PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Monday 12/4/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.
This is an irritating answer. Why not play him at LB like many of us were hoping for? And if he’s primarily a safety why draft him with all the depth when we have plenty of other positions lacking depth?

Mapu can’t come up and meet guards at the line of scrimmage and shed them like Bentley, he’s a strong safety not a linebacker.

Duggar is in a contract year, that’s why you draft his potential replacement.

If he held the ball five seconds on those sacks was it a breakdown in blocking or in scheme, getting receivers open, recognizing open receivers?

If he held the ball five seconds on those sacks was it a breakdown in blocking or in scheme, getting receivers open, recognizing open receivers?
It was just one sack (the roll out) that was truly 5 seconds - he just thought he was speedy Lamar or something. The other 4 were where he realized someone's about to sack him after less than 2 secs then holds on for dear life for another couple of secs until he goes down.

This is an irritating answer. Why not play him at LB like many of us were hoping for? And if he’s primarily a safety why draft him with all the depth when we have plenty of other positions lacking depth?

I agree. I saw him playing LB. Picking him made sense. Only way this makes sense is if they didnt feel like they were going to re-sign Duggar.

Mapu can’t come up and meet guards at the line of scrimmage and shed them like Bentley, he’s a strong safety not a linebacker.

Duggar is in a contract year, that’s why you draft his potential replacement.
seems to lack instinct, standing around watching things happen.

seems to lack instinct, standing around watching things happen.
Felt a little like that about Peppers. Then he really turned it on. In fact, this might be the best year of his career…

Not saying it’ll click for Mapu, but making too many assumptions early in a career can be iffy.

More good news for our Offense I can smell the #1 Overall. :rofl:
Smelling United GIF

Juju is amazing dude laterally does nothing and gets injured. :rolleyes: I hope our next regime is serious about eating some dead money. I don't want to see the likes of Juju and Parker on our next Team we can do so much better. :mad:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back