PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots hire Donta Hightower to coach LBs!

Here I am thinking I'd have to buy new jerseys for these future seasons...but Mayo and Hightower jerseys can remain in the rotation!

LFG Pats!!!!

Would it be Asante Samuels next ?

That’s great. I’m actually pretty happy with most of these hiring so far. I’m not sure about the special teams guy and would like to see a few more offensive coaches, but it seems to be coming into shape.
The special teams coach is the one hire that I haven’t come around to liking.

Glad you admit you're a card carrying member of Team Bill. Your p ****er friend Tunes pretends it doesn't exist. Lol

You seem pretty manic today, vomiting everywhere on everything and giggling at your computer with those imaginary gotchas. The lonely little odd-man-out who never played team sports but wanted desperately to belong and be noticed. Still beating the Belichick drum with sweaty palms. Sad. :(

You seem pretty manic today, vomiting everywhere on everything and giggling at your computer with those imaginary gotchas. The lonely little odd-man-out who never played team sports but wanted desperately to belong and be noticed. Still beating the Belichick drum with sweaty palms. Sad. :(
Says the gay looking dude wearing a turtleneck with a parrott on his shoulder that exercises by swimming with webbed gloves. LMFAO

Says the gay looking dude wearing a turtleneck with a parrott on his shoulder that exercises by swimming with webbed gloves. LMFAO

Aw look, somebody who lives in Venecol's head alongside that nasty Belichick has him laughing nervously at his computer again.

"Oh gosh -- need to hit back with a 'gotcha.' Eh ... Oh yeah. Turtleneck, parrot, swims with webbed gloves. Oh, and not 'lol' this time, but let's do 'LMFAO.' That'll get him! YEAH!"

OLD CROWD GIF .gif

What’s not to like? 3 time superbowl champion, 4 if he would of played vs Philly.

I get how a couple think he doesn’t have the experience, but… would you rather have the assistant’s brothers cousin LB’s coach from Arizona or the home grown clutch performer who also knows what it’s like to play in the front 4?

Don’t underestimate that element of his game. If he can teach those principles and incorporate them into the players we have/gonna have, it’s pretty big.

Super happy with the hire and the potential it may bring. Worth the risk imo.

What’s not to like? 3 time superbowl champion, 4 if he would of played vs Philly.

I get how a couple think he doesn’t have the experience, but… would you rather have the assistant’s brothers cousin LB’s coach from Arizona or the home grown clutch performer who also knows what it’s like to play in the front 4?

Don’t underestimate that element of his game. If he can teach those principles and incorporate them into the players we have/gonna have, it’s pretty big.

Super happy with the hire and the potential it may bring. Worth the risk imo.

I forgot which SB it was but there was a moment that was caught on film where Hightower is huddling the front 7 together and said something to the tune of "no more my bad- it's gotta be perfect from this point on" and from that point on the defense locked in.
In short - players seemed to respond and gravitate toward him.
Pretty cool to see Mayo, a BB green dot- along with Hightower , a BB green Dot on the staff (a long with Brian). Confident the D will contine to shine.

Let's see about the offense..LFG!

I forgot which SB it was but there was a moment that was caught on film where Hightower is huddling the front 7 together and said something to the tune of "no more my bad- it's gotta be perfect from this point on" and from that point on the defense locked in.
In short - players seemed to respond and gravitate toward him.
Pretty cool to see Mayo, a BB green dot- along with Hightower , a BB green Dot on the staff (a long with Brian). Confident the D will contine to shine.

Let's see about the offense..LFG!
Gotta be 53 he could of been MVP

Early on Mayo said that Hightower would be his choice for LB coach, he followed through.
As much as I liked BB, I already like that Mayo is setting a more verbal, open tone about the Patriots..
I really like Hightower coming back to this team as the LB Coach.

Early on Mayo said that Hightower would be his choice for LB coach, he followed through.
As much as I liked BB, I already like that Mayo is setting a more verbal, open tone about the Patriots..
I really like Hightower coming back to this team as the LB Coach.
Yeah I mean why couldn't BB have hired one of his ex linebackers for a key role on his coaching staff.

I wonder if it's the same karate class I by pass all the time on stoughton off of 138 heading towards Brockton?
It was called Uechi-Ryu and was in the town center. A lot of Patriots players lived in Greenbrook in Stoughton at the time.

We still need an OLB coach.

It is amazing when people prefer a guy with 3 years of watching film instead of a guy who played 10 years at the highest level. Somehow watching film is more important.
I'll take the film guy. There is nothing that says a player will become a great coach by what he did on the field.

It's a position coach slot - it's where most new coaches start. Love this. Love Hightower.

A lil fun question that I'm sure some will scoff at thinking they know the answer: who's a better LB? Mayo or Hightower?

Mayo produced some of the most consistent play on some of our worst defenses. He was a coverage LB compensating for a horrible secondary. Hard for me to pick out of the two. Would've been interesting to see a healthy Mayo on a good defense.

Weird story…I have been hit multiple times by Andre Tippet. We were both in the same karate class in Stoughton, Ma in the early 1980’s. He was a black belt….I was not.
Ouch

A lil fun question that I'm sure some will scoff at thinking they know the answer: who's a better LB? Mayo or Hightower?

Mayo produced some of the most consistent play on some of our worst defenses. He was a coverage LB compensating for a horrible secondary. Hard for me to pick out of the two. Would've been interesting to see a healthy Mayo on a good defense.
Definitely Hightower for me. Combination of being extremely solid/dependable, but also someone who elevated in the playoffs and was clutch as they come. Two of the biggest plays in Patriots history.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back