PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots re-sign James Ferentz

WTF. I guess BB is still the defactot GM.
Would love to see a change of thinking and bringing in a full time GM
I hope this is not a sign about the type of players Bill will sign in FA,

Last edited:
Good depth move.
Not sure I'd say "good" but he is a depth move. I don't mind him being around...but I don't want him to be the first guy off the bench for G/C and if he's around, Bill will be tempted to play him.

I'd like to see us find another vet G/C in the mold of Connolly/Wendall/Karras who is a good guard who can also do a solid job at center.

Doesn't he always? I feel like whenever he's cut he's just brought back after his dad makes a phone call.

Jesus, I'm turning into Capt Stone. That's what Ferentz does to some of us.
Exactly.

Hes a "break glass in case of emergency" guy.

Not really a player to get in a twist over but it is OK to get in a twist when he plays more than a few games.

I'd like to see us find another vet G/C in the mold of Connolly/Wendall/Karras who is a good guard who can also do a solid job at center.
Sure!

Belichick agrees, and looks every year. He still hasn't found one that he can trust as a backup more than Ferentz.

Sure!

Belichick agrees, and looks every year. He still hasn't found one that he can trust as a backup more than Ferentz.

He's Obviously not looking hard enough... Not by a damn sight... If he's really looking at all, that is.

I'll get excited about Free Agency when I hear the name Adam Seward. Until then...zzzzzzzzzzzz

Why? I just don't understand this!

Guys like that (and center especially) are valuable to coaches / on the field training process in offseason and TC.
With virtually zero cap implications why not.

Esp. since they f up building competent young OL depth to lean on several years in a row so they have to go back to old Ferentzsss...

Ummm... Everybody else?
Unfortunately for you, Ferentz will get until some one else convinces staff that they are more reliable than him.

No one has stepped up. You can SAY that Hussey is better, but he has showed the team nothing.

Yes, almost everyone would LIKE to see someone beat out Ferentz for reps, after he is re-signed, again, after Game one or Game 2, well everyone other than Ferentz himself and his father.
=============
We currently have only 10 OL's. Surely, we'll add more. Maybe Hussey will beat out Ferentz, maybe Hines. maybe a draftee, more likely no one, yet again.

Who is your preferred candidate?
I have a boatload of suggestions:

how about free agents Matt Skura, Kyle Fuller, Garrett Bradbury, Will Hernandez, Nate Herbig
or any of the 4 6th round draft picks they have for a rookie like: Darian Dalcourt (ALA), Trevor Downing (Iowa State), Nick Samac (MSU)

Would absolutely prefer a rookie from college with higher ceiling than Thamksdad

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back