PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots sign Malcom Butler

With our cb depth and the fact that he received a 2 year deal, I'm not a betting girl, but if I were, I'd definitely say he's making this team...
I'd like to think so but we'll see. HIghtower sat a year and he regressed, and he was much better at his position than Butler at his.

Bill lost his mind. Replaced a top 3 CB with a player he benched and traded who was essentially retired for a year and expects that's going to be good enough to cover Hill and Diggs twice a year each?

Butler won't even make the team.
Remind me in 6 months

I'd still like to know the real reason why it happened.

I really don't think it had anything to do with insulting the coaching staff. That gets you benched for a series not for the whole Super Bowl where your presence is missed badly.

Last edited:
He fit the system well. As long as he didn’t physically decline, he should be a contributor. Maybe not 2015/2016 level

Bill lost his mind. Replaced a top 3 CB with a player he benched and traded who was essentially retired for a year and expects that's going to be good enough to cover Hill and Diggs twice a year each?

Butler won't even make the team.

Wait… what? Who’s the top 3 CB we’re replacing?

Maybe he can fill the JMac role of veteran stopgap starter at CB. I wonder how much money is guaranteed, because that's a lot for a guy who sat out the year after signing a cheap 1 year deal.

I'd like to think so but we'll see. HIghtower sat a year and he regressed, and he was much better at his position than Butler at his.
fingers crossed SB, at this point with our depth, he could literally fall off a cliff and still be a top 3 option....

Right now we have:

Mills
J. Jones
Butler
Mitchell
Joequan

I expect a high pick to be added in the draft as well.

I'd still like to know the real reason why it happened.

I really don't think it had anything to do with insulting the coaching staff. That gets you benched for a series not in the Super Bowl where your presence is missed badly.
What are the chances we ever do?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back