PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots not receiving serious offers for 3rd pick

The fact they want to trade down for the right offer tells me they are not convinced about all of the top 4 qbs otherwise they would invest the third overall pick imo

Or the other explanation could be that they feel sure that mccarthy for example is still there at 8-11

In this hypothetical, if all those teams are so desperately trying to get Maye... I'd feel even more inclined to just draft the guy.
Minnesota: "Fine, fine, we'll send you all four firsts AND Darrisaw!!!"

Wolf: "Damn this guy is pretty good huh? You've sold me, I'm drafting him!"

The fact they want to trade down for the right offer tells me they are not convinced about all of the top 4 qbs otherwise they would invest the third overall pick imo

Or the other explanation could be that they feel sure that mccarthy for example is still there at 8-11
the other explanation is that this is all Draft Week hype

BTW, there is no possible way they should feel sure that McCarthy will be there at 8-11. He isn't getting past 6. Either the Giants would pick him or they would trade the pick for someone who would. That is lowest spot. I expect that the chargers would trade down first.

the real trade offers wont happen until thursday.

right now, its strategerey - teams calling around to see what is in play.
Somehow; I don’t think it works that way.

Any offer they get after Wed 18:00 is as unserious as the „laughable „ offers received so far. Just ones seeking a desperate partner.

IIRC, in the few videos of BB trading down; it was always the same:
(1). BB asks the other team: „is the player you want still there?“
(2). Ok, yes; then the deal as we discussed?

Anyone serious is going to plan this out.

You can’t realistically think a corporation can make a multimillion $ decision with multiple moves & implications, analyzing from scratch with a 15 minute chess clock running down.
That is laughable in my mind.

IMO, any serious trade is well coordinated (at least the pick # framework) more than 24-hrs out.

Minnesota GM is likely waiting as long as possible to see if asking price comes down.
They know NE is willing to trade the pick but perhaps are hoping desperation will result in discount pricing.

Here is hoping Wolfe holds firm and if his price is not there, use the pick

If he likes Maye take Maye
If he does not like Maye but likes JJM, take JJM
If he likes neither take MHJ

Somehow; I don’t think it works that way.

Any offer they get after Wed 18:00 is as unserious as the „laughable „ offers received so far. Just ones seeking a desperate partner.

IIRC, in the few videos of BB trading down; it was always the same:
(1). BB asks the other team: „is the player you want still there?“
(2). Ok, yes; then the deal as we discussed?

Anyone serious is going to plan this out.

You can’t realistically think a corporation can make a multimillion $ decision with multiple moves & implications, analyzing from scratch with a 15 minute chess clock running down.
That is laughable in my mind.

IMO, any serious trade is well coordinated (at least the pick # framework) more than 24-hrs out.
First you have to find out who is a serious trade partner. That's what the calls are about right now.

Once the team that trades up gets an idea of who is willing to work with them, then it's on them to prep their trade packages and begin the convo in earnest. Too many moving parts right now, too many looking to trade up jockeying for position...

And for the sellers, it benefits them to wait, maximizing their return... You sell early, you are invariably selling short

Least that's how I see it... Ymmv

First you have to find out who is a serious trade partner. That's what the calls are about right now.

Once the team that trades up gets an idea of who is willing to work with them, then it's on them to prep their trade packages and begin the convo in earnest. Too many moving parts right now, too many looking to trade up jockeying for position...

And for the sellers, it benefits them to wait, maximizing their return... You sell early, you are invariably selling short

Least that's how I see it... Ymmv
Don’t disagree w what you say here.

Just disagree w the timing you implied in your previous post. Those „moving parts“ you talk about can’t be coordinated on a clock. It needs to be pre-orchestrated.

How much do the Pats really like Maye or Daniels if they are open to trading back?

They must not be too enthralled if they are considering it.

I think it just means that they do have a preference one way or the other.

Still not sure why they keep twerking to the entire NFL about trading that pick. If the QB prospects in this class isn't worth a top 3 pick, who would be? It's one thing to pick up the phone when someone calls, quite another to be on camera and talk about how they welcome offers any chance they get

It encourages someone to offer the bag: two firsts this year, one first next year, another good pick and a good player, or some variant of that.

We would still need to draft a QB. But it’d be a less exciting one.
I think Wolf and Co. are eventually going to take Maye.
I believe all the reports out there has been a big smokescreen
Kraft wants Daniels, Wolf and Mayo wants JJ, AVP and Mcadoo wants Maye but we could be willing to trade down.

I think they want Maye.
Don't want to tip there hand to Washington or anyone that can move up trading with Washington.
They also would be stupid if they did not see what kind of haul they could get for the pick
So they throw all 3 QB’s as someone they may take to draw in all trade partners.
If a team offered 3 firsts and a quality WR/OT you might have to do it.

As I said at the end of the day and all the shananigans they take Maye

Kraft wants Daniels, Wolf and Mayo wants JJ, AVP and Mcadoo wants Maye but we could be willing to trade down.
2h9si8.jpg

It seems that the media has caught word, because I’m now seeing stuff like three 1sts and a 3rd from the Vikings. I don’t think they realize that an extra 3rd is only something like 3% of an increase on the overall trade value.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back