PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Patriots OFFICIAL Draft Day thread - Night 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I really just read a grown man telling another grown man that he has a "potty mouth" on the f.ucking Internet?

An Internet kind of potty mouth: snark and disparagement and attempted humiliation of those whom one disagrees with is cheap and even obscene in my opinion. DI dishes out ad hom snark in a high percentage of his posts. It's now who he is. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be called out on it.

If the Pats could swing another trade to move into Round 2 for a second pick in that round, I would think they would have to strongly consider a trade with the Saints for a 2021 Round 1 pick. You'd have to think the N.O. pick would be in the 20s or 30s, but even at that the Pats could gain excellent flexibility for moves in one year to add some true impact players.

I just don't see adding 13 guys to the current roster, including I guess it would be 8 from Day 3, as being the right move/greatly improving the team's prospects for this coming season.

Last edited:
Analysis of likely 2020 Patriots signal callers (listed in order of preference):
==============
On roster:

Jarrett Stidham
Brian Hoyer

Analysis: I never felt that Stidham really beat out Hoyer...the decision to send Hoyer packing was more the coaches saying, "Jarrett is as good as Hoyer, on a rookie deal, and we don't need a 3rd QB".

====================
Available in the draft:

Jake Fromm
Jacob Eason
Jalen Hurts
James Morgan

Analysis: I could see Jalen Hurts coming here...but I think I am reasonably confident that Stidham with one season under his belt likely can hold off these guys in a QB competition.
==========
Available in FA:

Cam Newton
Jameis Winston
Andy Dalton

If we sign/trade for one of these guys, we would need the cap space to do so....but they would be coming in to start...not to compete for a job, IMO.

=============

I hope Stidham is the REAL deal.....but we will find out although last night was a vote of confidence....

We would have the slowest offense in the nfl if we drafted Higgins

I’m intrigued by idea of trading Thuney to Miami for Rosen and a 3rd (#70).

With 5 picks in the top 100, we’re well positioned to address a number of needs. I like idea of trading down in 1st rd (always have) but the key is picking the right guy.

An Internet kind of potty mouth: snark and disparagement and attempted humiliation of those whom one disagrees with is cheap and even obscene in my opinion. DI dishes out ad hom snark in a high percentage of his posts. It's now who he is. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be called out on it.

This from the guy posting "WOAT" in an attempt to snarkily disparage and/or humiliate those with whom he disagrees

lol.gif

So a second or first to Bill next year that crazy bastard may find a way to get Lawrence

Would certainly trade with the Saints at 37 for #88 and a 1st next year. Tough division and Brees is fading, there's a chance the wheels come off.

Would certainly trade with the Saints at 37 for #88 and a 1st next year. Tough division and Brees is fading, there's a chance the wheels come off.

That pick would be in the high 20s unless you think the pats will be miserable this coming season which might be the case.

I think we are going safety. I LOVE Devin and Chung but they are old in football years and we gave away Harmon. I'm not a big fan of us drafting db in the second round because we haven't had good luck such as Duke Dawson etc but that is where I believe we are going.

Safety may be the value at 37, or not. In any case, we do need a safety.

Davis or Fotu , best OT available , Kmet/Trautman/Claypool any mix of these would make me happy .....or I am too easily pleased

Happy day 2 to all

Some folks here think Belichick actively hurt Brady's career; the last Philly superbowl (LII) being a good argument for that. Brady's winning only 6 in 20 years is taken as evidence that Belichick held him back from even greater GOAT-ness. The Coach/GM who had the GOAT could only win 6 superbowls in 20 years, so he was the anti-Brady, hence the Worst Of All Time.
I know you’re being sarcastic, but it’s the damn truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back