PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Minicamp 6-8-2022

What a load of BS… I didn’t call out posters by name but a large contingent called BB getting scooped by the Bears for Fields a complete failure and saying things like all hope was lost when Mac was picked… I suppose you skipped over those.

Here’s a sampling from the three pages after the Bears took Fields…

Fields was within reach if he's gone I hope we enjoy the 5 years of average cornerback play we'll get out of the CB we overdraft. Yes I'm salty.

Bill blew it, god ****ing damn it

Trade down and go get a QB later. Jones is a not a 1st round talent.

Patriots blow their future.

Guys we have cam Newton we are going places....smh bill. Lucky as hell he had brady

Mac Jones is Jarrett Stidham. 3rd rounder at best. We will have outsmarted ourselves if we take that guy

Mac Jones sucks

You okay, poster X? - Poster 1
Nope - poster 2
I feel ya. Let’s pray we’re wrong and Jones turns out to be the better prospect... if we even take him. - Poster 1

A 1, 4, and 5 is nothing if this man is a franchise quarterback. I will not forgive BB if Fields turns out to be good.

Sorry, i dont want Jones. Even if i dont want Cam either.

You must have missed those…. laughable.
These must be the same guys from the GDT. They aren't bright at any point in the year

2012 was WW, Lloyd, JE and Branch. They carried 4 TEs in Gronk, AH, Hoo and Fells. Shiancoe was on b/c of Gronk being hurt

Develin played 1 game.

Point is they will carry only 4 WRs not including Slater.
Donte' Stallworth got hurt.
Greg Salas came for a tryout.
Kamar Aiken special teamer played some O snaps.
Julian Edelman got hurt.
Deion Branch was toast.
Matthew Slater special teamer played some O snaps.
Wes Welker was an iron man.
Brandon Lloyd played a lot, and got worse as he went along.

It wasn't for a lack of trying in 2012, it was a MASH unit. Without Slater they still started off the season with plenty of WR's.

I think they'll carry 5 WR's without counting Slater in 2022.

I certainly don't want to argue about it, and a lot of this will be special team's dependent anyway. Wilkerson earned playing time last year on special teams which earned him snaps on offense by season's end. Some of these young guys will have to prove they can make tackles and cover punts to make the team.

I think assuming health, there will be a trade at WR by season's end... beyond possibly Harry. They have a lot of talented guys and only so many roster spots if everyone exits preseason healthy.

Calling Nick Wright a moron is insulting to morons. Nick's claim to fame is he'll do anything for clicks.
I would say most of the national media bash Mac and expect him to not improve and be leapfrogged by the 4 QB's picked in front of him as they inevitably improve while he stays still or even regresses. Here's another moron claiming that Mac reached his ceiling in game 4 of last year and stopped improving:

And I would guess that a sizeable number of the posters on this board would still rather have any of the 4 QB's picked before him. Never seen anything like the disrespect Mac engenders.

Donte' Stallworth got hurt.
Greg Salas came for a tryout.
Kamar Aiken special teamer played some O snaps.
Julian Edelman got hurt.
Deion Branch was toast.
Matthew Slater special teamer played some O snaps.
Wes Welker was an iron man.
Brandon Lloyd played a lot, and got worse as he went along.

It wasn't for a lack of trying in 2012, it was a MASH unit. Without Slater they still started off the season with plenty of WR's.

I think they'll carry 5 WR's without counting Slater in 2022.

I certainly don't want to argue about it, and a lot of this will be special team's dependent anyway. Wilkerson earned playing time last year on special teams which earned him snaps on offense by season's end. Some of these young guys will have to prove they can make tackles and cover punts to make the team.

I think assuming health, there will be a trade at WR by season's end... beyond possibly Harry. They have a lot of talented guys and only so many roster spots if everyone exits preseason healthy.
I tend to agree they will carry 5 WR this year and possibly 6.

I'm not sure I agree with Jonnu now being the FB. Hes more of a H-Back as opposed to the traditional Develin/Jakob battering ram role.

My only point is they are not always locked into 5-6 WRs, 3-4 TEs. It's always based on the talent they have which can produce and which players can produce in the system.

...And I would guess that a sizeable number of the posters on this board would still rather have any of the 4 QB's picked before him. Never seen anything like the disrespect Mac engenders.

The only QB I would take ahead of Mac as of today is Trevor Lawrence, who was also the only QB on whom I would've spent assets of any significance to acquire last year... The others were all in the same general group for one reason or another...

I tend to agree they will carry 5 WR this year and possibly 6.

I'm not sure I agree with Jonnu now being the FB. Hes more of a H-Back as opposed to the traditional Develin/Jakob battering ram role.
Potato/potaato
My only point is they are not always locked into 5-6 WRs, 3-4 TEs. It's always based on the talent they have which can produce and which players can produce in the system.
I agree it's fluid and personnel dependent. Camp injuries could determine this more than a desire to roster X amount of players. That being said, assuming everyone exits camp healthy and the young guys develop, I think with no FB they'll want to roster 4 TE's. Henry has an injury history and TE's are notoriously difficult to keep healthy if they're actually asked to block... this assuming Asiasi and Keene both look good in preseason.

The only QB I would take ahead of Mac as of today is Trevor Lawrence, who was also the only QB on whom I would've spent assets of any significance to acquire last year... The others were all in the same general group for one reason or another...
....and if Mac out performs TL - which IMO is likely we will all be wrong.

From these limited reports the offense looks solid except the offensive has question marks. It might work out with the OL, but I feel WR, TE, RB, and most importantly QB are covered.

I agree and I wouldn't trade Mac for any of the other QBs in his draft class.
I was watching video of Trey Lance throw the other day. I'm dubious he ever makes it unless he completely retools his mechanics.

Potato/potaato

I agree it's fluid and personnel dependent. Camp injuries could determine this more than a desire to roster X amount of players. That being said, assuming everyone exits camp healthy and the young guys develop, I think with no FB they'll want to roster 4 TE's. Henry has an injury history and TE's are notoriously difficult to keep healthy if they're actually asked to block... this assuming Asiasi and Keene both look good in preseason.
I think this hits close the root of Gronk's unhappiness with the Pats. I understand he's been asked to do less blocking the past couple years (something I heard/read, don't have any data).

I think this hits close the root of Gronk's unhappiness with the Pats. I understand he's been asked to do less blocking the past couple years (something I heard/read, don't have any data).
Blocking requires more energy IMO then running a route and catching but he took a lot of devastating hits while receiving.

Well that and money... the Patriots are notoriously frugal. They pay what a player's worth but not a penny over and they make the player and agent jump through hoops to prove they're willing to fight for it.

The Pats from 2014 on were "all in," and using current player's contracts like Gronk as a slush fund to pay for rings. He can dislike how it ended, but I bet he won't be returning any of those rings. Years from now when it's all over, and the sting of how it ended fades... both Gronk and Tom will look at the rings on their fingers and realize it was all worth it.

Happy Nba Playoffs GIF by NBA

I read through that thread. Nobody called taking Mac at #15 a reach. The vast majority of posters were happy with the pick. Some posters preferred other QBs but even those were OK with the pick. A few posters wanted another player picked but were OK with Mac. Quite a few expected a trade back.

Conclusion: your take is FALSE.
False, eh? Wrong AGAIN. I’ve got some to add to your list @Wozzy.

“Why wasn't Nick Saban in the Pats War Room? This was his pick as much as anyone else's. God... this is gonna be so bad. PROVE ME WRONG, PLEASE... !”

“Hate the pick, hope I’m wrong about it. Think we blew it not moving up for Fields.”

BB will be fired by Kraft within 2 years.
Jones will flop when there is not the best players in the NCAA surrounding him. Waddle, Smith and Surtain all gone by 10 with more Bama players to follow.

Yeah... I remember when they called Tribusky "pro ready" too...

Is jones better than Ryan Mallet and Stidham?

Rick Mirer was the 2nd QB drafted back in the day. Highly touted. That was an epic fail.
This dude is the 5th QB drafted?! And he is supposed to be good? WTF?
Should have drafted a linebacker or defensive end that can actually pressure the QB instead.

This guy is a statue in the pocket. The Bills are gonna kill him

The Homers are loving it. Mac Jones likes fried clams and Italian subs. Ice coffee too.

I nailed the Harry is a BUST pick from day one. Im dead on the money about Mac as well.

Mac Jones may never start a game for the Pats….Where does Mac Jones fit in? I think trade material.

I will call out one poster in particular….@Triumph, because of his incredible (incorrect) douchebaggery throughout the thread. It appears, however, that he may no longer be part of this site.

Last edited:
False, eh? Wrong AGAIN. I’ve got some to add to your list @Wozzy.

“Why wasn't Nick Saban in the Pats War Room? This was his pick as much as anyone else's. God... this is gonna be so bad. PROVE ME WRONG, PLEASE... !”

“Hate the pick, hope I’m wrong about it. Think we blew it not moving up for Fields.”

BB will be fired by Kraft within 2 years.
Jones will flop when there is not the best players in the NCAA surrounding him. Waddle, Smith and Surtain all gone by 10 with more Bama players to follow.

Yeah... I remember when they called Tribusky "pro ready" too...

Is jones better than Ryan Mallet and Stidham?

Rick Mirer was the 2nd QB drafted back in the day. Highly touted. That was an epic fail.
This dude is the 5th QB drafted?! And he is supposed to be good? WTF?
Should have drafted a linebacker or defensive end that can actually pressure the QB instead.

This guy is a statue in the pocket. The Bills are gonna kill him

The Homers are loving it. Mac Jones likes fried clams and Italian subs. Ice coffee too.

I nailed the Harry is a BUST pick from day one. Im dead on the money about Mac as well.

Mac Jones may never start a game for the Pats….Where does Mac Jones fit in? I think trade material.

I will call out one poster in particular….@Triumph, because of his incredible (incorrect) douchebaggery throughout the thread. It appears, however, that he may long longer be part of this site.

Oh he's still here. Never fear.

From these limited reports the offense looks solid except the offensive has question marks. It might work out with the OL, but I feel WR, TE, RB, and most importantly QB are covered.

WR still has more questions than answers for me.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back