PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Brandon Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots will release Brandon Lloyd

C'mon guys.

We'll be fine if Sanders, Jones and Amendola have the best seasons of their careers this year.

we need a trade for a big time WR.

To be completely honest with you I'd be far more scared of Jones (4.46 40) and Emmanuel Sanders (4.41 40) than I would of been of Lloyd, Branch or Welker beating me deep.

You have got to be kidding me. Their 40 times do not equate to productivity. Branch is done, Welker is strictly a slot guy and Lloyd is a better deep WR than either Jones or Sanders (regaurdless of 40 time), but all three have production that dwarfs anything those two bums have done. Jones and Sanders are JAGS, nothing else.

C'mon guys.

We'll be fine if Sanders, Jones and Amendola have the best seasons of their careers this year.

Who is this Sanders? You must mean Aiken.

No we don't. We need someone to replace lloyd. He wasn't a big time WR. Sanders can be that guy and they may be planning on that

I guess this means the pats will likely put in an offer sheet for Sanders

who wouldve thought a month ago that our WR corp would be 100% different than last year

No we don't. We need someone to replace lloyd. He wasn't a big time WR. Sanders can be that guy and they may be planning on that

we don't need another soft slot WR.

Patriots will release Brandon Lloyd

You have got to be kidding me. Their 40 times do not equate to productivity. Branch is done, Welker is strictly a slot guy and Lloyd is a better deep WR than either Jones or Sanders (regaurdless of 40 time), but all three have production that dwarfs anything those two bums have done. Jones and Sanders are JAGS, nothing else.

You asked me specifically about getting deep not production. I answered the question brother that is what I do when people ask one. I don't change the content. 40 time does impact ability to get deep more than any other thing in football.

Yep

If Sanders gets here and he can do stuff like this consistently, i'm more than ok with it

Charlie Batch TD pass to Emmanuel Sanders - YouTube

It was a perfect pass. He didn't beat anybody. Both defenders had him covered. Batch deserves the credit for that play.

This is how bad of shape our WR core is in right now. We're playing ordinary highlights from an avg WR that isn't even on our team yet. When our WR hopes lie on acquiring Emmanuel frickin Sanders, we are in trouble.

Welker, Talib situations.......

Help me out on this inference. On the Welker front, I love the guy and think he's the best there is at his position. The problem is the team's reliance on the small ball package. The Baltimore game confirmed every belief I had on NE's offensive limitations. Baltimore's nickel bottled up the WRs. With Lloyd dropping to the ground on every catch and diminutive WW as the team's lone deep threat, is it any wonder Pollard moved closer and closer to the LOS as the game progressed and inflicted severe punishment in the second half. The offense turned one dimensional....play action was abandoned and shot gun dominated. The result...38% of NE offensive plays went for zero yards or fewer. Losing Gronk hurt no doubt, but the plan B was inept with only 2 real WRs on the roster and zero deep threats.
I feel bad for WW. He deserves more coin than those under performing outside WRs that make double his current wage. He deserves more financial respect in the NFL....but I'm happy NE is going in a new direction
And the Talib situation????....good player who gets hurt. That's about all I have ever written on the subject. 1 year/$5 mill is perfect and a huge win for BB.

Yes, of course, we are counting on Sanders being an improvement over Lloyd, and Amendola/Jones to be an improvement over Welker/Branch/Edelman.

How reasonable is it to fail to take out any insurance. Lloyd would provide insurance in case ONE of the three projected top receivers doesn't work out in their first year with the team.

@sourceclosetothesituation patriots to re-sign Randy Moss #patsnationconfused

There might not be a strong market for Lloyd but he's the best receiver available who doesn't have a 1st round tender attached to him. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'd be shocked if he doesn't draw any interest.

I don't know if we do but let's just pretend we did have to.. Who? Not exactly flooding the trading block these days.

It was a perfect pass. He didn't beat anybody. Both defenders had him covered. Batch deserves the credit for that play.

Yes because batch beat the coverage and made the catch in traffic right? :bricks::bricks:

So, now Brady will need to start with a brand new set of receivers. Of course, one might that our offense is complex and few have come in and did great. Certainly draftees are unlikely to be stars in the their rookie years (or any other year for the patriots).

I still look to us signing at least one of last year's receivers: Lloyd, Edelman and Branch.

Given the situation, we probably need an addition wide receivers coach.
Welker and Moss had no problem coming in and picking up the system.
The only players who struggled really were 85 who is a moron, and Galloway who admittedly had a hard time reading coverage.
We have not brought in any players who, like those 2 spent their entire careers running a limited amount of routes on plays designed to pull coverage away from them, so I don't see why 2 guys not being smart enough to get it has anything to do with the guys we are bringing in.
By the way, Lloyd must qualify as a guy who picked it up easily, if you are lamenting that his departure means we lost a guy who understands the offense.

@sourceclosetothesituation patriots to re-sign Randy Moss #patsnationconfused

I love it. Love Moss he averaged 15.5 yards per catch, had 22 first downs on 28 catches.. He just turned 36 and he is the type of athlete that can still be special at a late stage in his career.

Yes, of course, we are counting on Sanders being an improvement over Lloyd, and Amendola/Jones to be an improvement over Welker/Branch/Edelman.

How reasonable is it to fail to take out any insurance. Lloyd would provide insurance in case ONE of the three projected top receivers doesn't work out in their first year with the team.

Sanders has not signed with Patriots. So, only WR is Amendola.

Patriots now have to get 2 WRs (replacement, and vertical threat).

I love it. Love Moss he averaged 15.5 yards per catch, had 22 first downs on 28 catches.. He just turned 36 and he is the type of athlete that can still be special at a late stage in his career.

He's completely washed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back