PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Practice Squad and IR Moves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super. Bowl.

Last edited:
Guess you and @Ross12 were who I was only vaguely recalling then. 1-2 made a real good case about him a few months back.

Jeff Thomas just looked very smooth in his route running in addition to good speed. If someone was actually thinking of him as a speed merchant then they were definitely looking at the wrong person.
I made a few comments on him, I feel like at least a couple other guys definitely pounded the table in favor of him too. I really like his tape a lot, I'm hopeful about his future. Maybe he can be called up at some point this season. He didn't get a lot of play in camp.

So this D3 player is better that J Thomas?! Come on BB!!!

probably not, but he would like to see
He could be gone in a couple of days. I see no issue with trying.
Yes, we need player significantly better than Thomas, who has been found wanting.

Worrying about the bottom members of the Practice Squad is a strong way to evaluate the team.
That’s an unusually twisted interpretation of that post.

Umm. Gunner ?
Allegedly, he has an undisclosed injury of some sort..wouldn’t he be eligible to return after a couple weeks?

Allegedly, he has an undisclosed injury of some sort..wouldn’t he be eligible to return after a couple weeks?
Thats a tough blow. Edelman is still recovering from 2 offseason surgeries.
Harris will now likely start season on IR.
Thats 2 key offensive players Cam will be missing to start the season.
BB is planning to cut JE's minutes to keep him fresh and Gunner is one of the top guys to spell him.
Good news is Harris should be good soon.
Cam and the O will improve as the season progresses and they get more time together, as will the D. But theres gonna be growing pains. Lot of key starters from last years #1 D missing being replaced by a couple rookies, among others.
By late in the season, this team will be much better than they are early, injuries notwithstanding.

Tashawn Bower was also added to the practice squad, but wasn’t seen at today’s practice. The Patriots filled up the practice squad from their own 80-man roster, although that will change as outside players clear COVID testing in the coming days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes