PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Sign DT Adams

I was a big fan of him coming out. Hasn't lived up to expectations but why not. Good locker room, person in general. Hard worker. Fits what we've been doing lately - 1/2 IDL that can fill, hold while the backers run around. Not getting my hopes up but wouldn't mind seeing him healthy and with someone like Bill.

They are different players. Wise isn’t going to be an early down DT and butler never should have been. Both suck against the run as DTs but Wise does a good job at DE.
Pass rush wise both have been inconsistent.
here are career numbers.

Butler. 1806 snaps 22 QB hits 15 sacks
Wise. 1769 snaps 56 qb hits 14 sacks
Wow. I thought Butler had more hits. I'm surprised at this.

Unfortunately there is basically no hitting in camp. Makes it really hard to judge OL and DL and we are going to have brutal competition for depth spots on both sides.

Grrr. I'd forgotten about that.
Kids these days. Don't they understand that their role is to sacrifice their long term well being for my short term gratification?

Wow. I thought Butler had more hits. I'm surprised at this.
It’s that pats fans bias. If you are a draft pick nothing you do is any good but if you are a no expectation UDFA every play you make is miraculous. :rofl:

Grrr. I'd forgotten about that.
Kids these days. Don't they understand that their role is to sacrifice their long term well being for my short term gratification?
I mean you kinda just described why there IS an NFL.

I like the first names last. Henry Hunter and Harry N'Keal are my favs.
Never trust a man who has either a last name for a first name or a first name for a last name

2...we didn’t win anything 05-13; at least to our standards.
3. 01-04, 14-18 and 2001-2018. The last, longterm one is just as significant. Because the Patriots were major contenders every single one of those years with double digit wins every year.
Historical precedent is the 80's niners. They and the Patriots are the only 2 to do it and of course, NE's was superior to San Frans.

3. 01-04, 14-18 and 2001-2018. The last, longterm one is just as significant. Because the Patriots were major contenders every single one of those years with double digit wins every year.
Historical precedent is the 80's niners. They and the Patriots are the only 2 to do it and of course, NE's was superior to San Frans.
I agree that the long term excellence is UNPRECEDENTED and will NEVER be done again (idc what anybody says). However, a dynasty has to WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. Case closed.

I agree that the long term excellence is UNPRECEDENTED and will NEVER be done again (idc what anybody says). However, a dynasty has to WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. Case closed.
The 2001-2018 dynasty won 6 Championships. Case closed.

The 2001-2018 dynasty won 6 Championships. Case closed.
Lol but a dynasty wins 3 championships within a span of 3-5 years bruh. Your math is off. We didn’t win SBs 05-13. Are there phantom SBs I’m not aware of?? Maybe you’re thinking of Brady; he does in fact have 3 HOF careers if the years are split properly. We agree to disagree.

Last edited:
BTW- it was just reported that Hick's agent was told by the Bears that he could seek a trade option. Just sayin' ;)

2 Bradys
2 Stevens’
2 Francis’
2 Cunninghams
Many Johnson’s Jackson’s and smith etc etc etc
5 Brandons (on the same roster)

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe