PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots sign Malcom Butler

With our cb depth and the fact that he received a 2 year deal, I'm not a betting girl, but if I were, I'd definitely say he's making this team...
I'd like to think so but we'll see. HIghtower sat a year and he regressed, and he was much better at his position than Butler at his.

Bill lost his mind. Replaced a top 3 CB with a player he benched and traded who was essentially retired for a year and expects that's going to be good enough to cover Hill and Diggs twice a year each?

Butler won't even make the team.
Remind me in 6 months

I'd still like to know the real reason why it happened.

I really don't think it had anything to do with insulting the coaching staff. That gets you benched for a series not for the whole Super Bowl where your presence is missed badly.

Last edited:
He fit the system well. As long as he didn’t physically decline, he should be a contributor. Maybe not 2015/2016 level

Bill lost his mind. Replaced a top 3 CB with a player he benched and traded who was essentially retired for a year and expects that's going to be good enough to cover Hill and Diggs twice a year each?

Butler won't even make the team.

Wait… what? Who’s the top 3 CB we’re replacing?

Maybe he can fill the JMac role of veteran stopgap starter at CB. I wonder how much money is guaranteed, because that's a lot for a guy who sat out the year after signing a cheap 1 year deal.

I'd like to think so but we'll see. HIghtower sat a year and he regressed, and he was much better at his position than Butler at his.
fingers crossed SB, at this point with our depth, he could literally fall off a cliff and still be a top 3 option....

Right now we have:

Mills
J. Jones
Butler
Mitchell
Joequan

I expect a high pick to be added in the draft as well.

I'd still like to know the real reason why it happened.

I really don't think it had anything to do with insulting the coaching staff. That gets you benched for a series not in the Super Bowl where your presence is missed badly.
What are the chances we ever do?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back