PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Patriots OFFICIAL Draft Day thread - Night 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dobson separated pretty well in college (albeit against MAC cover guys) and actually did pretty well in the pros, he was just never on the field and had lingering foot issues. Harry was intended, I think, as a Cordarrelle Patterson replacement so separation wasn't really a top consideration.
I'm not disagreeing, Prime, as the Patterson comparison has been made a few times. But I also wonder if the Pats fell in love with what Gordon was able to provide before his suspension the year before - contested catches, slant/over the middle tough catches, box out and leaping abilities - where Brady didn't necessarily need a ton of separation to want to make the throw, and they thought Harry would be perfect.

He has a ways to go, I'm certainly not giving up on the kid. Let's see what he does in year two.

Last edited:
That may be true but the likelihood of them using all five of their 2nd/3rd round picks is low. If you listen to Caserio, they are poised to bundle some picks to move up. He referenced the possibility of only taking two players tonight.

Gee I hope not and would be horrified. I would personally drive Caserio out of town. :mad:

This is going to give ChrisR2223 a semi, if not full wood (not Conley wood, perhaps, but respectable stiffness).

I also wouldn't hate it if Pats made a play for him. I would give them our 5th (they probably would say no) or maybe even one of our late 4ths. .

Last edited:
To the poster above looks like he's rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Brady made this guy's entire career.

Chronicling Josh McDaniels’s Expanding Wake of Self-Destruction

Nobody cares that you're mad at McDaniels. The issue is that you're posting falsehoods in your attempt to malign him.

Your comment about McDaniels and WRs doesn't show McDaniels is a problem. It shows that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. And that's not a McDaniels problem, or a "poster above looks like he's rubbed a lot of people the wrong way" problem. That's a "DropKickFlutie is talking out of his ass" problem.

I'm not disagreeing, Prime, as the Patterson comparison has been made a few times. But I also wonder if the Pats feel in love with what Gordon was able to provide before his suspension the year before - contested catches, slant/over the middle tough catches, box out and leaping abilities - where Brady didn't necessarily need a ton of separation to want to make the throw, and they thought Harry would be perfect.

He has a ways to go, I'm certainly not giving up on the kid. Let's see what he does in year two.

Think Patterson was a huge and underappreciated part of the offense in 2018 and they looked at Harry as like a Super Patterson who could do all he could with sweeps and screens and forcing certain defensive shifts to take him into consideration, while also (unlike Patterson) being a legitimate threat as a receiver. The former was at least promising last year, the latter remains to be seen.

BB needs to figure out what everyone else already knows, which is that the Patriots don't have LBs who can cover. Trading down and drafting more LBs that can't cover isn't going to help this team.

I agree. While he's not Murray, Baun is still available. He can cover and has some of the most fluid hips of any LB in this draft.

As a Penn State homer...of course want Matos and/or Hamler (Speed alone) on the Pats.

Hamler will be a steal for someone depending on where he goes that is. Had a bad pro day but man will he open up the field.

As a Penn State homer...of course want Matos and/or Hamler (Speed alone) on the Pats.

Hamler will be a steal for someone depending on where he goes that is. Had a bad pro day but man will he open up the field.

I've seen fans from a lot of teams pointing to Hamler as a wanted pick.

BB needs to figure out what everyone else already knows, which is that the Patriots don't have LBs who can cover. Trading down and drafting more LBs that can't cover isn't going to help this team.

WOAT!

Not at all. But BB has always been a big LB guy. In the changing league, teams are targeting that.

This isn't news to you, is it?

I didn't watch a lot of Penn State but read that Hamler had bad hands. Is that true?

That may be true but the likelihood of them using all five of their 2nd/3rd round picks is low. If you listen to Caserio, they are poised to bundle some picks to move up. He referenced the possibility of only taking two players tonight.
TWO players tonight out of FIVE Day 2 picks?!? That would be a FAIL of massive, historic proportions...

P.S.: What does WOAT mean?

Think Patterson was a huge and underappreciated part of the offense in 2018 and they looked at Harry as like a Super Patterson who could do all he could with sweeps and screens and forcing certain defensive shifts to take him into consideration, while also (unlike Patterson) being a legitimate threat as a receiver. The former was at least promising last year, the latter remains to be seen.

He did a lot of thinking on the field. That's never good and that's why he ran fades pretty well and not much else. That should change this year and it helps that Josh knows that and has the patience of a saint.

Why this assumption that McDaniels has a huge say in draft choices? BB, Caserio, and Kraft should be the only ones with said imput.

I didn't watch a lot of Penn State but read that Hamler had bad hands. Is that true?

They weren't the best, but if the ball does stay in his hands, he's completely lethal. He can also line up at the X, Y, or Z for us. I'd also expect them to try to work him in as a returner.

I agree. While he's not Murray, Baun is still available. He can cover and has some of the most fluid hips of any LB in this draft.
If that's who the Pats are hoping for, they might have to move up to the top of the second. if so, they are close enough to do so.

Not at all. But BB has always been a big LB guy. In the changing league, teams are targeting that.

"BB needs to figure out what everyone else already knows" is directly disparaging of BB's competence. But you're being snarky isn't news to anyone. Thanks for expanding on what you meant, but of course you can't close without more snark. You're smart and know a ton about football. Too bad you have the potty mouth.

BB seems to have been chasing that big Safety to fill the role of a coverage LB for years now. Maybe he should just draft a coverage LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back