PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Chris Baker [Update: Signed by Seahawks]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots release Chris Baker

I believe they could have kept him, but that in going with the mcdaniel scheme, he was not worth it......in fact, the pats may have the opportunity to get him back because it sounds like graham could be dumped by the broncos

Well, if he is dumped.. I hope that BB signs him back.. He'd be welcomed with open arms. And our running game would be more potent..

Well, if he is dumped.. I hope that BB signs him back.. He'd be welcomed with open arms. And our running game would be more potent..

Maybe the team should work more on the right side of the OL to aid the running game instead of hoping a TE can help out....I would like to see TEs involved more in the passing game and less pressure on Moss and Welker to make plays

Give me 2 good OL prospects, one decent Blocking TE and a super catching TE and we will be in great shape. - Easier said than done of course.

Maybe the team should work more on the right side of the OL to aid the running game instead of hoping a TE can help out....I would like to see TEs involved more in the passing game and less pressure on Moss and Welker to make plays

Give me 2 good OL prospects, one decent Blocking TE and a super catching TE and we will be in great shape. - Easier said than done of course.

why stop there? just ask for 2 - 10 sack OLB's while you're at it?

the pats don't need a mauling ground game......but they do need better TE blocking in order to at least to be able to sell the run better

Yeah I agree with that.

The Pats have Ohrnberger, whom I believe they are working at Center behind Koppen. Just a gut feeling.

But, they do need a starting RG and if Kaczur can make the move inside, then they'd need another OT. Personally, I think that they can draft a guy like Asamoah or Mike Johnson and be better off. Though drafting a OT and moving them inside, ala Mankins, would be fine by me as well.

Personally, Koppen and the RG are the biggest issues on the O-line right now. Both in the running game and passing game. If they address thoughs, then the offense becomes better by leaps and bounds.

I know that the Pats would rather have 2 decent all-around TEs and one true blocking TE so that they can put either of the first two on the field and not tip their hand as to what they are going to do.

I like Jimmy Graham and everything, but are we really sure that we can do better than Watson? That kid is a hell of a TE, despite what most people here tend to believe.

The Pats have Ohrnberger, whom I believe they are working at Center behind Koppen. Just a gut feeling.

But, they do need a starting RG and if Kaczur can make the move inside, then they'd need another OT. Personally, I think that they can draft a guy like Asamoah or Mike Johnson and be better off. Though drafting a OT and moving them inside, ala Mankins, would be fine by me as well.

Personally, Koppen and the RG are the biggest issues on the O-line right now. Both in the running game and passing game. If they address thoughs, then the offense becomes better by leaps and bounds.

I know that the Pats would rather have 2 decent all-around TEs and one true blocking TE so that they can put either of the first two on the field and not tip their hand as to what they are going to do.

Alot of people really never gave him much thought but I really think a player like Christian Fauria was really underated here,I think he played a role in helping the Pats win in the early decade.

There are Christian Fauria type players in every draft,you just have to find them.

ithe pats actually need to throw to TE's more........it takes the load off of guys like welker, and freezes the LB's more.......

Alot of people really never gave him much thought but I really think a player like Christian Fauria was really underated here,I think he played a role in helping the Pats win in the early decade.

There are Christian Fauria type players in every draft,you just have to find them.

it has more to do with the scheme being deployed now.....under weis, TE's and FB's would catch about 100 balls per season.......

its more like 30-40 now.....gives opposing LB's alot less to think about

Re: Patriots release Chris Baker [SMY: Not good locker room guy]

SMY says that Baker was not a good locker room guy:

shalise manza young (shalisemyoung) on Twitter

What I'm hearing on Baker: not a good locker room guy, put out max effort in preseason but then shifted to cruise control in regular season

Here comes Olsen-claus, here comes Olsen-claus...

That's immediately what came to my mind when I saw this thread. He'd have to take a few classes in blocking, but he'd be a dangerous weapon in the receiving game. Also, I wonder if this means anything for Watson...

Meanwhile, the Patriots chances of drafting a TE in the 2010 draft skyrocket. Many Pats fans are seen *facepalming*. *g* :D

We live in interesting times.

Well good riddance then. Pretty obvious an attitudectomy is as important as anything this off season, especially with all the young guys on defense.

I have to say that I am very surprised that he had such a poor attitude. But it explains everything that we saw during the season..

Interesting....very interesting

Last edited:

SMY's comment reflects what we saw on the field. Slightly impressive pre-season but non-visible in the real season. As another poster noted no real separation and mostly used for blocking. I can imagine that his attitude would have been noted by BB and more than pissed off TB, wonder where he was in Tom's countdowns on passing plays.

Would love to have Grambo back (but not at his Denver salary), and it would be nice to have him paired up with Watson again, but Ben will get his payday from another team sadly. I would like to believe there is a plan behind this but all I can see is the money saving. Olsen is a possibility but the shortfall in blocking is now exposed.

We live in interesting times.

Definitely and I can't WAIT to see what BB does now:D :popcorn: Maybe it's just a contract move as someone said but one way or the other after this season was over you just KNEW heads were going to roll. Plus the NFL's next couple of years could get pretty rocky; not a doubt in my mind that BB's planning for that along with everything else.

Buckle up fans it's gonna be a wild ride :rocker:

Meanwhile, the Patriots chances of drafting a TE in the 2010 draft skyrocket. Many Pats fans are seen *facepalming*. *g* :D

I wouldn't say "skyrocket" at all. It increases that possibly, but also the possiblity that Watson is re-signed. I think the latter is more likely since Watson is a known quantity and an underrated TE (at least in NE).

Also, maybe Bill and Josh have already worked something out for Graham. :) Seems to me like Josh has taken advantage of quite a few of our roster moves already, yet he's done nothing for BB yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes