PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Rumors: Eliot Wolf ‘Pushing Hard’ For This QB Prospect

I hate late risers. They tend to rise late because of things that are not due to their actual skill set or play on the field. Most of the 2021 QB first round draft class were all late risers. Guys like Jones, Fields, and Lance were not even in the first round in a lot of mock drafts before the Combine.

McCarthy could be the exception, but I am always nervous with these late risers.
Duly noted.

Keep in mind that whoever the Patriots draft to play QB will need to watch from the sidelines for most of his first year due to the fact that even the new coaches do not know the new scheme let alone the players.

2024 Patriots training camp.............

Cosplay Knight GIF

Question: Was hiring coaches who know the new scheme prohibitively expensive?

Think Barbara Dunkelman GIF by Rooster Teeth

Daniels is going to play with less talent next year in the NFL than he did last year in college. When he opted out of his bowl game, his backup threw for 395 yards and 3 touchdowns. I find that concerning especially since he wasn’t considered much of a prospect after his first four years of starting in college.
We'll see what the Commanders think but your take is dead wrong on him: I think he's the best QB from the bunch.

I want Maye or McCarthy, both system fits. But both players should probably sit in year one,

McCarthy really should. He needs to get stronger but he’s a better athlete than people are giving him credit for.

Double dip for safe measures I think think some of the second tiers will pan out. I think Penix Jr - Rattler and Pratt could pan out.
Disagree. Not a fan of throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks. Make the pick, don't take two guys in case the first guy fails.
What if....it winds up being the 20th ranked QB in the 3rd year after sitting the 1st year. Still a 10-15th ranked defense, too.
What's your wins and losses look like? That's prob the only stat we should be worrying about. I know that the fantasy footballers want gaudy numbers, but if they are 10 wins and competing for the post season, that's probably acceptable.
maybe its the right decision to punt on a QB this year? to take a developmental pick?

If things don't pan out, chances are you are back at the top of the draft anyways... might have more options
I don't want to kick the can down the road. How can they be sure that Connor Weigman, Drew Allar or Quinn Ewers are going to be any better than this year's crop, or, most importantly, available to them? If the guy at #3 is a franchise guy, take him. If Bo Nix is a franchise guy, then trade back, fill a hole and then take Nix. Same with Spencer Rattler or whoever else they might like. Don't pass on The Guy this year, because The Guy may not be available to you next year.

Last edited:
Maye ran Kingsbury’s air raid offense in 2022 during his best year.
I did not know that. Thank you for the info.

Doesn't change my mind, though.

Last edited:
I want Maye or McCarthy, both system fits. But both players should probably sit in year one,

McCarthy really should. He needs to get stronger but he’s a better athlete than people are giving him credit for.
I mean what system are they even running now?

2024 Patriots training camp.............

Cosplay Knight GIF

Question: Was hiring coaches who know the new scheme prohibitively expensive?

Think Barbara Dunkelman GIF by Rooster Teeth
I don't know if it is prohibitively expensive. I do know that this staff has not worked together so there will be confusion
during the start of the re build. Hopefully it is short lived. No?

Double dip for safe measures I think think some of the second tiers will pan out. I think Penix Jr - Rattler and Pratt could pan out.
Brother I said the same thing. Penix is going to be taken in the 2nd round for sure.. I'd rather as you said take 2 QBs.. feels like Daniels will fall to us?

Thanks for clarifying that.
I was thinking along the lines of better than the last 2 seasons offensively. Can you imagine after what you've seen the last 2 seasons were were top 10 offensively in 2021.

Disagree. Not a fan of throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks. Make the pick, don't take two guys in case the first guy fails.

What's your wins and losses look like? That's prob the only stat we should be worrying about. I know that the fantasy footballers want gaudy numbers, but if they are 10 wins and competing for the post season, that's probably acceptable.

I don't want to kick the can down the road. How can they be sure that Connor Weigman, Drew Allar or Quinn Ewers is going to be any better than this year's crop, or, most importantly, available to them? If the guy at #3 is a franchise guy, take him. If Bo Nix is a franchise guy, then trade back, fill a hole and then take Nix. Same with Spencer Rattler or whoever else they might like. Don't pass on The Guy this year, because The Guy may not be available to you next year.

Thats my concern with passing up on qb. Its not just about being in the right place, but at the right time. If this becomes like 2020 where a class pans out and then we go years before another good class then we’re stuck in mediocrity no matter what. You’re picking 3 in a qb heavy top 5, seems like the most logical choices atm.

JJ will be more likely, the best option available. He’s got everything to succeed, will he? Who knows? Who knows if anyone will succeed?
Unfortunately there isn’t a surefire star in there so you have to play with what you have.
He’s young and he has untapped potential. There isn’t much more you can ask for given the context.
This team needs to build on the future, whether people like it or not.

Brother I said the same thing. Penix is going to be taken in the 2nd round for sure.. I'd rather as you said take 2 QBs.. feels like Daniels will fall to us?
There is no way I'm taking JJ McCarthy before Jayden Daniels given the chance.

There is no way I'm taking JJ McCarthy before Jayden Daniels given the chance.
I don't know if the reports are true or not.. but there are just to many talented QBs ahead of McCarthy IMO..

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back