.org/

Tyreek Hill crying over one beer lol

Lets discuss a team Mexico soccer game. That **** gets beer flowing thru the air.

Tyreek Hill crying over one beer lol

Lets discuss a team Mexico soccer game. That **** gets beer flowing thru the air.
Sounds like it’s his agent on top of this one. Doesn’t seem like Tyreek cares much.

Your argument fails because it’s based entirely upon a logical fallacy. There is zero evidence of impending danger to the players when they mind their own business and that’s based on a sample size of thousands of games. If they walk up to a crowd of drunks, they’re inviting something to happen. Hell, they’re INCITING it. A beer in the face and a couple of middle fingers is the best you can hope for and isn’t hurting anyone either physically or emotionally. That this is even a big deal is a testament to how unbelievably soft we’ve gotten.
I think he did it to provoke them too. There's no reason he had to continue running directly into the crowd barrier like that. He kept facing that way instead of turning back immediately to his teammates. He also taunted the crowd on a previous TD with a stupid humping motion:

streamable.com/0zw67

Last edited:
Imagine if this happened at the aluminum seat bowl? A beer in the face should be a mild action, ask The corpse of Howard Cosell.

The way all this was described I pictured a fan winding up and whipping a beer bottle at Hill's face and I got some sympathy for him. I see the clip and I see about an once of lightly spilled beer make contact with him. This happens all the friggin time in NFL games when visiting players taunt the fans. I think Hill is acting like a ***** and blowing this out of proportion after the fact because his team lost and he's salty. This is a JOKE.

"You can even be charged with simple assault without even hitting or striking the person. If you take a swing at someone or throw something, that can be assault. If you throw something very light, that wouldn’t cause any damage even if it hit them, like a wicker basket or a banana, that still counts.

If you spit at someone or get hit them with any kind of fluid, that will be an assault charge also. Even if you miss, and there was no harm done!"

Home assaultandbattery.org/
It’s also illegal to riot but the person that incites one is still ultimately in the wrong. That’s to say nothing over how completely ridiculous and feminine that law is. The bottom line is that Hill invited this on himself. This would have never had a chance to happen had he not chosen to run up to the end zone lounge. Go up to a bunch of drunks and taunt them and that’s what you’re going to get. He’s lucky it was only that because had the average Joe done that to a group of drunks in public, he’d be in the ER getting stitched up.

Men have gotten extremely soft and feminine if this is an example of something we’re going to get up in arms about.

Last edited:
This has gone too far. I don’t condone throwing things at players but this is selective enforcement. I want to see every other fan base be prosecuted now.

The way all this was described I pictured a fan winding up and whipping a beer bottle at Hill's face and I got some sympathy for him. I see the clip and I see about an once of lightly spilled beer make contact with him. This happens all the friggin time in NFL games when visiting players taunt the fans. I think Hill is acting like a ***** and blowing this out of proportion after the fact because his team lost and he's salty. This is a JOKE.
The guys that are upset about this are probably the same ones that say “I have to run it by the wifey first” when their buddies invite them over or out to the sports bars to watch football on Sundays.

The guys that are upset about this are probably the same ones that say “I have to run it by the wifey first” when their buddies invite them over or out to the sports bars to watch football on Sundays.
I’ll be right back. I have to ask my wife if I can respond to this comment.

This has gone too far. I don’t condone throwing things at players but this is selective enforcement. I want to see every other fan base be prosecuted now.
If they implemented a zero tolerance policy in Philly no one would be able to attend the games.

The examples that @Tony2046 showed were way worse and nothing came from that, so I wouldn’t hold my breath about them cracking down on any other teams.

They may be forced to deal with it more now than before, but the fact remains that the NEP are once again the example that everyone will point to and that’s complete horseshit.

If they implemented a zero tolerance policy in Philly no one would be able to attend the games.
I love how the KC media tweeted about how we’re now the worst fan base in sports when they conveniently ignore more egregious examples of the same exact thing occurring in another stadiums.

And that’s not even bringing up how a fan base like PHI can turn on their own and pelt Santa Claus with batteries. What a world where spilling an ounce of beer out of an empty bottle will get this much exposure. It’s maddening.

I love how the KC media tweeted about how we’re now the worst fan base in sports when they conveniently ignore more egregious examples of the same exact thing occurring in another stadiums.

And that’s not even bringing up how a fan base like PHI can turn on their own and pelt Santa Claus with batteries. What a world where spilling an ounce of beer out of an empty bottle will get this much exposure. It’s maddening.
In my initial reaction to this issue I felt the fan throwing beer deserved to be punished at some level. Lifetime banning and prosecution seemed harsh. Maybe suspended for the rest of the year seemed reasonable.

But the fact of the matter is the team is selling alcohol and facilitating close field access to players.

I think the NEP are being a bit hypocritical here.

I hope they think that. I hope the players think that. I hope they're intimidated as a result when they come in here for the playoffs (if they get that far).

He got s citation for disorderly conduct, which is probably a fine or community service. He was never going to get hit with assault. Even simple assault requires a reasonable expectation that the actions would result in a threat to a person's safety, which wasn't the case here because Tyreek Hill is an NFL player in full body armor on a field surrounded by security and other players in body armor.

Tyreek, one imagines, knows all about the legal standards for assault and battery.

In my initial reaction to this issue I felt the fan throwing beer deserved to be punished at some level. Lifetime banning and prosecution seemed harsh. Maybe suspended for the rest of the year seemed reasonable.

But the fact of the matter is the team is selling alcohol and facilitating close field access to players.

I think the NEP are being a bit hypocritical here.

I'd accept the following:

1. Three years of probation.
2. Attend a 52 week beer splashing intervention course and be under supervision for two years.
3. Not be convicted of a felon and the charge will be wiped from his records if he completes his probation.
4. Remain eligible to attend games despite his guilty plea.

Tyreek Hill pleads guilty to domestic abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back