PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans
Search

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Saturday 9/30/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reactions

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions

Suppose Strange may have re-aggravated something based on him leaving the game last week and going on the bike. Disappointing, but Mafi has honestly been just as good this year as Strange has been so far, IMO… so I think they can survive. The big pain point is another week without Jon Jones. Especially with Marcus and Jack on IR, they really need the guy. Gonzo might be able to deal with Lamb, but then Cooks might hurt you. We’ll see I suppose. I suspect it’ll be similar to last week where they primarily focus on shutting down the running game and locking up the number 1 WR, and make the other team beat them passing with their other receivers.

One-If-By-Sea

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Suppose Strange may have re-aggravated something based on him leaving the game last week and going on the bike. Disappointing, but Mafi has honestly been just as good this year as Strange has been so far, IMO… so I think they can survive. The big pain point is another week without Jon Jones. Especially with Marcus and Jack on IR, they really need the guy. Gonzo might be able to deal with Lamb, but then Cooks might hurt you. We’ll see I suppose. I suspect it’ll be similar to last week where they primarily focus on shutting down the running game and locking up the number 1 WR, and make the other team beat them passing with their other receivers.

Yup Cooks might catch a few but doubtful he wins the game. Cooks is 30 so he is not as quite as fast as before. Remember the Cowboys best CB is Gilmore?

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reactions

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Yup Cooks might catch a few but doubtful he wins the game. Cooks is 30 so he is not as quite as fast as before. Remember the Cowboys best CB is Gilmore?
Yeah I think they SHOULD be able to abuse the Dallas DBs… but that requires the OL to hold up against the Dallas DL. I think the primary focus should be running the ball to soften that pass rush and then pass. Maybe at some point they can get a favorable matchup running the ball, and then go no-huddle to force that same defense to stay on the field while changing their offensive alignment to become pass-first with the same personnel.

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
I wouldn't be so quick to say that without one of the Jones'. Cooks can come alive against the alternatives. Lamb alone is a handful hope we double the Cooks side regularly or sade him deep with the FS.

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Yeah I think they SHOULD be able to abuse the Dallas DBs… but that requires the OL to hold up against the Dallas DL. I think the primary focus should be running the ball to soften that pass rush and then pass. Maybe at some point they can get a favorable matchup running the ball, and then go no-huddle to force that same defense to stay on the field while changing their offensive alignment to become pass-first with the same personnel.
I hope we plan on passing the football some If can't put at least 300yds passing in this one we have problems. Our focus should be to chip Micah Parsons with the TE's mostly Pharaoh and RB's...that should ware him down. We want Mac to be a version of the new Goff in this one.

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Totally agree with the Mafi part in regards to Cole Strange win win for us either way in case of an interior injury on the On-line. I think if Mafi plays decent Strange is our next RG when Michael Onwenu leaves.

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Totally agree with the Mafi part in regards to Cole Strange win win for us either way in case of an interior injury on the On-line. I think if Mafi plays decent Strange is our next RG when Michael Onwenu leaves.
I’ve kind of been thinking Strange might be a good center. Andrews probably won’t be around in 2 years. But yeah I suppose until then he could be the right guard.

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Let’s say the games this weekend go perfectly and these teams win: Pats, Falcons, Bills, Bears, Browns, Texans, Rams, Titans, Raiders, Chiefs. You’d have an AFC that looks like this after this week (not counting tiebreakers):

Kansas City 3-1
Buffalo 3-1
Miami 3-1
**New England 2-2**
Cleveland 2-2
Baltimore 2-2
Pittsburgh 2-2
Indianapolis 2-2
Houston 2-2
Tennessee 2-2
Las Vegas 2-2
Jacksonville 1-3
Los Angeles 1-3
Cincinnati 1-3
NYJ 1-3
Denver 0-4

NE would be right in the mix, only a game behind the top seed and an equal or better record compared to all but 3 teams in the conference. Of course things probably won’t go exactly this way, but many could. A win vs Dallas is the most important thing.

Monday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/26: News and Notes
Patriots News 2-25, “The Dynasty” Left Much Out, Matthew Slater
Mayo Sets Groundwork, Offers More Transparency With New Staff
Patriots Slater Calling It Quits After 16 Seasons
Patriots News 2-18, The Draft, Free Agency, and “The Dynasty”
MORSE: The Young Guns Patriots New Defensive Coaches
MORSE: Introducing the New Patriots Front Office
49ers Had a Chance, But Questionable Decisions Cost Them in Loss to Chiefs
Patriots News 2-11, Hightower Returns, Staff, Front Office Thoughts
Ranking The 57 Super Bowls From Worst To Best