PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Practice Squad and IR Moves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He barely participated in any practices, I'm not too shocked. You'd think they might want a guy with that natural talent at least on the practice squad though. Who can say, he's definitely had a checkered history. May not have been a fit.

If he had shown anything in the couple of practices he had they would have moved him to the PS. Maybe just bad timing by not making it on the field or maybe he really is just another UDFA.

Both Rohrwasser and Folk to the PS. Maybe the competition wasn't settled enough for Bill. Personally, I think that means neither of them are the answer, but it sure appears that the team is set on using one of them to start the season.
Maybe he activates them both.
Folk takes the routine kicks, rookie kicks off takes the long kicks and gets game experience it mop up time.

I'm guessing that any reports regarding the IR will come after 4PM..

Doesn't sound like he impressed too much.

The UDFA's impressed patsfans posters and media, as is the norm.

This year is indeed different. None made the 53. None were claimed on waivers. Yes, having no pre-season made a difference. However, that fact was also true for players like Onwenu and Herron. They made the 53.

Devin Ross, Jake Burt and Nick Thurman to the PS..

Last edited:
Interesting that Folk might be PS bound. Was his initial contract small enough that this makes logistical sense (I never bothered with the figure)? If so, this is actually an excellent way of protecting a "real" player by keeping a content P/K on the PS in a season where you can get away with it.

This could actually be a more heady version of the usual "I'll cut you for a few hours so that I can IR this other guy, then bring you back" move.

Interesting that Folk might be PS bound. Was his initial contract small enough that this makes logistical sense (I never bothered with the figure)? If so, this is actually an excellent way of protecting a "real" player by keeping a content P/K on the PS in a season where you can get away with it.

This could actually be a more heady version of the usual "I'll cut you for a few hours so that I can IR this other guy, then bring you back" move.

His salary is just over $1M so even if he plays Sunday locking in his yearly salary, it's insignificant. Good insurance while they groom or eliminate the kid kicker on the PS.

I have learned my lesson trying to read tea leaves and deduce intentions but to me it sounds like they like Rohrwasser but he is just not ready yet for whatever reason. Could be mental, could be physical.

Sounds like Folk will start the season and Rohrwasser might take over at some point (or stay on the PS if Folk unexpectedly keeps nailing it).
I think it was Daniels who reported that he was dealing with an injury, so perhaps that affected his performance and assessment. In any event, it appears that BB has not made a final decision as yet.

His salary is just over $1M so even if he plays Sunday locking in his yearly salary, it's insignificant. Good insurance while they groom or eliminate the kid kicker on the PS.

So, given that money situation, keeping a content vet K on the PS in this bizarre season allows BB to keep a young player from being exposed to poaching. And he can still call up that kicker for every game.

Shrewd.

Congrats to either @reamer or maybe @long distance who mentioned Isiah Zuber a couple times after the draft. It seems like he made it to the PS over Hastings and Thomas.

If it was someone else.. mea culpa..

5 More:

Man, I want MJ back, just for the jokes.

Congrats to either @reamer or maybe @long distance who mentioned Isiah Zuber a couple times after the draft. It seems like he made it to the PS over Hastings and Thomas.

If it was someone else.. mea culpa..

Sweet, I definitely spoke a few times about liking what I see on tape from Zuber after his signing. He seems to have very good body control IMO. I am intrigued by him and glad he's sticking around for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back