Patriots' Kraft Blasts NFL Following Brady's Decision In Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Kraft Blasts NFL Following Brady's Decision In Statement

Ian Logue

Kraft released a statement Friday afternoon blasting the league for what he believes was far from a "fair and impartial process", and given the lack of evidence the fact that the league seemingly did all they could to go after him is something t

Continue reading...

Seeing Kraft with that azzclown is nauseating. I know Bob fancies himself as a "player" in the NFL court and that he is the smartest guy in the room. Kissing up to Roger is just good business, yada yada. Maybe Bob has forgotten that in 2000 the Pats were worth $464M, slightly above the NFL average of $423M.

Since then the Pats value has grown to $3.2B while the average NFL team is worth $2B. The simple math is that the excellence of Tom Brady has put another $1.2B in Krafts pockets!

Tom Brady has done more to increase the value and character of the Patriots than Bob Kraft, in spite of all of Bob's lip service to the Patriots "family way."

Seeing Kraft with that azzclown is nauseating. I know Bob fancies himself as a "player" in the NFL court and that he is the smartest guy in the room. Kissing up to Roger is just good business, yada yada. Maybe Bob has forgotten that in 2000 the Pats were worth $464M, slightly above the NFL average of $423M.

Since then the Pats value has grown to $3.2B while the average NFL team is worth $2B. The simple math is that the excellence of Tom Brady has put another $1.2B in Krafts pockets!

Yeah, Kraft has nothing to do with the Patriots increase in value, he has just gone along for the ride. What a riot.

Last edited:

$1b b/c of TB12 is a bit of a stretch.

Pats are a well-run big market team with a brilliant HC.

In 2000 Cowboys & Skins were valued at $740m. Boys as now $4b and Skins are $2.9b

Building and actually owning your own stadium was huge for Kraft and the valuation of the team

$1b b/c of TB12 is a bit of a stretch.

Pats are a well-run big market team with a brilliant HC.

In 2000 Cowboys & Skins were valued at $740m. Boys as now $4b and Skins are $2.9b

Building and actually owning your own stadium was huge for Kraft and the valuation of the team
I was going to ask how much the Pats will be worth once TB12 retires as we may have some .500 seasons if we don't get an above-average QB as a replacement. But I see that you dont' have to have a winning team (like the 'Skins and 'Boys) to have a huge value.

I was going to ask how much the Pats will be worth once TB12 retires as we may have some .500 seasons if we don't get an above-average QB as a replacement. But I see that you dont' have to have a winning team (like the 'Skins and 'Boys) to have a huge value.

Yea it's impossible to put a $ on it. I do believe that b/c of the impact TB12 has had on the winning and the SBs and his own marketing presence he has contributed to the team's valuation at some level but I just don't think it's $1.2b. Actually I think BB contributes more to the overall valuation than TB12 as I think with him they are still a winning team. 10-6, 9-7 and the occasional playoff game.

Overall a team's valuation is determined by tv market size and global reach, stadium purpose, revenue, real estate, corporate sponsorships, gate receipts and season tix and waiting list.

With that said, winning does have some impact on all of those which certainly TB12 has a big hand in.

Yea it's impossible to put a $ on it. I do believe that b/c of the impact TB12 has had on the winning and the SBs and his own marketing presence he has contributed to the team's valuation at some level but I just don't think it's $1.2b. Actually I think BB contributes more to the overall valuation than TB12 as I think with him they are still a winning team. 10-6, 9-7 and the occasional playoff game.

Overall a team's valuation is determined by tv market size and global reach, stadium purpose, revenue, real estate, corporate sponsorships, gate receipts and season tix and waiting list.

With that said, winning does have some impact on all of those which certainly TB12 has a big hand in.

I get that it was not only TB that created the $1.2B delta between the Pats and the Average NFL team. That said, lots of teams have new stadiums and they are still back in the pack. It's winning and winning Superbowls that have had the greatest impact on the Pat's increase. Do I think they win them without BB, of course not. But I do know they absolutly would not have won them without TB. Then you add on the fact that he consistently took lesser contracts to afford the team to keep winning. He could have walked or crippled the team like most of his fellow QBs have done but he opted not to.

Then seeing the owener, who has by far benefitted the most from the above, playing nice with the man who has been hell bent on destroying TBs reputation and legacy, is disgusting. Not saying that BK needs to kick him in the balls when he sees him but really.

Last edited:
I get that it was not only TB that created the $1.2B delta between the Pats and the Average NFL team.

Thats fine but that wasn't was your original statement.

That said, lots of teams have new stadiums and they are still back in the pack.

What teams with new stadiums are back in the pack that are in big markets?

It's winning and winning Superbowls that have had the greatest impact on the Pat's increase.

Then how do you explain DAL, WASH, NYJ increase?

Do I think they win them without BB, of course not. But I do know they absolutly would not have won them without TB.

Since 2000, here are the QBs that have won the SB.
Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson
Ben R (2)
P Manning (2)
E Manning (2)
Brees
Rodgers
Flacco
Wilson

You don't think BB is capable of finding a QB equal or better than anyone on the list above?

I would agree that it's a QB-drive league but to say that they have zero chance of winning a SB w/o Brady is empty.

Then you add on the fact that he consistently took lesser contracts to afford the team to keep winning. He could have walked or crippled the team like most of his fellow QBs have done but he opted not to.

So the counter argument is not paying TB12 $20-$30m in bonus money and re-distributing the $ to the defense. You can easily make the case that in 2008, 2009, 2010-2012 that more talent on D gets them far.

Then seeing the owener, who has by far benefitted the most from the above, playing nice with the man who has been hell bent on destroying TBs reputation and legacy, is disgusting. Not saying that BK needs to kick him in the balls when he sees him but really.

I understand the emotion but that has nothing to do with the debate you and I are having.

He should be working day and night to ruin Roger's life and get him fired. If i were him i would have a personal detective following him around, scouring his accounting practices, planting stories, leaking reports to the media, etc...His quest should be to ruin him completely.

He should be doing it with such venom, that CIA interrogators would feel sorry for Roger

Kraft: "Hi Rog- listen I'm going to issue a public statement of support for Brady and make it look as if I'm upset with the way you acted in this case. Please don't hold it against me, I just have to pose as an owner with a backbone to fool the lap dog fans..please know I don't really mean it".

xoxo -Bob

Actually I think BB contributes more to the overall valuation than TB12 as I think with him they are still a winning team. 10-6, 9-7 and the occasional playoff game.

Personally I think a team that BB brings to the occasional playoff game but no further using one or more journeyman QBs over the era would have far less of the things you mention as being the basis of the team's valuation.

TB12 thrust the Pats on to the national stage and kept them there. That's far more valuable than a GOAT coach producing good but never excellent teams.

Seeing Kraft with that azzclown is nauseating.
Even more nauseating:
Kraft, who was spotted from the first day of the Allen & Co. mogulfest chatting with media titans like Discovery Chief Executive David Zaslav, took time to chat with Goodell late Thursday afternoon while Kraft’s girlfriend, Ricki Lander, was Instagramming selfies in the mountain scenery.
I guess Myra was the class act of the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes