PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots re-signing Ben Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to block better than that stiff they rolled out last Thursday. Great news.

or he is just a replacement for LaCosse and he still hopes to trade for a TE
I think Izzo plays more at fullback, and Bolden gets some FB snaps also.

If only Izzo could block! That was supposed to be a strength for him, coming out of college, but I haven't seen it.

I think Izzo plays more at fullback, and Bolden gets some FB snaps also.

If only Izzo could block! That was supposed to be a strength for him, coming out of college, but I haven't seen it.

Izzo is a better receiver but worse blocker than expected.

Can he rush the passer?
Ideally he’d be able to get right in front of the passer and let him get away and throw a pass that just gets past the markers.

I’d still like to see them bring back Dwayne Allen

So Izzo trade for a bag of balls?

On this topic, there's a bit of notable news, that would seem to help verify Yates' report, in this Mike Reiss tweet:

News story: TE Benjamin Watson, who was back at Gillette Stadium today, is expected to re-sign with the Patriots. es.pn/2IPgqsl

I would hope that the Patriots are still looking for another TE and WR, but this is a welcome addition that should be an upgrade over the current situation.

This is just BB toying with Watson's emotions because he can. Watson will be cut on Saturday.

Yeah, I was thinking, "What did Watson do to pi$$ off BB so much?"

To those who wonder why this all happened:
  1. he was one of several options, and the best choice (or the only choice)
  2. it will cost less money, presumably

Glad to hear it, though in a way it makes last week's baffling decision even more baffling.
Well for all we know at this point, the corresponding roster move could be Johnson to IR and they would prefer to have a 3rd TE in Watson than any of the fullback options with no experience in the system.

good week for the Watson’s!

Sooooo BB could not complete a trade for a TE?
All the good ones were not on the trading block. Would rather have Watson than OJ Howard. Watson has proved himself. Howard is a bust

Glad to hear it, though in a way it makes last week's baffling decision even more baffling.

For me it seems consistent with the idea of Watson as the 54th man. NE lost their FB for the season and had a TE get hurt as well. One injury opened a spot and the other exacerbated the need, so Watson returns.

Do you see something differently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back