PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Point Spreads for (almost) the whole season

this looks pretty damn safe to me:

New England Patriots (-3) at Carolina Panthers

Head scratcher. Patriots should win that one by double digits. Panthers just are a semi trendy pick because Newton gives them that star people can pin their hopes to. At least that is the closest explanation I can think of.

Are you serious? First off, Tom Brady will be Tom Brady against their defense, our running game should dominate them, our coach should outcoach their coach, Vereen, Amendola, Ridley, Gronk, Ballard, Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins, is plenty to score with. I can even see a few swing passes to Leon Washington here and there. Matt Ryan I'm sure will be going against a much improved NE defense and will be facing Aqib Talib and Alfonzo Dennard on the outside, but Jamie Collins, a 2nd year Chandler Jones and Don'ta Hightower rushing after him. This game will be a good one, but I can't possibly see how you had the balls to just say that.

I do.

It is a good team, at their home. You try to play .500 ball in such cases. If true, the line should be PK or in Atlanta's favor by home field 3. It is early in the season, before the new WRs have settled in. Possibly, but doubtful, that Gronkowski may be just rounding into shape and not quite the Gronk.

I'd stay away from this game and the Texans game at the Texans, who will thirsting for revenge after we humiliated them last season. It has been my experience that the humiliated team often wins the rematch. Football is a game where emotions can sway everything.

Cinncinatti are not the Bungles anymore, either. They are for real, own the Ravens, and will win the AFCN.

patriots -3 at Carolina

Patriots -4 at jets

patriots -3 at Carolina

Patriots -4 at jets

i am all over those two. Won't be doing much betting this year...FF to a big chunk of change from me this year

I do.

It is a good team, at their home. You try to play .500 ball in such cases. If true, the line should be PK or in Atlanta's favor by home field 3. It is early in the season, before the new WRs have settled in. Possibly, but doubtful, that Gronkowski may be just rounding into shape and not quite the Gronk.

I'd stay away from this game and the Texans game at the Texans, who will thirsting for revenge after we humiliated them last season. It has been my experience that the humiliated team often wins the rematch. Football is a game where emotions can sway everything.

Cinncinatti are not the Bungles anymore, either. They are for real, own the Ravens, and will win the AFCN.

My experience is that many people think the humiliated team will win the rematch, but most times they don't because they were humiliated usually because they aren't as good. But once in a while they do win and those are the only ones remembered as proof it happens.

Its like the phenomena where people say when the announcer says 'he's made 20 in a row' he always misses. The fact is if its a 90% proposition like a FG or a Ray Allen free throw, 9 times out of 10 they make it and no one says anything but the one time they miss, everyone says 'see the jinx is true'.

Three rookie WRs
One returning WR (Edelman)
JAG TEs while waiting out Gronk
Dennard suspension (potentially)
BB's bend but don't break D philosophy
Regression to the norm re: D turnovers
Betting against NE doesn't seem too far fetched

oh look who it is..mr optimistic

and now point out the good...oh wait..you can't that's right

oh look who it is..mr optimistic

Exactly! He forgot to mention our putrid Offense which scored 13 points in the AFCCG and 14 point against the same team at home 3 years prior in a wild card game. And of course 14 and 17 points in the last 2 Superbowls.

And people blame the D? LOL

We should't have any rookies either. Just proven good players. 2007 we had one retuning WR. Gronk will be starting so I dont care about these JAG TE who are solid depth behind him. Why would Dennard get suspended? Godell hasnt suspended players who have done worse.

Why would Dennard get suspended? Godell hasnt suspended players who have done worse.

The team itself has stated that they are preparing for, and expecting a suspension handed down by Goodell.

If you're just looking at 1st time DUI offenders you'd be right, but the probation violation makes it much stickier of a situation, along with the fact that it's getting a good amount of attention. There's also the fact that he skated on the assualt charge in terms of NFL punishment, which shouldn't be taken into account but common sense kind of points to it coming up in the mind of Goodell.

Patriots | Preparing for Alfonzo Dennard to be punished - NFL Hot off the Wire

The team itself has stated that they are preparing for, and expecting a suspension handed down by Goodell.

If you're just looking at 1st time DUI offenders you'd be right, but the probation violation makes it much stickier of a situation, along with the fact that it's getting a good amount of attention. There's also the fact that he skated on the assualt charge in terms of NFL punishment, which shouldn't be taken into account but common sense kind of points to it coming up in the mind of Goodell.

Patriots | Preparing for Alfonzo Dennard to be punished - NFL Hot off the Wire

Great! Well, we can survive with KA and DMac and maybe if RID can actually stay healthy. If he is here at some point I am not worried.

Are you serious? First off, Tom Brady will be Tom Brady against their defense, our running game should dominate them, our coach should outcoach their coach, Vereen, Amendola, Ridley, Gronk, Ballard, Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins, is plenty to score with. I can even see a few swing passes to Leon Washington here and there. Matt Ryan I'm sure will be going against a much improved NE defense and will be facing Aqib Talib and Alfonzo Dennard on the outside, but Jamie Collins, a 2nd year Chandler Jones and Don'ta Hightower rushing after him. This game will be a good one, but I can't possibly see how you had the balls to just say that.

You're entitled to your opinion.

I just don't like the matchup, in their house, especially with our defense vs all their weapons on offense.

Felt the same way going into the Saints game in 09 and we saw how that turned out.

Great! Well, we can survive with KA and DMac and maybe if RID can actually stay healthy. If he is here at some point I am not worried.

Absolutely.

I totally agree with your thoughts that borg is way too pessimistic and that this particular scenario shouldn't come too much into focus. I was just stating the thoughts that have been reported on the Dennard situation.

As a matter of fact, it's a possibility that the team may just end up giving him a 1-2 game conduct sit down which often happens too. In most cases the league is satisfied with something like that, and no further action needs to be taken. Either way you look at it, I don't believe it will be more than 2 games myself, although anything is possible.

You're entitled to your opinion.

I just don't like the matchup, in their house, especially with our defense vs all their weapons on offense.

Felt the same way going into the Saints game in 09 and we saw how that turned out.

You are correct that a road game vs a good team is a challenge.

I don't buy the last comment unless you are saying that is the only time you have ever felt that way and are 100% with that feeling coming true.

You are correct that a road game vs a good team is a challenge.

I don't buy the last comment unless you are saying that is the only time you have ever felt that way and are 100% with that feeling coming true.

I thought the Saints game wasn't a good matchup and unless the D is ready to take it to the next level, this isn't a good matchup either.

Again JMO

Overs for days!

Normally I'd agree entirely--and you very well may be right again this year.

Two aspects to keep an eye on would be the offensive production and thought that we may slip off a bit in average point production, and also how much the defense improves.

I'd tend to think that you'd be right more often than you'd be wrong no matter what though, but personally I'm going to wait a bit before hammering the overs every week.

NFL is catered to the O...every year the scores seem to get higher and higher ( overs of course)...i missed it when the CBs could get up in the WRs without seeing a flag

Go ahead and do it. You'll end up sitting outside your local WalMart with a tin cup and a monkey.

You think he will win enough to buy himself a monkey?

NFL is catered to the O...every year the scores seem to get higher and higher ( overs of course)...

Obviously you're right, but the one drawback of course would be that the totals increase also and that tends to even things out a bit.

I certainly don't disagree that taking the overs is a fine play. I'm just pointing out some of the aspects that may change a bit this year, and that could affect our scores a bit.

You think he will win enough to buy himself a monkey?

I have to admit that if I saw someone with a monkey and a tin cup sitting in front of my local Wal-Mart, I'd be quite compelled to give him a few bucks.

Obviously you're right, but the one drawback of course would be that the totals increase also and that tends to even things out a bit.

I certainly don't disagree that taking the overs is a fine play. I'm just pointing out some of the aspects that may change a bit this year, and that could affect our scores a bit.

oh i know..overs now on some games are just stupid...like the pats/saints game and pats and den game..the overs will be high..very high regardless of how the Ds are becasue those teams will score with how they have at QB.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back