PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots' Kaczur arrested for illegal possession of painkillers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me you don't actually believe what you posted...:rolleyes:

I'm sure its already been stated - but to be frank and honest, this has the potential to be much worse than Spygate.

No players knew or were involved in Spygate. Kaczur, purchasing 100 pills every few days has raised the possiblity that not just he but many other players were taking OxyContin, not for the euphoric effect, but for its ability to effectively mask pain for 12 hours at a time.

Is ther a competetive advantage to being able to play pain free every game?

I'd have to say so.

The only "good" news is that if this team had gone 19-0 the validity of that feat would now be questioned by those asking whether playing pain free gave them an advantage in achieving that goal.

Your kidding, right?

I'm sure its already been stated - but to be frank and honest, this has the potential to be much worse than Spygate.

No players knew or were involved in Spygate. Kaczur, purchasing 100 pills every few days has raised the possiblity that not just he but many other players were taking OxyContin, not for the euphoric effect, but for its ability to effectively mask pain for 12 hours at a time.

I'd have to say so.

The only "good" news is that if this team had gone 19-0 the validity of that feat would now be questioned by those asking whether playing pain free gave them an advantage in achieving that goal.

No one, no me, not you and certainly not a professional athlete would be able to perform well under the influence of oxycontin.

So that theory is quickly put to rest. The only pain killer that would help a player WHILE he was performing would be some sort of local anesthesia.

You know this is the deadest part of the year for NFL fans without even checking the calendar when this story gets over 300 comments and 7500 views.

I'd have to say so.

Man, you've already been torn apart for this one, but that was truly one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read on this forum. Usually you're spot on. One too many drinks after the Celts game last night? ;)

It's the nature of this board these days post gate. Wildly defensive and apparently some think pro-active reactions to get ahead of the outcry or any potential excuses...

Kaczur will be disciplined by the league - likely just a fine and peeing in the cup for 6 months while he attends a rehab program. If he was already in the program he's stage 2, but the same discipline would apply albeit within a 24 month window. Would have been the same scenario whether he rolled on his supplier or not. He was only ever facing a misdemeanor.

I'd have to say so.

Come on. That's crazy. Comments like that pour gas on the fire.

Pain killers are a part of the game, I don't care what anyone says. The issue is how many NK had in his possession, that's the real issue. Because of the amount he could have been charged with intent to dist. the pills and was forced to helped the investigation - I'm sure some legal leniency would follow his cooperation.

Do you think NK is the only person in the league that uses them? No way.

How many times has someone got hurt, went to the locker room and came back after getting a shot of something that helped them get thru the game?? I would take the high end of that bet, in fact I bet that happens on every team in almost every game.

Lets not be stupid here. This is a bigger issue because it's the Patriots. The team is the measuring stick right now and as such a absolute lightning rod for all that is Hate in the Media.

Don't feed the media monster.

How may writers out there saw this story and jumped for joy because they get to write another negative story about our team? Too many!

Pain killers are a part of the game, I don't care what anyone says. The issue is how many NK had in his possession, that's the real issue. Because of the amount he could have been charged with intent to dist. the pills and was forced to helped the investigation - I'm sure some legal leniency would follow his cooperation.

How many times has someone got hurt, went to the locker room and came back after getting a shot of something that helped them get thru the game?? I would take the high end of that bet, in fact I bet that happens on every team in almost every game.

Lets not be stupid here. This is a bigger issue because it's the Patriots. The team is the measuring stick right now and as such a absolute lightning rod for all that is Hate in the Media.

How may writers out there saw this story and jumped for joy because they get to write another negative story about our team? Too many!

I'd bet $$$ that Paul Pierce will be undergoing "questionable" treatment for the short-term as well. Maybe even had some in the locker room before he came "hopping" out!;)

BTW...as a fan, I'm not against this!

Last edited:

Do you really think the concept that Kaczur himslef wasn't personally ingesting 100 oxycontin pills every few days has escaped the notice of the media? And that a lightbulb is going to go off reading it on Patsfans? I don't think I deserve that much credit.

Besides, this is a discussion board. We're not the media - and if people aren't comfortable openly discussing an issue, they shouldn't.

I'm no expert on the subject but I do know that trainers and team physicians do prescribe medicines and give pain killing shots and coritzone to players legally. Taking hundreds of Oxycontin pills is different as I'm sure you can understand.

No one's jumping to any conclusions here - and of course I don't know what the truth is, but there's a very real possibility other players are involved who were seeking pain killers for issues that a physician would not prescribe them for. Exactly what good does it do fans to delude themselves that there's no possibility of that?

If you're not comfortable considering all the possibilities of this situation I suggest you stay away from this thread.

Last edited:
Do you really think the concept that Kaczur himslef wasn't personally ingesting 100 oxycontin pills every few days has escaped the notice of the media? And that a lightbulb is going to go off reading it on Patsfans? I don't think I deserve that much credit.

Besides, this is a discussion board. We're not the media - and if people aren't comfortable openly discussing an issue, they shouldn't.

I'm no expert on the subject but I do know that trainers and team physicians do prescribe medicines and give pain killing shots and coritzone to players legally. Taking hundreds of Oxycontin pills is different as I'm sure you can understand.

No one's jumping to any conclusions here - but there's a very real possibility other players are involved who were seeking pain killers for issues that a physician would not prescribe them for.

If you're not comfortable considering all the possibilities of this situation I suggest you stay away from this thread.

If he's in rehab right now, he's going through some nasty withdrawal. That is, "if" he was ingesting a lot of oxycontin.

Most people don't sleep for a week when they're in rehab. The body cries for rest but the jitters and mental short-circuits don't allow for a normal sleep cycle.

I'm no expert on the subject
but I do know that trainers and team physicians do prescribe medicines and give pain killing shots and coritzone to players legally. Taking hundreds of Oxycontin pills is different as I'm sure you can understand.

No one's jumping to any conclusions here - but there's a very real possibility other players are involved who were seeking pain killers for issues that a physician would not prescribe them for.

Correct, even thinking a pro could perform at a high level, while doped out on oxy's is laughable. Secondly, this would be a leauge wide issue, Nick is not the only guy who knows about pain killers. plus, there is a difference between taking a pain medicne to deal with pain, and being a drug adict - like Nick is.

Last edited:
Some people lie to their doctor about their pain so that they can have strong pain killer medicine. I guess that they want to get high.

If he's in rehab right now, he's going through some nasty withdrawal. That is, "if" he was ingesting a lot of oxycontin.

Most people don't sleep for a week when they're in rehab. The body cries for rest but the jitters and mental short-circuits don't allow for a normal sleep cycle.

That and he's going to be in a world of pain when the brain's natural pain-killing agents start to spark back up again.

That and he's going to be in a world of pain when the brain's natural pain-killing agents start to spark back up again.

He'll be on some sort of Methadone to get off the addiction. It's an ugly situation.

Right on. I'm out.

Last edited:
I will be pretty clear about this: any speculation that Kaczur was supplying large amounts of Oxycontin to teammates is pretty baseless speculation at this point. The amounts he claims to have allegedly been purchasing is not unheard of for an addict, as the Rush Limbaugh story should have alerted you to by now. If he was using the pills for a real high, as has been suspected, and not for mere pain relief, then you need to think a bit more clearly--the possible list of people he could have been sharing it with jumps considerably, since now you are talking about Kaczur sharing drugs with friends and hangers-on, and there need not be any teammates involved at all, unless you believe that these guys actually just hang around together all the time. Which is BS.

He'll be on some sort of Methadone to get off the addiction. It's an ugly situation.

They usually use a newer drug, buprenorphine, to wean people off of drugs and to relieve the withdrawal symptoms these days.

i don't like to see a player use "enhanced performance" drugs during the game. I hope this guy doesn't.

I will be pretty clear about this: any speculation that Kaczur was supplying large amounts of Oxycontin to teammates is pretty baseless speculation at this point.

As is speculation that Kaczur was ingesting several hundred pills every few days on his own.

So there's any number of possibilities. Why would you rule any of them in or out? This whole thread is based on speculation.

They usually use a newer drug, buprenorphine, to wean people off of drugs and to relieve the withdrawal symptoms these days.

All this assumes that Kaczur was using them for the euphoric effect. I think that's baseless speculation.

Given the fact that these guys are in a profession where they are constantly in a state of pain and injury, taking a pill orally - i.e. not snorting, not chewing - to gain the 12 hour pain killing effect without the addictive euphoria, is just as likely, if not more likely in my mind.

If that's the case, while there is still an addiction, the addiction to time released Oxycontin is no where near as severe as the addiction to the heroin like euphoria of snorting or chewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes