PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Patriots OFFICIAL Draft Day thread - Night 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like this will be the '09 draft all over again. Tons of pick very little to show for it.

Belichick must love the depth in this draft for him to pulled a move like that.

Given where our team is, we need lots of good players more than one very good player. Chances are we use the remaining picks to move up or down based on who Bill sees on the board that he likes.

Lord knows we need lots of good players.
We are getting probably two good players, and a few bench warmers or busts out of it instead of one great player. This draft isn't going to move the needle it just fills the roster for 8-8. Weeeee

Hopefully BB can trade up in round 2 and grab more great picks like the last two years of Dawson ( traded for a 6th rd pick ) and Jo Juan “large amount of marijuana” Williams.

Here we go again.

With the second round pick the Patriots draft Michael Richards.....

upload_2020-4-23_23-8-50.jpeg

Did someone tell Bill he is related to Jordon?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Except for missing out on all this anticipated player coverage, I totally love the trade... just what I dreamed of.... we have 7 solid picks from the early second to the middle forth. Swell!!!

Ashtyn Davis, Ezra Cleveland, Isaiah Wilson, Josh Jones, Grant Delpit, Cole Kmet, Brandon Aiyuk, Patrick Queen, Denzel Mims, Cesar Ruiz could all be there at #37.

Wanted Murray or love hate this move...

Except for missing out on all this anticipated player coverage, I totally love the trade... just what I dreamed of.... we have 7 solid picks from the early second to the middle forth. Swell!!!

Awesome!

And who did they take in the first?

Where this "they can take the same player from #23 at #37" came from? It's almost half a round.

Ashtyn Davis, Ezra Cleveland, Isaiah Wilson, Josh Jones, Grant Delpit, Cole Kmet, Brandon Aiyuk, Patrick Queen, Denzel Mims, Cesar Ruiz could all be there at #37.

Nope

Isn't the 2nd round usually our WTF pick?

Bill seems to be much more willing to take a chance in the second round, be it injury history or something he thinks he sees and we don’t. The first rounder is usually reserved for a safer bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes