PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Cameron Meredith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady probably just kicked a puppy in response...

Pats really threw a lot against the wall and nothing seemed to stick. I really though that between Harris, Inman, Thomas or Meredith the Pats had found themselves a solid 3/4 type receiver. They really need Harry to contribute when he is ready.

This is hilarious because fat boy Greg bedard was JUST on felger and mazz saying this clown Meredith can be the addition the pats receiving corps needs! Lol, these media jezebels will do amazing mental gymnastics to avoid admitting that the Patriots need Antonio Brown...

Can anyone say, Ben Watson?

Pats really threw a lot against the wall and nothing seemed to stick. I really though that between Harris, Inman, Thomas or Meredith the Pats had found themselves a solid 3/4 type receiver. They really need Harry to contribute when he is ready.

Brown caught 3 passes and a TD in his very first drive with the Pats. Seemed to be sticking......

This is probably to have some more breathing room on the cap - one of the few ways to add to cap space without restructuring someone/ pushing out cap money

Sucks a lot for Meredith. Hope he can recover.

Didn't see that coming at all..
He had a 2y contract, I imagined he was being kept for next year. Maybe he wanted to be released or he knee issue is much more serious.

Edit- makes sense for cap reasons, as somebody stated, I didn't thought of that at first

One of the things we learned yesterday is that we don’t have anyone who can fill in for even an injured decoy Edelman. Brady has recently emphasized the need for experienced players, so I was hoping Meredith might provide some of that.

Very disappointing. Don’t know how bad that injury is now but i was looking forward to seeing if he had anything left. So basically waiting out now on the rookie wr.

I am really not sure why people think this is over cap reasons.

As Miguel is saying he had an injury waiver anyway, could have been kept on PUP for longer and clearing off about 600k is not a major change in the cap situation. There was no immediate need either.

Last edited:
This is hilarious because fat boy Greg bedard was JUST on felger and mazz...

You need some friends, 'cause friends don't let friends listen to...well, any of those three really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes