PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots sign TE Austin Hooper

9690969.jpg

Versatile, can do it as a pass catcher and has blocked for guys like Henry and Chubb. I like it.

Not bad at all. Could add anywhere from a mid to late round TE, or maybe even a camp cut who is more of a blocking type, and should be alright there.

To replace P Brown and we still need one in the draft.

Seattle gave Pharaoh Brown a deal worth up to $3.9 million, and Pats gave Hooper a deal worth up to $4.25 million. Not sure but my gut feeling is Seattle got the better value.

Seattle gave Pharaoh Brown a deal worth up to $3.9 million, and Pats gave Hooper a deal worth up to $4.25 million. Not sure but my gut feeling is Seattle got the better value.
I don't think that 300k means anything. But Hooper has definitely been the better player and they are the same age. 1000000359.png

I don't think that 300k means anything. But Hooper has definitely been the better player and they are the same age. View attachment 57023
I’ll be happy to be proven wrong. But I don’t see Hooper as all that much better, and I thought Pharaoh improved a lot last year and was still improving while I feel Hooper is pretty much who he’s going to be. We will see how they do in the coming season. I hope Hooper has a great year, but I expect he’ll be playing the role of Gesicki or Jonnu in support of Hunter Henry so I don’t have tremendous expectations for him.

Hooper is a Good signing wanted him few years back a move the sticks guy solid.

Can he block?

So I am confused. People are *****ing we brought in a 2 time pro bowl tight end to replace the 3rd string tight end from last years worst in the nfl offense?? I don’t mind giving the pass catchers a little bit of a mulligan based on the god awful qb play last year, but wow some people sure like to *****.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back