PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Practice Squad and IR Moves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots will likely open a couple of spots on the PS by signing one or two to the 53 man roster after tomorrow at 4 when players can be put on the 3-game IR.

They like his power. As a rookie he is behind because of abnormal prep this year. Practice squad is perfect to groom him to see if he can gain the accuracy and technique. The tatt issue is just stupid.

I can agree with that. Never really did care about the tattoos personally. Young people are sometimes naive and do stupid things.

At his pre-draft pro day, Kinsey posted a 4.65-second 40-yard dash, 7.30-second three-cone drill, 4.34-second short shuttle, 10-foot, 5-inch broad jump and 37.5-inch vertical at 5-foot-10, 195 pounds.

In one of the articles that I read today, he states that he ran a 4.47 in the grass and in the rain, in front of scouts. That 40 time lead most of the NFL teams to start scouting him.

edit: This one.
B9074EF3-B9ED-4A4A-8D1D-9AD5D3A827B4.jpeg

Last edited:
Probably means nothing but there have been no reports about Jeff Thomas signing with another team and both his twitter and IG accounts still say Patriots WR/Patriots.

Mason Kinsey = 4.65 40 yard dash....Its only the practice squad but what are we to do with all this speed :rolleyes:

He had a 2nd Pro day where he ran a 4.36-40 with a 4.31 shuttle and a 7.00 3-cone.

This was mentioned just after your snarky remarks..

In one of the articles that I read today, he states that he ran a 4.47 in the grass and in the rain, in front of scouts. That 40 time lead most of the NFL teams to start scouting him.

edit: This one.
View attachment 28494

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

Are you really citing to Wikipedia as a legitimate source for this sort of thing, which you're not supposed to be discussing here in the first place?

Kinsey , I now see he has a couple of 40 times , if it is another rags to riches story then good for him...lets see.

That's pretty slick.. Especially at 6'1.. Hopefully that translates onto the field and he can learn route running from two of the best in Brown and Edelman..

Pretty close to Edelman’s 3 cone time. o_O

So this D3 player is better that J Thomas?! Come on BB!!!

Given the differences in their respective physique Thomas that "that D3 player" clearly would not have the same role. So, yes, it is entirely possible that the D3 player might be better in his particular role than Thomas while at the same time being less versatile and worse at many other things.

He had a 2nd Pro day where he ran a 4.36-40 with a 4.31 shuttle and a 7.00 3-cone.

This was mentioned just after your snarky remarks..

Those are pretty sick numbers. I think a lot of guys do not train correctly for the combine and then adjust for the pro day. The diff between 4.65 and 4.36 is massive. I would guess his natural speed is somewhere in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes