PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Cameron Meredith

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things we learned yesterday is that we don’t have anyone who can fill in for even an injured decoy Edelman. Brady has recently emphasized the need for experienced players, so I was hoping Meredith might provide some of that.

I'm not trying to steer the conversation, but it's relevant to your post, so....

One thing we were talking about during the offseason was that Meyers is a different kind of slot WR than the Patriots have traditionally had. For reasons they don't share with us (not saying that they're wrong in any way), they don't view Dorsett as a slot guy, save in a possible emergency situation. Harry is strictly the big body position guy. So AB was the "replacement" for an injured Edelman.

This is hilarious because fat boy Greg bedard was JUST on felger and mazz saying this clown Meredith can be the addition the pats receiving corps needs! Lol, these media jezebels will do amazing mental gymnastics to avoid admitting that the Patriots need Antonio Brown...
Admitting to watching Felger & Mazz ... without a condom no less.:confused:o_O

One of the things we learned yesterday is that we don’t have anyone who can fill in for even an injured decoy Edelman. Brady has recently emphasized the need for experienced players, so I was hoping Meredith might provide some of that.
Personally I thought Tom should have kept his mouth shut on that point but what's done is done.

The

Benenoch release is the more significant.
That opens a roster spot.
Goodnight Benenoch.
Watson is the most likely but not certain.

What did Scooby do this week that he didn’t do in his impressive game four demo?

the scraping continuuuuuesss....

Obviously this is to make room for Diggs

At this point, it might be time to bring in Jerry Rice and Randy Moss for workouts.

Well... Bye... :D

BiTioXM.png

At this point, it might be time to bring in Jerry Rice and Randy Moss for workouts.
Randy would probably come if given the chance.

This is 2009. That year, everything went through Welker. When he went down they were done. There was Moss but no Gronk or AH. Similar to this year. Jules goes down and this team is cooked.

They also brought in undrafted rookie free agent WR Jazz Ferguson. 6’5” 227, ran a 4.45 at the combine and 37 inch vertical. Had a nice preseason for the Seahawks but was cut. I’d love to see the Pats sign him. But it sounds like they are leaning towards Ryan Grant (2nd visit).

Last edited:
I am really not sure why people think this is over cap reasons.

As Miguel is saying he had an injury waiver anyway, could have been kept on PUP for longer and clearing off about 600k is not a major change in the cap situation. There was no immediate need either.

Clearing off $600,000 increases their available cap space by about 33%. I’m guessing it was a factor along with the knee just not getting better.

The waiver didn’t mean there were no cap effect of him remaining on the PUP. He was getting paid and would have continued to be. The waiver gave the Pats the right to release him despite him being injured which you usually can’t do without an injury settlement.

Brown caught 3 passes and a TD in his very first drive with the Pats. Seemed to be sticking......

Man you Brown sycophants are really annoying, makes coming here brutal. If you haven't noticed, other teams aren't touching Antonio with a 10 foot pole. What makes you think the NFL was going to allow him to play for the Pats after those moronic text messages? Get over Brown for fu**s sake, he did everything to himself. Just shut up for 4 months and he wins a SB. Pats will just do it without him now while you phonies cry all year about a WR who has never won anything in his life.

This is 2009. That year, everything went through Welker. When he went down they were done. There was Moss but no Gronk or AH. Similar to this year. Jules goes down and this team is cooked.

Its like 2009 if 2009 had an elite defense.

The

Benenoch release is the more significant.
That opens a roster spot.
Goodnight Benenoch.
Watson is the most likely but not certain.

What did Scooby do this week that he didn’t do in his impressive game four demo?

His release isn't necessarily a punishment for poor practice performance (though I'm sure it feels like it to Scooby). The edges of the roster and PS are often going to be driven by injuries, potential upgrades/need for a spot, exposed weak areas. Secondary and LB (assuming High's injury isn't serious) are two areas pretty far down the 'need areas' list. So it's possible Scooby simply has the bad luck of being in a position of less need on a team that has areas of greater need.
Or maybe he was simply jettisoned for sucking. The roster edges of the NFL can be a fickle SOB :)

Man you Brown sycophants are really annoying, makes coming here brutal. If you haven't noticed, other teams aren't touching Antonio with a 10 foot pole. What makes you think the NFL was going to allow him to play for the Pats after those moronic text messages? Get over Brown for fu**s sake, he did everything to himself. Just shut up for 4 months and he wins a SB. Pats will just do it without him now while you phonies cry all year about a WR who has never won anything in his life.
*slow clap*

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference