PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots sign OT Chukwuma Okorafor

Replies to this tweet for context from Steelers fans:

Could someone help me out with this, how is it possible that the Pats were able to sign him prior to FA starting?

That’s probably the 2024 “bandaid” at right tackle. The Steelers accused him of quitting last season and sent him to the bench, so I can see how he’s not a guy you want to commit to long term. You can easily find a reason against signing any of these tackles, though.

Solid move. Not the answer at tackle, but a big upgrade depth wise.

Eyeroll Ugh GIF

That’s probably the 2024 “bandaid” at right tackle. The Steelers accused him of quitting last season and sent him to the bench, so I can see how he’s not a guy you want to commit to long term. You can easily find a reason against signing any of these tackles, though.
Yeah, seems like insurance. If you can't keep Onwenu and you don't find a starting RT in the draft then you at least have this guy to fall back on.

Decent depth.. not the solution though

Here comes the whining and crying over a depth signing. Dude would have been better than anyone not named Onwenu and Trent Brown last year. But yeah let’s get negative about this
Happy I Like It GIF
We signed a few Jags last year and all but one made the Pro Bowl remember?? :rolleyes:

They picked up his deal too, so falls in the same bucket. He actually makes more sense here now though, since he was acquired from Cleveland, so he has experience with AVP/Peters.
Thanks Chukwuma Okorafor played in their former Division familiarity.

Could someone help me out with this, how is it possible that the Pats were able to sign him prior to FA starting?

He was released by Pittsburgh on Feb 20th

Is that arrow to the QB Vederian Lowe still on the Team?? Gee I hope not!
Arrow GIF

They picked up his deal too, so falls in the same bucket. He actually makes more sense here now though, since he was acquired from Cleveland, so he has experience with AVP/Peters.
Ross so did we dump Klemm Officially??

Really nice. Now draft a LT and all of sudden the oline looks good.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back