PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Rumors: Eliot Wolf ‘Pushing Hard’ For This QB Prospect

My Take: I hope this is not true
At least not with the #3 pick. I wouldn't hate that outcome if the JJ hype quiets down and he is available later in the first round as part of a trade down.

At least not with the #3 pick. I wouldn't hate that outcome if the JJ hype quiets down and he is available later in the first round as part of a trade down.
It depends on whether this is a red herring or Wolf has him rated higher than the others
Going on rumor. McCarthy may be gone by pick 4 or 5 with trades into those positions
So if Wolf thinks he is better than Maye/Daniels then take him at 3

Is Mccarhy being used or is he really into him.
I mean I am so I think Elliot sees the projection I see.
This is a Aaron Rodgers clone physically,
It makes sense.

I said he is the closest thing to Rodgers and Love from a physical standpoint.

I’d be way onboard we’ve had some decent luck with Michigan players.

It depends on whether this is a red herring or Wolf has him rated higher than the others
Going on rumor. McCarthy may be gone by pick 4 or 5 with trades into those positions
100 percent.

Not sure what could knock the hype down at this point, outside of an arrest or some suspect past behaviors.

I can't argue with your position. My opinion is mainly shaped by the fact that his predicted draft position changed so much after the season ended. Too much speculation and subterfuge to be confident in any of the options.

Last edited:
I can't argue with your position. My opinion is mainly shaped by the fact that his predicted draft position changed so much after the season ended. Too speculation and subterfuge to be confident in any of the options.
I understand totally
I did not want McCarthy until I watched some tape

Daniels was a second round pick also and flew up mock boards
The only 2 that was always 1and 2 are Caleb/Mayes

We only say he was a second rounder. But those are Mock dudes.
I remember Will Levi’s last year was going to go in top 5. He went in 2nd round
Pro teams boards are the real deal.
We will see. I think this is a red herring though as far as Wolf. But I do think JJ will go early

If Maye is taken second, trade pick 3 for a king's ransom.
Depends, how we value Daniel’s, McCarthy?
If we could trade down and walk away with 2 game breaking WRs and a QB like Nix, Pennix, or Rattler,

That has to be considered

If Wolf thinks there’s a franchise QB in this draft he has to take them.

I saw someone’s mock draft this morning that had the Redskins selecting McCarthy with the 2nd pick. Could he have impressed teams that much?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back